Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 602 603 [604] 605 606 ... 624   Go Down
Author Topic: Posting Game 2: Electric Boogaloo  (Read 1277215 times)
Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #9045 on: October 05, 2020, 06:13:31 PM »

Heresy! Look me straight and tell me that Beethoven and Mozart were rock stars in their own rights. I'll put money to the fact that had they had electricity let alone electric guitars, that they wouldn't have used them. In my experience, if there were ever 2 music forms that were meant to be fused, it's rock and classical. It is also my opinion that good rock moves like classical music.

I wholeheartedly agree

I feel you on this. BUT that's a double edged sword. I would love to know what to do and how to better handle situations, but at the same time I subscribe to the Butterfly Effect of time travel: your mere presence could alter everything you currently know. The alternative is that without you doing everything you've done, you wouldn't be the person you are. Still other times I just want to say "2020 it".

But if you ARE already that person...then you have no need to live those lessons.  All that would change would be those around you and your circumstances.  But I don't hold to the butterfly effect....to paraphrase Q.....We're just not that important.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #9046 on: October 05, 2020, 06:36:44 PM »

But if you ARE already that person...then you have no need to live those lessons.  All that would change would be those around you and your circumstances.  But I don't hold to the butterfly effect....to paraphrase Q.....We're just not that important.
But to also use Q, he removed a single traumatic event from Picard's life and it completely removed him from the life he knew.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #9047 on: October 05, 2020, 08:23:32 PM »

But to also use Q, he removed a single traumatic event from Picard's life and it completely removed him from the life he knew.

But he also "fast Forwarded" Picard to the present of what "that" Picard would have been like.  The outcome would have been different had Picard got to live his young life with a real heart AND still had the lesson that near death would have taught him.   Lets say a young football star was in a wreck before the big game.  Completely destroyed is knees and ruined his football career ..BUT it taught him the value of life and how each day is precious.  Now some cosmic being gives him the chance to NOT wreck and he gets to play in the big game and is recruited by an NFL team.  But he still has the lesson of his past life..that life is finite and is precious.  Admittedly it is a "have your cake and eat it to" scenario.  Being able to learn a life lesson with no loss.  But that is why I said it was my "Ideal".   Point for knowing which episode that Q line came from.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #9048 on: October 05, 2020, 08:56:57 PM »

Heresy! Look me straight and tell me that Beethoven and Mozart were rock stars in their own rights. I'll put money to the fact that had they had electricity let alone electric guitars, that they wouldn't have used them. In my experience, if there were ever 2 music forms that were meant to be fused, it's rock and classical. It is also my opinion that good rock moves like classical music.

I never said they didn't fuse well. Just that I don't care for it. And yeah, their music would have been completely different if they had the tech we do today, but the same could be said for us. If Mozart and Beethoven and Bach and Vivaldi and Mendelsson and Brahms and Dvořák and Stravinsky and all the many others hadn't written their music as they did, our music would be completely different. Without them, John Williams' scores for Superman, Star Wars, Jaws, Harry Potter, etc. would be completely different. If they existed at all. So yeah, while Rock and Classical can blend very very well (as is evidenced by so many, The Piano Guys included), I don't even want to think about how different the world would be had the classical composers had different instruments and technology. It hurts my brain too much, and is scary to think about.

And I did grow up listening to and playing classical music, and I'm also a music minor, all of which contribute to why I have never cared for rock (I respect the artists though [most of the time]).

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #9049 on: October 05, 2020, 09:12:04 PM »

But he also "fast Forwarded" Picard to the present of what "that" Picard would have been like.  The outcome would have been different had Picard got to live his young life with a real heart AND still had the lesson that near death would have taught him.   Lets say a young football star was in a wreck before the big game.  Completely destroyed is knees and ruined his football career ..BUT it taught him the value of life and how each day is precious.  Now some cosmic being gives him the chance to NOT wreck and he gets to play in the big game and is recruited by an NFL team.  But he still has the lesson of his past life..that life is finite and is precious.  Admittedly it is a "have your cake and eat it to" scenario.  Being able to learn a life lesson with no loss.  But that is why I said it was my "Ideal".   Point for knowing which episode that Q line came from.
Actually he did live that life. Q moved the 'real' Picard's consciousness into the shell that had been lived by the 'other'. The 'other' had lived a rather unremarkable and safe life. That is why he was nothing more than a random red shirt, and not the captain. Basically what played out is what I'm saying: Picard ended up choosing the life with a known hardship in order to stay what he was. That's why when he was returned for the final time to the fateful event, he did everything the same, and smiled when he was stabbed by the Nausican.

Now if there were some kind of thing that shielded my consciousness from being altered by changing the events of my life, I'd be in.

Also, Q was my absolute favorite thing out of the newer series. He was always fun.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #9050 on: October 05, 2020, 10:22:45 PM »

Actually he did live that life. Q moved the 'real' Picard's consciousness into the shell that had been lived by the 'other'. The 'other' had lived a rather unremarkable and safe life. That is why he was nothing more than a random red shirt, and not the captain. Basically what played out is what I'm saying: Picard ended up choosing the life with a known hardship in order to stay what he was. That's why when he was returned for the final time to the fateful event, he did everything the same, and smiled when he was stabbed by the Nausican.

Now if there were some kind of thing that shielded my consciousness from being altered by changing the events of my life, I'd be in.

Also, Q was my absolute favorite thing out of the newer series. He was always fun.

This was my point.  The scenario I was putting forth was one where you go back into your body WITH all your knowledge you've accrued over your life.  In this case Picard could have avoided the fight...but still remembered the lesson.  Imagine starting over in school already understanding all the subjects.... Or knowing already where a weakness in yourself lies and you can go ahead and correct it.  Not waste time on that person or hobby.   Like starting a new game with all your abilities and weapons unlocked.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #9051 on: October 06, 2020, 01:18:36 PM »

This was my point.  The scenario I was putting forth was one where you go back into your body WITH all your knowledge you've accrued over your life.  In this case Picard could have avoided the fight...but still remembered the lesson.  Imagine starting over in school already understanding all the subjects.... Or knowing already where a weakness in yourself lies and you can go ahead and correct it.  Not waste time on that person or hobby.   Like starting a new game with all your abilities and weapons unlocked.
Well.......there in lies the rub. One of my biggest short-comings growing up was dealing with people; girls in particular. I blame this on being stunted by ADD meds. If I were to go back with my current knowledge base, I would know how to better interact with people; particularly girls. This would offer up the conundrum of I love who I'm with, but my chances of being with her drastically diminish; even if I actively pursued her.

I postulated a theory, based on popular fiction crossed with various religious beliefs, and that great line from Caddyshack about "total consciousness". It is my theory that when you die, you come together at the point when the last possible day of all your parallel selves expire. At this point, you will then know everything that your life could have been, and therefore achieve total consciousness. After that....who knows?

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #9052 on: October 06, 2020, 01:45:54 PM »

Well.......there in lies the rub. One of my biggest short-comings growing up was dealing with people; girls in particular. I blame this on being stunted by ADD meds. If I were to go back with my current knowledge base, I would know how to better interact with people; particularly girls. This would offer up the conundrum of I love who I'm with, but my chances of being with her drastically diminish; even if I actively pursued her.

I postulated a theory, based on popular fiction crossed with various religious beliefs, and that great line from Caddyshack about "total consciousness". It is my theory that when you die, you come together at the point when the last possible day of all your parallel selves expire. At this point, you will then know everything that your life could have been, and therefore achieve total consciousness. After that....who knows?

I have thought of that to...a theory within a theory.  That you may alter something that could affect something good in your future.  But at the same time I ascribe to the theory that there are fixed points in our lives that will always happen no matter what.  Our choices will either delay or speed up our arrival.  But...IF I somehow got the chance to do this...I would ideally want my wife to do the same.  Maybe we wouldn't have wasted  years waiting for the right time to get married.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #9053 on: October 06, 2020, 04:42:24 PM »

I have thought of that to...a theory within a theory.  That you may alter something that could affect something good in your future.  But at the same time I ascribe to the theory that there are fixed points in our lives that will always happen no matter what.  Our choices will either delay or speed up our arrival.  But...IF I somehow got the chance to do this...I would ideally want my wife to do the same.  Maybe we wouldn't have wasted  years waiting for the right time to get married.
SSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I'm already getting enough flack. And she reads this thread.

Truthfully, I do not feel that there is anything fixed in life. That is why there is no recipe for success. Success in one area generally results in/from failure in another. Something about "can't win 'em all."

"The past is history. The future's a mystery. But today is a gift. That's why it's called the 'present'." - Orvus

Sig by For Tyeth

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #9054 on: October 07, 2020, 07:42:42 PM »

SSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I'm already getting enough flack. And she reads this thread.
Yes, she does. Perhaps time to listen to the wisdom of others ;P

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #9055 on: October 07, 2020, 07:57:44 PM »

Yes, she does. Perhaps time to listen to the wisdom of others ;P
SSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Sig by For Tyeth

Beeblebrox
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -27

D.S.P.P. Dark Side Points Preferred.

« Reply #9056 on: October 20, 2020, 03:37:34 PM »

I heard a rumor that the next person to post here  has poopy pants.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #9057 on: October 20, 2020, 05:13:56 PM »

Then like most rumors, it is fallacious chicanery and easily dismissed. Nice try.

Sig by For Tyeth

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #9058 on: October 20, 2020, 09:01:53 PM »

Then like most rumors, it is fallacious chicanery and easily dismissed. Nice try.

That sounds like something someone accused of having poopy pants would say.

It also sounds 100% accurate.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #9059 on: October 20, 2020, 09:03:10 PM »

That sounds like something someone accused of having poopy pants would say.

It also sounds 100% accurate.
It was a well conceived scare tactic that I didn't fall for. And that's why I win.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 602 603 [604] 605 606 ... 624   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: