Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 2902 2903 [2904] 2905 2906 ... 3562   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Thoughts of Members (anything goes...well with in forum rules)  (Read 4898686 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #43545 on: July 27, 2017, 02:36:36 PM »

Go back and look at Vader through eyes that knew nothing of who or what he was in ANH, he seemed just like a powerful Lackey to Tarkin.   Phasma was quite clearly in charge of the Troopers and seemed to have a bit of a tension with Hux.  Phasma is high ranking, why wouldn't she have access to the shields....
For the same reason why they don't give both launch keys to the president. (NON-POLITICAL POST) Or why a general in the army doesn't call the shots on a carrier in the navy. She's in charge of the troops, not base ops. It was very apparent that Vader operated beyond a military or political capacity. Phasma is only a Captain, whereas Hux is General. Hux I would believe would have shield access, but he looks like the military snob sort, so he would just order a subordinate to deactivate them. Which would (should) only have raised the same questions: "Why did somebody deactivate the shields? Why were Phasma's/Hux's security clearance used to deactivate the shields?" Most devastating super weapon in DC and they don't have better computer security?

Perhaps she was in charge of security....they never said there was one garbage chute.... if someone asks...."Hey, is there a garbage can?"  are you going to proceed to list them every garbage can in the building...or direct them to the nearest one...But this comes back to the crux of everything.  Judging by the first part of the story....  I would have never read Dune if I had done that Tongue
Exactly. The answer to "Is there a garbage chute?" should have been "Yeah, the nearest one is located...." not "Yeah, there is." as in there is a (singular) garbage chute. Personally I'd have just killed her and been done with it. Dead is pretty silent-and-out-of-my-way-esque.

Not sure what Dune has to do with this, as it is a great break even by modern standards.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #43546 on: July 27, 2017, 04:56:55 PM »

Not sure what Dune has to do with this, as it is a great break even by modern standards.

Was merely illustrating the point of not judging a story by its first part (TFA being first part of the new story) by using a personal anecdote.  I agree Dune is a great book, but when I first read it I started it many times because the beginning just could not hold me.  But eventually I forced myself through it and got more invested. 

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #43547 on: July 27, 2017, 05:13:26 PM »

Exactly. The answer to "Is there a garbage chute?" should have been "Yeah, the nearest one is located...." not "Yeah, there is." as in there is a (singular) garbage chute. Personally I'd have just killed her and been done with it. Dead is pretty silent-and-out-of-my-way-esque.

You're looking into one line a little too much. That isn't even something I, or anyone else I know who's seen the film, has thought about.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #43548 on: July 27, 2017, 05:59:25 PM »

You're looking into one line a little too much. That isn't even something I, or anyone else I know who's seen the film, has thought about.

I have to agree.  The complaints you have Logos are not really invalid as such but I feel are rather nitpicky. 

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #43549 on: July 27, 2017, 09:25:23 PM »

I have to agree.  The complaints you have Logos are not really invalid as such but I feel are rather nitpicky. 

Exactly. You have you're opinion Logos, and that's great. But some of your complaints are a bit nitpicky.

(Sig by me!)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #43550 on: July 27, 2017, 09:37:34 PM »

Perhaps on the garbage chute thing.

Would it make you feel better if I complimented the movie? I was pleased that they did far more on-location scenes versus green-screen than the prequels did.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #43551 on: July 27, 2017, 09:43:05 PM »

Just picked up the new Ghost in the Shell. Can't wait to watch it tonight.  Grin

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #43552 on: July 28, 2017, 12:04:08 AM »

Just picked up the new Ghost in the Shell. Can't wait to watch it tonight.  Grin

Enjoy it! I found it to be a very visually appealing movie but disappointed they didn't dive deeper into the philosophical aspect of GITS but I understand that it was marketed to an audience who might very well have never experienced it before. I thought they did an excellent job taking elements of all GITS media and making a coherent, understandable and believable story.

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Lady Mineva
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 76

I rarely act my age.

« Reply #43553 on: July 28, 2017, 01:43:29 AM »

I just kinda butchered a battle droid part. At least it was one that I was going to replace with PVC.

Determination is my strength, patience is not always my virtue.
Initiate LE V4(SY) w/Sound "Chasm"

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #43554 on: July 28, 2017, 02:36:37 AM »

Would it make you feel better if I complimented the movie? I was pleased that they did far more on-location scenes versus green-screen than the prequels did.

As did I. The green-screen was cool, but it also was overused. But like all movies, the original, the prequel and the sequel trilogies will all have their problems. But we can still enjoy them as SW.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #43555 on: July 28, 2017, 01:01:11 PM »

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #43556 on: July 28, 2017, 02:56:42 PM »

Greatest. Meme. Ever.

Point for the lol

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #43557 on: July 29, 2017, 03:03:10 AM »

Checking to see if I am seeing things right...does the Skywalker saber look a bit different to everyone else...

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #43558 on: July 29, 2017, 03:09:32 AM »

Makes sense. I mean, it is quite old at this point, I'd imagine it would have been maintained and parts replaced.

(Sig by me!)

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #43559 on: July 29, 2017, 03:19:00 AM »

Makes sense. I mean, it is quite old at this point, I'd imagine it would have been maintained and parts replaced.
  Right, but it was not at the end of Ep 7, so this means at some point she repairs it

Pages: 1 ... 2902 2903 [2904] 2905 2906 ... 3562   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: