Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 505 506 [507] 508 509 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1497876 times)
Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #7590 on: May 21, 2019, 10:56:18 PM »

This was brought up by another member in another thread, and shortly after I chimed in enthusiastically, we were nudged over here.  Since I haven't seen this idea added to this thread since that time, I'm going to put it on the list.  It's not my original idea, but I sure would like to see it.

How about a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) Build-A-Saber tool, so that as you make choices regarding options, you get to see what those look like?  This would let you swap out emitters and pommels for the MHS-compatible models, or change the blade color, or the color of the greeblies, claws, screws, activation boxes, switches, widgets, and what-not without having any of the items in hand.

This would NOT be easy, I realize; they've already built a heck of a hierarchy into the ordering process, though, so perhaps that would be the easiest/best spot on the website to enable this.  Even starting from that point, where all the dependencies for options are already recorded, there still would need to be a BOATLOAD of images created and added in.  I can't even imagine the effort it would take to blend the images in a realistic fashion.  I haven't work on bill-of-materials software for nearly 30 years, but I remember it's a glorious headache of organization, and this adds the complication of make the images of the various pieces-parts actually look correct.  (Alternatively, someone could spend an incredible amount of time and effort taking a picture of every hilt combined with every conceivable option, a task which would get exponentially larger with every new release.)

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

MandaloriansPride
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 60

« Reply #7591 on: May 21, 2019, 11:04:32 PM »

This was brought up by another member in another thread, and shortly after I chimed in enthusiastically, we were nudged over here.  Since I haven't seen this idea added to this thread since that time, I'm going to put it on the list.  It's not my original idea, but I sure would like to see it.

How about a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) Build-A-Saber tool, so that as you make choices regarding options, you get to see what those look like?  This would let you swap out emitters and pommels for the MHS-compatible models, or change the blade color, or the color of the greeblies, claws, screws, activation boxes, switches, widgets, and what-not without having any of the items in hand.

This would NOT be easy, I realize; they've already built a heck of a hierarchy into the ordering process, though, so perhaps that would be the easiest/best spot on the website to enable this.  Even starting from that point, where all the dependencies for options are already recorded, there still would need to be a BOATLOAD of images created and added in.  I can't even imagine the effort it would take to blend the images in a realistic fashion.  I haven't work on bill-of-materials software for nearly 30 years, but I remember it's a glorious headache of organization, and this adds the complication of make the images of the various pieces-parts actually look correct.  (Alternatively, someone could spend an incredible amount of time and effort taking a picture of every hilt combined with every conceivable option, a task which would get exponentially larger with every new release.)

2nd-ed

Proud Owner of:
Graflex CE w/Diamond Controller
Spectre (Black Hilt) w/Diamond Controller
Lost Gray w/Diamond Controller
Guardian w/Emerald and Obsidian v4
Spectre w/Obsidian v4
Archon v3.1 w/Obsidian v4
Consular w/Obsidian v4
Dark Shock w/Obsidian v4
Arbiter w/Obsidian v3
Shock - installed myself
12 additional Mystery Box sabers

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #7592 on: May 22, 2019, 12:42:15 AM »

How about a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) Build-A-Saber tool, so that as you make choices regarding options, you get to see what those look like?...     -----8<-----snip-----8<-----

It turns out the person whose idea I stole is Edon Bluewolf.  Thanks for thinking of it!

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2030

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #7593 on: May 22, 2019, 06:18:26 PM »

Another original katana saber design would be cool too, not that I don't like the Spectre/Kanan design, just something more original looking basically

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Dude
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -58

« Reply #7594 on: May 22, 2019, 08:14:26 PM »

Mesa want the Dooku lightsaber  Wink  Wink .. 

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7595 on: May 22, 2019, 08:31:42 PM »

Mesa want the Dooku lightsaber  Wink  Wink .. 

Get in line, son.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Kazuto
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 234

Chains keep us together

« Reply #7596 on: May 23, 2019, 02:10:47 AM »

I still want a payment plan...stares at Dark Graflex

Saber Collection:
The Graflex CE - Consular Green
Spectre - Arctic Blue/Silver FoC
Gold Butcher - Consular Green
Chosen One CE - Scarlet Red/Lavender FoC

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #7597 on: May 23, 2019, 02:13:18 AM »

That is a dangerous thing I am conflicted about.  On one hand I would have a lot more Diamonds in my collection, on the other hand I would have a lot lower balance in my bank account in the long term cause I would be more likely to overspend. 

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Kazuto
Knight Commander

Chains keep us together

« Reply #7598 on: May 23, 2019, 02:22:53 AM »

That is a dangerous thing I am conflicted about.  On one hand I would have a lot more Diamonds in my collection, on the other hand I would have a lot lower balance in my bank account in the long term cause I would be more likely to overspend. 
You having a lack of self control is not a valid reason Tongue

Saber Collection:

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Light side points please

« Reply #7599 on: May 23, 2019, 02:36:00 AM »

I was being figurative as I've always spaced out my purchases comfortably to never run into any troubles from overspending or money troubles down the road.  But then think how many customers would try to cancel on the payment plan when they realize they didn't budget appropriately or when "life happens" and they suddenly realize they need the money for something else.  That is the real reason I think no saber vendor offers payment plans.  Too many would flake on spending hundreds on a saber if they had too much time to wait while they paid it off.  But yes it is a self control issue at the core.

Kazuto
Knight Commander

Chains keep us together

« Reply #7600 on: May 23, 2019, 02:40:15 AM »

I was being figurative as I've always spaced out my purchases comfortably to never run into any troubles from overspending or money troubles down the road.  But then think how many customers would try to cancel on the payment plan when they realize they didn't budget appropriately or when "life happens" and they suddenly realize they need the money for something else.  That is the real reason I think no saber vendor offers payment plans.  Too many would flake on spending hundreds on a saber if they had too much time to wait while they paid it off.  But yes it is a self control issue at the core.
Then layway, and they don't get the saber until it's paid off

Saber Collection:

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Light side points please

« Reply #7601 on: May 23, 2019, 02:47:37 AM »

Essentially that is what I meant, payment plan and then receive (aka layaway).  There is absolutely no way US or any saber vendor would send you the saber first off of an initial nominal payment and then allow you to pay off after.  Way too much risk involved for the vendor in that scenario.  But I guess it would start a new line of work for some, saber repo men!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2374

I don't need vision to defeat you.

« Reply #7602 on: May 23, 2019, 04:14:48 AM »

I think I need to explain myself a little more.  Below is a post I made a few days ago with some more detailed explanations.
There are a few things I would like to see.
•First, a new Emerald driver with some functionality like the Diamond board but without the sound.
I would like to be able to hold in the button for a few seconds and then with a click of the button cycle through a few preset or user colors.
•Second, being able to choose my blade color  for a stunt saber using an RGB scale on the website, so I can get the color I want everytime.
After further thought on this idea, using resisters to create a color is a little harder than using a control board, so this is one of those ideas that sounded better in my head.  So I retract this thought, because it would be hard to pull off.
•Third, I would love the option to add extra LEDs in the pommel end of the hilt with the Diamond Driver, for flash on clash, or pulsing.  Just think it would be cool to see some animated lights glowing in the pommel end of the hilt.  Either that or some lights on other parts of the saber.
Basically when the blade hits something, the pommel would emit a flash of light, like the power cell inside the saber was experiencing a power spike.  Or the pommel could simply emit a soft glow when the saber is active, not sure why, but it would look cool.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #7603 on: May 23, 2019, 05:00:43 AM »

Okay now, I'm just gonna go ahead and lock this for now. I'm going to converse with the other mods, get this thread cleaned up, and hopefully we can get back to the suggestions.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #7604 on: May 24, 2019, 06:30:38 PM »

Thread cleaned. I'm going to reopen this now, but before we get back to the topic, there's a few things that need to be said.

1) This is a thread for suggestions about US products, services, the website, etc. It is not a place to complain about said products, services, the website, etc. I've seen a trend recently and had to delete a few posts that were simply complaining. There's a fine line between constructive criticism and out right complaining. A few of you have been doing the latter. Us has a customer service email, or if you MUST post it on the forum we have a general "venting" thread. It's not what was said in most of these posts, it was how they were worded.

2) Please understand that this is a thread to make friendly suggestions about US products, as well as discuss things that we wish to see. Please be more respectful in discussing these ideas. Discussion is fine, however I've seen some who simply shoot down other's ideas with a snide remark. That is not cool, please do not do that. "Good idea, but here's why that might be tough to implement" vs "Yeah sure, not gonna happen, you're stupid/lazy/crazy for wanting that, because..." are very different. Once again you can say essentially the same thing, but word it in a way that is more kosher.   

3) Again, this is a thread for discussion and suggestion, meaning it is possible that you will both have your own ideas shot down, as well as shoot down other's ideas. If you aren't prepared for the fact that your ideas may be discussed and even shot down, perhaps don't post them here? That or learn to live with it. Conversely, if you can't discuss other people's ideas in a polite and friendly manner, then don't post here. We all have bad days, but taking it out on other forum members is not cool. If there is really an issue, report the post to the mods, let us deal with it, and hash it out in PM if need be.

The other mods and I are watching this thread closely. If we see this becoming an issue again, we will take action, up to and including a thread deletion.

-Regards,
Brooke

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Pages: 1 ... 505 506 [507] 508 509 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: