Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1496401 times)
Padawan_Sigmus
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #2850 on: May 08, 2014, 02:06:10 AM »

From what I understand, the current coupler for saberstaffs means the staff is just a staff, it cannot be de-coupled without asking for a time-out for the wielder to take the coupler off and put the standard pommels back on. This is all fine for cosplay and costuming, but in a duel this is hardly ideal. For those of us more duel-inclined, may I suggest if someone hasn't already, a "quick-clip coupler" for those of us fluent with both a saberstaff and duel-wielding that would enjoy an easy switch to either one. The idea I have visualized is basically two standard pommels, one for each single saber, each pommel having both two pegs and two curved slots running around the end of the pommel, the pegs being wider at the tip and the slots having a hole large enough to accomodate the tip of the peg, and the rest of the slot only wide enough to hold the rest of the peg. At the end of the slotted track is a kind of friction joint, only having just enough force to keep the pegs in place until the wielder wishes to separate them by simply twisting the pegs back out of the slots.

I'm probably overcomplicating the explanation, so I drew a picture.

Steffenator
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 26

This is not the post you're looking for.

« Reply #2851 on: May 08, 2014, 04:53:23 AM »

That idea is great, if something like that were available it might make me actually want sound whenever I splurge on an Emerald saber.

So, that means you make the sounds from your mouth? :p I can totally relate. My first saber was a grab bag with no sound. I walked around the house, adding my own sound effects. "Wooov, wooov, wooov. KSHHHHHHHHHH, wooov, wooov, Shhhhhhhuip!"
 Grin

Steffenator
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #2852 on: May 08, 2014, 05:18:55 AM »

From what I understand, the current coupler for saberstaffs means the staff is just a staff, it cannot be de-coupled without asking for a time-out for the wielder to take the coupler off and put the standard pommels back on. This is all fine for cosplay and costuming, but in a duel this is hardly ideal. For those of us more duel-inclined, may I suggest if someone hasn't already, a "quick-clip coupler" for those of us fluent with both a saberstaff and duel-wielding that would enjoy an easy switch to either one. The idea I have visualized is basically two standard pommels, one for each single saber, each pommel having both two pegs and two curved slots running around the end of the pommel, the pegs being wider at the tip and the slots having a hole large enough to accomodate the tip of the peg, and the rest of the slot only wide enough to hold the rest of the peg. At the end of the slotted track is a kind of friction joint, only having just enough force to keep the pegs in place until the wielder wishes to separate them by simply twisting the pegs back out of the slots.

I'm probably overcomplicating the explanation, so I drew a picture.

So, what you're asking for is a bayonet style connection; maybe a surface mount style, where you give it a quarter turn, and pow!, two sabers. I've thought about this, possibly making something like a BNC connector style job, but I lack the machine tools to do it myself.

I get your drawing, you want a slotted pin to go into a groove with a detent to keep it tight and aligned. Good idea. It'll keep it low profile, and functional; it would be hard to make that strong enough to take much force though. I'll think on this further, because I'd love to see something like that.

Darinus
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 25

« Reply #2853 on: May 08, 2014, 09:56:51 AM »

So, that means you make the sounds from your mouth? :p I can totally relate. My first saber was a grab bag with no sound. I walked around the house, adding my own sound effects. "Wooov, wooov, wooov. KSHHHHHHHHHH, wooov, wooov, Shhhhhhhuip!"
 Grin

Hah can't say that I haven't made them myself... I'd imagine most of us have, we're grown people playing with fancy toy lightsabers lol.
Having the saber produce sound, especially in the current state of saber sound boards, isn't terribly important to me. That additional expense could be another saber. While for what they are (and the fans of them) the current sound setups are just fine, they just don't "click" with me.

What would make it a better option to me? About twice as loud (adjustable, of course)... I have excellent hearing but I always imagined that one as depicted in the films would be loud. Some of the other ideas being tossed around are excellent, like selectable presets and Midi-based sound (or even just a wider selection of sound files for variation). If sound and Emerald were integrated with an external USB slot that would be awesome, if that USB port would also charge it? Sold - even with none of the other changes that would probably convince me to adopt the Obsidian/Emerald combo.

On a different note, what about a black bladed curved hilt saber?
...I'm joking.

My current collection:
Initiate V3 in VA (lightly customized)
Phantom V2 in FO & CG
Dominix V3 LE in GB (grab bag pull)

Wish List:
Shock or Dark Shock in DVA
Manticore in EG
Raven SS in PO or BR
Guardian in GB
Graflex in AB
Prophecy in Undecided

DArkonnen
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 11

Thanks for the memories. 1959-2014

« Reply #2854 on: May 08, 2014, 10:18:45 AM »

Containers specifically designed to carry hilts and blades. UltraSabers-branded. With padded compartments for hilts so they won't get scratched up in transit.

I'd just like something that's made just for our sabers that isn't a makeshift solution like what we're all doing now.

Graflex SE in Arctic Blue (UltraEdge) - Lord Vane's Luke ESB v.2 sound font

The Chosen One SE in Blazing Red (Midgrade) - Lord Vane's Darth Vader sound font (Vader breathing idle)

Steffenator
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #2855 on: May 09, 2014, 05:24:24 AM »

On a different note, what about a black bladed curved hilt saber?
...I'm joking.

The moment they invent a light that actually sucks the light out of it's immediate area, I'm totally in.
Smiley

Steffenator
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #2856 on: May 09, 2014, 05:25:20 AM »

Containers specifically designed to carry hilts and blades. UltraSabers-branded. With padded compartments for hilts so they won't get scratched up in transit.

I'd just like something that's made just for our sabers that isn't a makeshift solution like what we're all doing now.

Great idea!
Points!

Darinus
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #2857 on: May 09, 2014, 09:19:46 AM »

The moment they invent a light that actually sucks the light out of it's immediate area, I'm totally in.
Smiley

Heh Exactly. That's why I've always been against the idea since I first saw it. Visually cool? Sure. But doesn't make sense.

How about a blade sheath type thing that could be worn diagonally across the back and could be hidden under robes or whatever. Not hard to make but some people don't sew or would like the convenience. Plus it would probably be more professional if US offered them.

It's come up before but US-branded merchandise... I had an idea for a hoodie with a Jedi-sized hood. Zip front, big sleeves. Might look ridiculous but who cares?

Accent LEDs that aren't good for anything or could indicate various things (such as enable/disable sound if that were an option, or some of those preset buttons/knobs recently discussed)

My current collection:
Phantom V2 in FO & CG

Wish List:
Manticore in EG
Raven SS in PO or BR
Guardian in GB
Graflex in AB
Prophecy in Undecided

Darth_Phobius47
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -176

Hawkbat 5

« Reply #2858 on: May 09, 2014, 12:48:21 PM »

Dooku can keep his curved saber, I want a cool new saber that is NOT curved! Like an Exar Kun saber or a Kyle Katarn saber.

My Arsenal

Dark Arbiter w/sound custom~EG/AS
Dark Standard v3~FO
Dark Liberator v3 (bro)~CG
Initiate v3 (sis)~VA
Grab Bag: Dark SI v3 vert grooves~BR
Consular w/sound~BR/FO
Menace SE w/sound~CG/FO
Raffle prizes: Graflex w/sound~GB/AS
                    Malice w/sound~BR/VA

Darinus
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #2859 on: May 09, 2014, 07:18:00 PM »

Dooku can keep his curved saber, I want a cool new saber that is NOT curved! Like an Exar Kun saber or a Kyle Katarn saber.

Kyle Katarn would be awesome, as would the Corran Horn saber made from a speeder bike grip.

My current collection:
Phantom V2 in FO & CG

Wish List:
Manticore in EG
Raven SS in PO or BR
Guardian in GB
Graflex in AB
Prophecy in Undecided

Logorn Sorek
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #2860 on: May 10, 2014, 06:23:24 PM »

The saber i would most like to see from you guys is one based on Kyle Katarn's lightsaber from  Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast

Aurick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 137

« Reply #2861 on: May 11, 2014, 01:25:46 AM »

I like it your going against the grain! My type of guy!! Have a point! First person I've heard on here say they DONT want a curved hilt!!

Liberator V3 VA
Dominix V3 GB
Dark Iniatiate V2 LE in FO (sons)
Iniatiate V2 in SRD (daughters)
Dark initiate V3 LE in CG (daughters)
Archon V2.1 CG/FO
Dark shock (emerald) custom
Standard Issue in CG
Dominix V2 LE in BR

Jedijosh
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 105

Come back to the light side we have chips & Salsa

« Reply #2862 on: May 11, 2014, 04:16:29 AM »

Hey Phobius how about a curved Kyle Katarn saber. Wink

Sabers:
Aeon v2 (CG), Archon v2.1 (VA), Graflex CE (Obsidian Emerald), Guardian (Obsidian GB),

Wish list:
Azure Mantis, Arbiter, Bellicose in RGB, Chosen One CE, Consular in CG, Prophecy v3

Darinus
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #2863 on: May 11, 2014, 05:54:44 PM »

I like it your going against the grain! My type of guy!! Have a point! First person I've heard on here say they DONT want a curved hilt!!

I definitely don't, I've been making fun of them for a while along with black blades and crystal chambers.

A TOR-styled saber. Something that really makes it feel like it's from that Era. Not a direct version of one in particular but maybe specific elements or a mashup of several.

My current collection:
Phantom V2 in FO & CG

Wish List:
Manticore in EG
Raven SS in PO or BR
Guardian in GB
Graflex in AB
Prophecy in Undecided

Brian64
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

This is a fertile land, and we will thrive

« Reply #2864 on: May 11, 2014, 09:37:02 PM »

What I'd really like is power points on chargers that match the country of the purchaser.

I've got half a dozen recharge port rechargers that need new plugs whenever I get around to it, and I also need a bunch of those figure 8 cables for the battery chargers as well.

It's not a big problem as I've got a couple of adaptors, but it is an annoying one messing about with them.

Light side points please

Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: