Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 497 498 [499] 500 501 ... 624   Go Down
Author Topic: Posting Game 2: Electric Boogaloo  (Read 1281531 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7470 on: June 06, 2019, 06:28:14 PM »

See, that always bugged the hell out of me as a kid. Don’t know how to spell something? Adult days to go look it up in the dictionary.... like HOW THE F*** AM I SUPPOSED TO FIND IT IN THE DICTIONARY IF A DICTIONARY IS ORGANIZED ALPHABETICALLY AND I DON’T KNOW HOW TO SPELL IT! I get the “problem solving” thing.... but it takes you 5 seconds to tell me how to spell it so I can continue my homework versus the many hours because pneumonia starts with a silent P.
That's adult for "I don't know either, but I don't want you to know that I'm equally ignorant."

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #7471 on: June 06, 2019, 07:07:24 PM »

That's adult for "I don't know either, but I don't want you to know that I'm equally ignorant."

Point, was about to say that.  My parents were always up front about their lack of knowledge fortunately.  We usually wound up looking it up together.  Gave me my love of Research

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #7472 on: June 06, 2019, 07:09:22 PM »

I accused them of this once and was grounded -_-

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7473 on: June 06, 2019, 07:12:11 PM »

I accused them of this once and was grounded -_-
Which is adult for "Don't get too big for your breeches." Tongue

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #7474 on: June 06, 2019, 07:23:47 PM »

My Friday’s just got longer -_- 8PM-9PM student added

BionicDance
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 17

« Reply #7475 on: June 06, 2019, 12:48:08 PM »

So, I discovered that there is a program--probably several, actually, but I'm just using the one--that'll let you watch movies in virtual reality.
It looks like you're sitting in a gigantic IMAX theater, with the movie filling your entire view, and an audience of virtual people sitting around you eating popcorn and stuff. Really cool.

Thing is, my VR machine doesn't have a drive of any sort, so I can't watch DVDs or Blu-Ray on it. How annoying, right?
So, on my other computer, I'm ripping a lot of my movies to flash drives; I've already done all of Star Wars--well, the good Star Wars movies (she said, quite deliberately baiting people)--as well as Tron, Explorers (which is actually the theatrical cut, which I had to rip and edit together myself), Battle Beyond the Stars, The Last Starfighter, Starchaser: The Legend of Orin, Titan AE, Galaxy Quest, The Road Warrior, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome, Tank Girl, Turbo Kid, Waterworld, and Spaceballs is ripping right now.

Each flash drive is gonna have its own theme, its own genre.
The Star Wars flicks...I could only barely fit all of them onto a 16gb, so all of my other Space Opera movies get their own. I haven't finished ripping all of those, however; I've still got some Trek, both Guardians of the Galaxy movies, maybe Dune (I have the Lynch version and the miniseries) despite not really liking Dune very much, Avatar, John Carter, that kinna thing...
There is also a Post-Apocalypse flash drive, obviously.
Tron and Explorers both have circuitry as a major theme; I think I might just put all of Max Headroom on there with them, as well.
I have a bunch of Diselpunk flicks that should probably get their own.
And I've got a ton of Fantasy movies, as well.

At some point, I'm sure I'll have to do a little triage; either I've got to buy more flash drives or I've got to buy bigger ones. Or something. Cuz I can't fit them ALL on the ones I've got.
Still...it's a project.

Also, I've mentioned before that I'm an animator; I've watched some of my own stuff in VR, and seeing it in what looks for all the world like a movie theater reminds me of why I started, reignited the passion that drove me. I have a huge project in the works and it's taking forever just to get the 3D modeling done; I can't even tell you how many projects I've just given up on because the setup took forever, I had other ideas, and then started working on those instead. It stinks.
But my current project is pretty cool (I think), and watching what I have made on the big screen...well, it's kept me working on it, is all.

Just...you know...sayin'.

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #7476 on: June 06, 2019, 07:55:04 PM »

So, I discovered that there is a program--probably several, actually, but I'm just using the one--that'll let you watch movies in virtual reality.
It looks like you're sitting in a gigantic IMAX theater, with the movie filling your entire view, and an audience of virtual people sitting around you eating popcorn and stuff. Really cool.

Thing is, my VR machine doesn't have a drive of any sort, so I can't watch DVDs or Blu-Ray on it. How annoying, right?
So, on my other computer, I'm ripping a lot of my movies to flash drives; I've already done all of Star Wars--well, the good Star Wars movies (she said, quite deliberately baiting people)--as well as Tron, Explorers (which is actually the theatrical cut, which I had to rip and edit together myself), Battle Beyond the Stars, The Last Starfighter, Starchaser: The Legend of Orin, Titan AE, Galaxy Quest, The Road Warrior, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome, Tank Girl, Turbo Kid, Waterworld, and Spaceballs is ripping right now.

Each flash drive is gonna have its own theme, its own genre.
The Star Wars flicks...I could only barely fit all of them onto a 16gb, so all of my other Space Opera movies get their own. I haven't finished ripping all of those, however; I've still got some Trek, both Guardians of the Galaxy movies, maybe Dune (I have the Lynch version and the miniseries) despite not really liking Dune very much, Avatar, John Carter, that kinna thing...
There is also a Post-Apocalypse flash drive, obviously.
Tron and Explorers both have circuitry as a major theme; I think I might just put all of Max Headroom on there with them, as well.
I have a bunch of Diselpunk flicks that should probably get their own.
And I've got a ton of Fantasy movies, as well.

At some point, I'm sure I'll have to do a little triage; either I've got to buy more flash drives or I've got to buy bigger ones. Or something. Cuz I can't fit them ALL on the ones I've got.
Still...it's a project.

Also, I've mentioned before that I'm an animator; I've watched some of my own stuff in VR, and seeing it in what looks for all the world like a movie theater reminds me of why I started, reignited the passion that drove me. I have a huge project in the works and it's taking forever just to get the 3D modeling done; I can't even tell you how many projects I've just given up on because the setup took forever, I had other ideas, and then started working on those instead. It stinks.
But my current project is pretty cool (I think), and watching what I have made on the big screen...well, it's kept me working on it, is all.

Just...you know...sayin'.

I know and feel you completely. I’m in exactly the same situation with the movies lol

I don’t really use the create modes in my VR, but look forward to seeing what you end up doing

BionicDance
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 17

« Reply #7477 on: June 06, 2019, 01:02:31 PM »

I don’t really use the create modes in my VR, but look forward to seeing what you end up doing

Oh, no, no...I'm not animating in VR; I'm doing that on my PC in 3DS MAX.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7478 on: June 06, 2019, 08:07:23 PM »

My Friday’s just got longer -_- 8PM-9PM student added
You love it. Grin

Sig by For Tyeth

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #7479 on: June 06, 2019, 06:38:58 PM »

You love it. Grin

I like the more money. Not thrilled with an adult male student. Impossible to “demonstrate” without having to sing in my non-existent chest voice because because beginning changed male voices tend to not understand the concept of “sing an octave below me”. I just hope they’re not a bass...

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7480 on: June 07, 2019, 01:01:08 PM »

I like the more money. Not thrilled with an adult male student. Impossible to “demonstrate” without having to sing in my non-existent chest voice because because beginning changed male voices tend to not understand the concept of “sing an octave below me”. I just hope they’re not a bass...
OMG. I had to learn how to drop octaves in order to sing along with.....most everything I listen to. For the best training for octave dropping was singing along with Evanescence. By early 20s, I already had a deep baritone/basso range, so matching Amy Lee was an impossibility. But the songs were so good that I couldn't help but want to sing along.

How old is this "adult" male student?

Sig by For Tyeth

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #7481 on: June 07, 2019, 10:01:47 AM »

OMG. I had to learn how to drop octaves in order to sing along with.....most everything I listen to. For the best training for octave dropping was singing along with Evanescence. By early 20s, I already had a deep baritone/basso range, so matching Amy Lee was an impossibility. But the songs were so good that I couldn't help but want to sing along.

How old is this "adult" male student?

Not sure how old yet. School Director didn’t know when I asked. The last one who couldn’t figure it out was 42

PSA though, it’s National Donut Day. Don’t forget to grab you free donuts 🍩

On

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7482 on: June 07, 2019, 05:04:59 PM »

PSA though, it’s National Donut Day. Don’t forget to grab you free donuts 🍩
Maybe

On
?

Sig by For Tyeth

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #7483 on: June 07, 2019, 12:39:23 PM »

Maybe
?

The on shouldn’t be there....

AND IM GOING TO KILL THIS KID AND HIS PARENTS! Rehearsal with pianist for the recital Sunday is today and he’s in f***ing Key Largo! I was just told this NOW for his rehearsal at 5:30 (I’m less than 2 hours)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7484 on: June 07, 2019, 07:50:15 PM »

The on shouldn’t be there....

AND IM GOING TO KILL THIS KID AND HIS PARENTS! Rehearsal with pianist for the recital Sunday is today and he’s in f***ing Key Largo! I was just told this NOW for his rehearsal at 5:30 (I’m less than 2 hours)
Just make sure to use the dark side....(and turn off your auto-correct)

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 497 498 [499] 500 501 ... 624   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: