Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 624   Go Down
Author Topic: Posting Game 2: Electric Boogaloo  (Read 1277207 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2789

Grey Assassin

« Reply #5400 on: November 30, 2018, 04:24:25 PM »

HA! You live on very stable ground. In California we had a 3.9 and a 4.0 since Tuesday. Business as usual. We have over 10,000 earthquakes a year.

Sounds like Texas but we have hurricanes and tornados instead of earthquakes which are rare. We did have a few earthquakes a couple years ago

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #5401 on: November 30, 2018, 11:38:49 PM »

HA! You live on very stable ground. In California we had a 3.9 and a 4.0 since Tuesday. Business as usual. We have over 10,000 earthquakes a year.

Only? Wink I don't even know how many quakes AK has per year, but I'm pretty sure it's more than that. Grin

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #5402 on: November 30, 2018, 11:40:44 PM »

Sounds like Texas but we have hurricanes and tornados instead of earthquakes which are rare. We did have a few earthquakes a couple years ago

It's unavoidable. You either deal with the hurricanes and tornadoes tearing things up from above, or earthquakes tearing things up from below.
Not trying to play who has it worse in the slightest, but at least you get warnings. On the other side of that, we don't have an earthquake season like you guys do with hurricanes and tornadoes that you just have to expect. There is more damage done every year by hurricanes in your neck of the woods than earthquakes in mine.    

Only? Wink I don't even know how many quakes AK has per year, but I'm pretty sure it's more than that. Grin

I just checked. I guess California is second to Alaska when it comes to earthquakes per year. And now I know something new. Smiley

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #5403 on: December 01, 2018, 01:18:48 AM »

Hurricanes especially. during Harvey, the town right next to mine (legit a 5 minute drive) was completely underwater. we went from having a city called Dickinson to having a Lake Dickinson. A majority of my neighborhood flooded as well, the only houses that didn't were mine and a few others on my street, though we got real close.

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

CruentoNox
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 464

We are what they grow beyond

« Reply #5404 on: December 03, 2018, 12:24:15 PM »

As always I'm far behind on this thread so I'm answering a lot in a single post:

which is why I am glad that my parents actually discipline me and don't just let everything slide. And I have been taught all my life to respect others, and whenever I disrespect someone, my dad gets upset.

Sounds like good education to me.

I have confidence in individuals. It's simple statistics. The more people you add to a sample population, the lower the average becomes. And there are a LOT in your demographic. Undecided

So true...

Socrates did not live on the verge of a technological singularity. It doesn't really matter what the next generation does when they're going to end up being at least half computer.

Granted, yet I do think it matters. What part of us do we let become artifical, what do we teach these computers, etc. Who know, maybe machines could become better at life than we are...

Agreed. Hopefully, I don't fall into the Millennial norms myself even though I'm classified as one.

You are what you choose to be in a way. You can't change everything about you, your upbringing, etc. but your choices still make a lot of who you are.

I don't think any one here has to worry about falling into the norms of their respective generations. We are all Gen WTF and in this together if you ask me.

Love this! Point!  Wink

Thanks DS.  Someone has faith in me  Cheesy

I think many of us have faith in you not falling into the Millenial norm  Grin

I'm not talking about simple knowledge storage. I'm talking about every process. Not just knowing song lyrics, but knowing the individual notes and what instrument is making them, and how loudly they are being played, and how best to imitate those sounds. Knowing how much force is necessary to take a step without falling, but also jumping off the ground. NTM, think of how many faces you can identify on sight, and whether or not you know them....or even like them. How to coordinate your fingers to tie a simple bow in your shoe laces. You add all those little things up, and they would quickly stress a computer's processor. And we can do all that I listed by the age of 5.

I often take a moment to be conscious of how much things my body and mind do, even some of them at the same time. I find it a very uplifting thought to realize the impressive things you do without being fully aware of it.

I'm fine. About a 6-8 hour drive from Anchorage.  Wink Did feel it though. Shook for about 20 seconds or more. At first I thought I had just gotten super dizzy all of a sudden, but then we noticed the chandelier swinging. Wasn't on because I had to leave for school.

Glad to see that you weren't badly affected by it and are fine.   Cheesy

California is a rather unstable environment. In Switzerland I actually really felt an earthquake only once in my life. I was a work and their was one in the mountains. I only really noticed because it lasted a while and I was standing still and watching as someone was showing me how to do something.

I just checked. I guess California is second to Alaska when it comes to earthquakes per year. And now I know something new. Smiley

Size should be taken into account as well. I looked at Wikipedia data. Alaska: 663,268 sq mi / California: 163,696 sq mi. Alaska is 4 times bigger than California. Than again, both are located of the Ring of Fire so it's no surprise they are seismically active. Most of Europe doesn't have that much difficulties with earthquakes.

Sabers Owned
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, SRD with AB FoC, windows and Green-Illuminated A/V Switch
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, AB with windows
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, SRD with windows
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, GB with AS FoC, windows and Non-Illuminated Silver A/V Switch
- Dominix V4, Stunt, BR with windows
- Bellicose, LITE sound, AS with AB FoC, Black blade holder, Bronze button, Long grooves pommel and White-Illuminated A/V Switch

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #5405 on: December 03, 2018, 05:35:58 AM »

You are what you choose to be in a way. You can't change everything about you, your upbringing, etc. but your choices still make a lot of who you are.

Thank you my friend, I like to not being part of the social norm when it comes to things like that. I am myself and just strive to be the best that I can be and live life without or minimal complaint.

I think many of us have faith in you not falling into the Millenial norm  Grin

Thank you, Crue!  That means a lot coming from someone that I look up to! 

CruentoNox
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 464

We are what they grow beyond

« Reply #5406 on: December 03, 2018, 01:12:45 PM »

I am myself and just strive to be the best that I can be and live life without or minimal complaint.

That's the way it should be.

Thank you, Crue!  That means a lot coming from someone that I look up to! 

You're welcome but there's really no need to look up to me. I'm right here  Grin

Sabers Owned
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, SRD with AB FoC, windows and Green-Illuminated A/V Switch
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, AB with windows
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, SRD with windows
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, GB with AS FoC, windows and Non-Illuminated Silver A/V Switch
- Dominix V4, Stunt, BR with windows
- Bellicose, LITE sound, AS with AB FoC, Black blade holder, Bronze button, Long grooves pommel and White-Illuminated A/V Switch

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #5407 on: December 03, 2018, 06:22:59 AM »

That's the way it should be.

You're welcome but there's really no need to look up to me. I'm right here  Grin

Thank you my friend, you're too kind but I still look up to you.  Wink

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #5408 on: December 03, 2018, 08:50:16 AM »

I have these Denny's SOLO trading cards.

When you have a full set, the backs make these,

Lets just say I know someone in this thread that knows someone who's mom runs a Denny's.

I have 4 more boxes than this! I don't need 2,000 Solo trading cards. What should I do with them?
I thought I'd ask everyone here first. I mean, I suppose I could give them away...

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #5409 on: December 03, 2018, 09:04:24 AM »

I'll take some, I'm sure the rest will chime in rather soon

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #5410 on: December 03, 2018, 04:16:12 PM »

I have these Denny's SOLO trading cards.

When you have a full set, the backs make these,

Lets just say I know someone in this thread that knows someone who's mom runs a Denny's.

I have 4 more boxes than this! I don't need 2,000 Solo trading cards. What should I do with them?
I thought I'd ask everyone here first. I mean, I suppose I could give them away...

if you do give them away, I'd be interested in some.

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #5411 on: December 03, 2018, 04:20:12 PM »

Those are cool! But I'll pass, thanks

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #5412 on: December 03, 2018, 09:19:12 AM »

Those are cool! But I'll pass, thanks

Got it. 2 boxes coming your way.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5413 on: December 03, 2018, 10:14:44 AM »

I'm fine. About a 6-8 hour drive from Anchorage.  Wink Did feel it though. Shook for about 20 seconds or more. At first I thought I had just gotten super dizzy all of a sudden, but then we noticed the chandelier swinging. Wasn't on because I had to leave for school.
That's good. I'd hate to have to train a new Millennial.

Meanwhile in Elkhart

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #5414 on: December 03, 2018, 10:27:34 AM »

That's good. I'd hate to have to train a new Millennial.

Meanwhile in Elkhart

Why is your insulation on the outside? No wonder you guy's are always so cold there.

Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 624   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: