Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1496415 times)
Darinus
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 25

« Reply #2940 on: May 26, 2014, 07:42:01 AM »

Do you think there would be a material that could have the apperiance of ivory, but not look as "plain" as pvc.  I think an ivory hilt with gold annodized accents would look great.  What do you think?

I've seen someone do a mod where they used a polymer clay to do something very similar, looked great.
As far as US offering something like that I'm sure they could find some sort of material to manufacture it out of.
I like to believe that anything's possible and an ivory saber doesn't seem that far fetched.

My current collection:
Initiate V3 in VA (lightly customized)
Phantom V2 in FO & CG
Dominix V3 LE in GB (grab bag pull)

Wish List:
Shock or Dark Shock in DVA
Manticore in EG
Raven SS in PO or BR
Guardian in GB
Graflex in AB
Prophecy in Undecided

Kal-El
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 97

Demon with the face of an Angel

« Reply #2941 on: May 26, 2014, 11:05:06 AM »

I've used my Dark Initiate with a 16" blade for dual weilding rapier-dagger style and it worked well, but I think your idea of an 8" hilt would provide better balance.  I wonder if there would be enough room to offer it with sound tho.

My DWG was customized in such fashion, I used the Manticore emitter and low profile pommel with initiate blade. I love it so much I went ahead and purchased the Manticore itself, they were made for each other! The DWG measures a little shorter than an initiate and is light as a feather with great balance.

Lightside points if any are given

ichibanjedi
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 9

For knowledge & defense only, never for attack

« Reply #2942 on: May 26, 2014, 02:17:24 PM »

Wow, I never would have thought to put the Manticore emitter on the war glaive to make a smaller saber...guess I should pay closer attention the the posted lengths of each of the sabers!  Nice combo.

It's an energy field created by all living things.  It surrounds us, it penetrates us, it binds the galaxy together.  And I need those light side points!!!
Sabers I own:
Azure Reaper
Nickle Monarch
Overlord
Crimson Scorpion
Dark Initiate
Prophecy
Dominix
Dark Apprentice LE V4
Dark Mantis

Darinus
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #2943 on: May 26, 2014, 02:26:39 PM »

My DWG was customized in such fashion, I used the Manticore emitter and low profile pommel with initiate blade. I love it so much I went ahead and purchased the Manticore itself, they were made for each other! The DWG measures a little shorter than an initiate and is light as a feather with great balance.

I'm currently using an Initiate v2 as an offhand with 12" blade but that setup sounds much cooler, I'd really like MHS functionality. I definitely back the idea of an 7.5-8" MHS-compatible saber, even if that means sound is out of the question.

My current collection:
Phantom V2 in FO & CG

Wish List:
Manticore in EG
Raven SS in PO or BR
Guardian in GB
Graflex in AB
Prophecy in Undecided

Kal-El
Knight Commander

« Reply #2944 on: May 27, 2014, 01:30:48 PM »

Wow, I never would have thought to put the Manticore emitter on the war glaive to make a smaller saber...guess I should pay closer attention the the posted lengths of each of the sabers!  Nice combo.

well the posted length of the DWG will fool most because the emitter is so long. Sound is definitely possible although I cannot confirm that emerald will as I don't currently have one spec'd like that. My 1st emerald was the Azure Reaper that I won  and my Manticore which I still own and is my current favorite, with the DWG which I named the "WarCore" a close second and dual weilding is just perfect.

Mrandstuff
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -5

peace is a lie there is only passion

« Reply #2945 on: May 28, 2014, 07:02:52 AM »

Ok let's see if anyone agrees but who would want to see a darth sidious hilt as the new ultrasaber so far I haven't seen it much among saber smiths but I think the great minds at ultrasabers pull it off what do you guys think Huh

ichibanjedi
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 9

For knowledge & defense only, never for attack

« Reply #2946 on: May 28, 2014, 07:32:17 AM »

Ok let's see if anyone agrees but who would want to see a darth sidious hilt as the new ultrasaber so far I haven't seen it much among saber smiths but I think the great minds at ultrasabers pull it off what do you guys think Huh
put me down for a resounding YES!  I think it's the prettiest of the movie sabers & I know guys out there are looking for a shorter saber.  US could definitely do it justice!

It's an energy field created by all living things.  It surrounds us, it penetrates us, it binds the galaxy together.  And I need those light side points!!!
Sabers I own:
Azure Reaper
Nickle Monarch
Overlord
Crimson Scorpion
Dark Initiate
Prophecy
Dominix
Dark Apprentice LE V4
Dark Mantis

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2030

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #2947 on: May 28, 2014, 09:43:46 AM »

I would be down for a more closer accurate Sidious saber. I know we have the Monarch but that one just isn't it. The ring grips make it seem weird to grip the saber but having a more stream lined version would be nice.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

The 97th Acolyte
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 93

Member of the Red Jedi Order

« Reply #2948 on: May 28, 2014, 03:40:01 PM »

I would be down for a more closer accurate Sidious saber. I know we have the Monarch but that one just isn't it. The ring grips make it seem weird to grip the saber but having a more stream lined version would be nice.

There's a Sidious hilt run happening right now elsewhere on the internet. It's too much for me though; I'd really like to see a US Sidious hilt. I'd definitely buy one. Cheesy

Raven VA - FOC Silver
Shock - FO
Manticore R+B Emerald
Dominix LE v3 - PO
Initiate LE v3 - AS
Liberator v3 Staff - SRD + CG
Dominix v2 Staff - RGB + BR

The Countess - Curved Custom
-
Behind the strangest of pretences can lie the best of things...

Darinus
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #2949 on: May 28, 2014, 03:50:10 PM »

If US made a Yoda-inspired saber it would be great as an offhand saber for those of us that want one, plus would appeal to those looking for more replica/film based sabers. It's design isn't overly stylized, making it easy to customize for people wanting to personalize.

A Syo Bakarn (TOR) inspired saber would be very cool and somewhat different for Ultrasabers.
One of "the other guys" offers one but I think US could make a more accurate and customizable product of superior quality.

My current collection:
Phantom V2 in FO & CG

Wish List:
Manticore in EG
Raven SS in PO or BR
Guardian in GB
Graflex in AB
Prophecy in Undecided

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2030

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #2950 on: May 29, 2014, 02:34:08 PM »

Yeah US price would be more generous I think. I'd definitely buy me a Sidious inspired saber though right after the curved hilt if it comes out during the summer. But like I said if the Monarch didn't have the ring grips it'd be almost dead on Sidious and I'd buy one then. Maybe a Monarch re-design?

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

DArkonnen
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 11

Thanks for the memories. 1959-2014

« Reply #2951 on: May 29, 2014, 11:24:56 PM »

It occurs to me that even if I did spend the money on one of the other guys' sabers, say, a thousand to two thousand bucks, at that point I'd be afraid to touch the thing for fear of breaking it. Nevermind swinging it around and hitting things with it. At least I know UltraSabers are meant to stand up to rigorous use.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Luke ROTJ-inspired saber with an activation box (yes, I know the Archon is available) and copper accents. Stands, carrying bags/cases. Black AV switches. A Yoda-esque saber would be great for little Padawans.

Graflex SE in Arctic Blue (UltraEdge) - Lord Vane's Luke ESB v.2 sound font

The Chosen One SE in Blazing Red (Midgrade) - Lord Vane's Darth Vader sound font (Vader breathing idle)

dannel
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 4

« Reply #2952 on: May 30, 2014, 12:30:40 AM »

A feature where we could select different parts for a saber and specify other things (sound, LED, Charge ports, etc) and then US would build it for the less handy people. Possibly include a base fee. (for labour)

Light side points please.

Darinus
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #2953 on: May 30, 2014, 12:32:27 AM »

It occurs to me that even if I did spend the money on one of the other guys' sabers, say, a thousand to two thousand bucks, at that point I'd be afraid to touch the thing for fear of breaking it. Nevermind swinging it around and hitting things with it. At least I know UltraSabers are meant to stand up to rigorous use.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Luke ROTJ-inspired saber with an activation box (yes, I know the Archon is available) and copper accents. Stands, carrying bags/cases. Black AV switches. A Yoda-esque saber would be great for little Padawans.

Yup. Something that pricey I don't see as a prop, that's an expensive decoration I wouldn't touch.

Of course the Yoda saber I'm cool with, and that idea for a Luke ROTJ is excellent. I like the film style saber with copper and a thinner neck. The Chosen One activation box style would be just fine for that, while not "100% screen accurate" I think it fits the US style by being very sturdy and incorporating a cool AV switch.

My current collection:
Phantom V2 in FO & CG

Wish List:
Manticore in EG
Raven SS in PO or BR
Guardian in GB
Graflex in AB
Prophecy in Undecided

Kal-El
Knight Commander

« Reply #2954 on: May 30, 2014, 11:41:36 AM »

Well you just summed up a little less than 200 pages of requests,  oh wait you didn't mention anything about curved hilts or black blades...but there's always next time.  Roll Eyes

Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: