Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 624   Go Down
Author Topic: Posting Game 2: Electric Boogaloo  (Read 1281514 times)
Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #1065 on: November 02, 2017, 03:05:58 PM »

I’m not seeing why you think Yoda wasn’t a Jedi in the OT.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1066 on: November 02, 2017, 03:43:25 PM »

I’m not seeing why you think Yoda wasn’t a Jedi in the OT.
Me neither.

"When gone am I, the last of the Jedi will you be."

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #1067 on: November 02, 2017, 11:44:51 PM »

He also said something along the lines of "Failed I have, into hiding I must go", meaning he thinks he is no longer worthy of the title of Grand Master of the Jedi Order. He also resisted Obi-Wan's suggestion to train Luke, not because he was "too old", though that is the excuse he used, but also because he did not feel like he could do it because he didn't think himself a Jedi. Also, he didn't say "the last of the Jedi will you be" until Ep. 6. The "Do or do not" was in Ep. 5. Sometime in between he decided that yes, he could still be a Jedi, even though he had given the title up Jedi.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #1068 on: November 03, 2017, 02:44:10 AM »

This one is for you Logos.

Tzimho
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -75

I'm one with the force, the force is with me..

« Reply #1069 on: November 03, 2017, 08:26:54 AM »

Blah blah blah. You ever tried sleeping in sun light? Darkness has its upsides. Tongue

If I'm tired enough :p no problem. But driving around town in pure darkness will lead to allot of death.

Working on a Gray-Jedi cosplay...

Following the ways of the Force, not the ways of some order!

Dark Shock (Emerald RGBA V4 sound)
Reaper (Emerald RGBW V4 sound)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1070 on: November 03, 2017, 01:04:34 PM »

He also said something along the lines of "Failed I have, into hiding I must go", meaning he thinks he is no longer worthy of the title of Grand Master of the Jedi Order. He also resisted Obi-Wan's suggestion to train Luke, not because he was "too old", though that is the excuse he used, but also because he did not feel like he could do it because he didn't think himself a Jedi. Also, he didn't say "the last of the Jedi will you be" until Ep. 6. The "Do or do not" was in Ep. 5. Sometime in between he decided that yes, he could still be a Jedi, even though he had given the title up Jedi.
He went into hiding because he failed to cut the head off the snake. He already knew what happened to the other Jedi, and with Sidious still alive, the clones would continue to pursue him. He didn't want to train Luke because, like his father, He had aged and formed deep attachments to people. This played out when Vader tortured Han, specifically to draw Luke out. The Emperor further utilized Luke's longing for a father figure in ROTJ. "His compassion for you shall be his undoing. He will come to you, and then you will bring him before me." Yoda also, in the third person under guise, referred to himself as a Jedi Master. "Jedi Master? Yoda. You seek Yoda?...Take you to him I will. Berheheheh, but first, we must must eat. Come." Yoda was testing Luke. I'm fairly certain that Luke was not yet attuned to sensing the presence of another Force wielder. Yoda strung Luke along to see if he could calm down a sense what was really happening, and that Yoda was right in front of him.

You are also reading lines spoken over the course of only 20 some odd years as differences of mind set of a being that is 900yo. It is highly unlikely that Yoda would lose faith in the core beliefs he has carried for centuries simply because his enemy gained the upper hand. That would have been like the British giving up on reclaiming the Colonies after we took our first major victory. Yoda simply understood that, at this point in time, it was futile to fight. Although, I do think he gave up rather easy in the Senate, considering what was at stake.

If I'm tired enough :p no problem. But driving around town in pure darkness will lead to allot of death.
Even the shade is a form of darkness. Light and dark have to coexist in order to maintain life.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #1071 on: November 03, 2017, 08:32:48 PM »

There is no darkness. Only the absence of Light. I am here to make sure there is never an absence.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1072 on: November 03, 2017, 08:41:26 PM »

There is no darkness. Only the absence of Light. I am here to make sure there is never an absence.
Yeah, that absence is called "darkness". Kinda like how the absence of winning is called LOSING. Tongue

Sig by For Tyeth

Tzimho
Knight Officer

« Reply #1073 on: November 04, 2017, 01:03:50 AM »

Darkness and light need to go exist in order for the universe to survive

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #1074 on: November 04, 2017, 01:27:23 AM »

There is no darkness. Only the absence of Light. 

I’ve heard this exact thing before from someone I respect. That was being applied to real life though, not SW.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #1075 on: November 04, 2017, 02:02:43 AM »

I’ve heard this exact thing before from someone I respect. That was being applied to real life though, not SW.

Einstein said it to one of his professors in the process of proving a point. I'm sure many others have said it as well, and it has also been worded differently, but but they all mean the same thing. It is super applicable to everything, and it can totally be applied to RL as well as SW.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #1076 on: November 04, 2017, 04:57:22 AM »

Einstein said it to one of his professors in the process of proving a point. I'm sure many others have said it as well, and it has also been worded differently, but but they all mean the same thing. It is super applicable to everything, and it can totally be applied to RL as well as SW.

Evidently it’s a much more well known statement than I thought.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #1077 on: November 04, 2017, 05:12:11 AM »

Evidently it’s a much more well known statement than I thought.

It is also a scientific fact, so yeah. Pretty widely known. Doesn't change the truth of it though.

Tzimho
Knight Officer

« Reply #1078 on: November 05, 2017, 01:21:33 AM »

but see, there must always be balance!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1079 on: November 06, 2017, 07:46:41 PM »

Then how do you account for black-body objects? ô¿ô

Now moving away from photonic physics, in thermodynamic terms there actually is no such thing as "hot" or "cold"; there is only the gain or loss of heat. "Hot" and "cold" are merely relative to a baseline temperature measurement.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 624   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: