Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Question about my sound saber?  (Read 554 times)
HeartbreakOne
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 19

« on: November 13, 2017, 07:17:24 PM »

I have a saber with Tri-Cree Adegan Silver, Obsidian LITE, and standard 4 AAA battery setup. But the saber only lasts about 1 hour (that is with 4 rechargeable NiMH AAA batteries fully charged). Could this be because there is no resistor or buckpuck in the setup? Or is the soundboard the culprit drawing so much power?

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 03:48:46 AM »

It's probably a combination of the Tri-Cree and the board drawing power.
Tri-Cree would naturally use more power than a standard LED unit

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 03:57:51 AM »

I have the same type of Tri-Cree (GB) with Obsidian lite setup with 4 rechargeable NiMH AAA batteries on my reaper and get 1 hr continuous use just like you.  That seems about the norm for our setup.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

HeartbreakOne
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 19

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 04:05:22 AM »

I have the same type of Tri-Cree (GB) with Obsidian lite setup with 4 rechargeable NiMH AAA batteries on my reaper and get 1 hr continuous use just like you.  That seems about the norm for our setup.

Really? Dang, that sucks! I guess if I were to go to a convention where it's full of noisy crowds, I'd be better off with a no sound saber since it would last longer, and the crowds voices overpowers the saber's speakers. I guess my Obsidian Lite saber is better off for personal home use.

So if our sabers last 1 hour, then how long does the Emerald and Diamond versions last if their soundboards are more advanced? Or maybe there's not much difference.

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 04:41:12 AM »

Not sure, I'll be getting a Diamond soon and will do a time trial between stunt DVA, stunt Tri-Cree AB, Tri-Cree GB w/ Obsidian lite, and Diamond and post the results based on having them all start fully charged and then just leaving them all on.  So far though, the stunts that I have are just a little better in terms of battery life than my Tri-Cree with Obsidian lite, if we are talking about wanting them at full brightness.  The difference is the stunts get really dim but don't seem to shut off, where the obsidian lite shuts off once the battery gets to low as I am sure you have noticed.  Also from my understanding, the mixed color LEDs that I have on my stunts are the most demanding, I have heard people get up to 3-4 hours on single LED stunts, green in particular appears to be long lasting, by contrast blue is usually the first to go.

When I take them to conventions and such, I usually take my charger but don't use it much, because most of the time I have my sabers turned off until it is picture time, or there is an event like a saber walk (parade).  So usually turned on for only 15 minutes at a time, and then they seem to last a lot longer (8 hrs at a convention, only did like a 30 minute "preventive" charge about half way through).  Also I notice that if my stunts go dim or my obsidian lite starts shutting down, if I turn them off and then later turn them on, I can squeeze out like 5 mins more out of them as if they recharge a little somehow just by being off.  So yeah I don't have my sabers on the whole time at conventions.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: