Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Two Brief Questions About the Archon...  (Read 1347 times)
Laeradex
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 29

« on: July 01, 2013, 10:15:00 PM »

I've got an Archon v2.1 on the way in the post, and I've looked through the reviews but couldn't find the answers to these, so here goes.

1) How much space is there in the hilt? Comparisons to the Aeon v3 would be useful Smiley

2) I've heard about there being some play in the hilt due to it being in three sections, despite being tightly threaded. Does anyone have any experience of this?

Thanks in advance!

S

2nd Degree Black Belt in ITF TKD, part-time Instructor.

Aeon v3 CG
Archon v2.1 CG/BR (Obsidian)
Apprentice v4 CG (Obsidian)

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 01:07:22 PM »

I've got an Archon v2.1 on the way in the post, and I've looked through the reviews but couldn't find the answers to these, so here goes.

1) How much space is there in the hilt? Comparisons to the Aeon v3 would be useful Smiley

2) I've heard about there being some play in the hilt due to it being in three sections, despite being tightly threaded. Does anyone have any experience of this?

Thanks in advance!

S

There is ZERO room in the hilt if you get QDs - only the Prophecy has less room from what I've seen. Due to the lack of space in the Archon, there is no play in any section of the Archon at all. It feels like solid metal!

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

Laeradex
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 01:30:44 PM »

Ah, fair enough. I've ordered it with QDs, too... Do you have any problems with the wires in such tight confines?

Aeon v3 CG

eerockk
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 01:34:20 PM »

Ah, fair enough. I've ordered it with QDs, too... Do you have any problems with the wires in such tight confines?

Yes, I was not careful and forced my MLS unit into the hilt by tightening the emitter down, but in my carelessness, I didn't ensure clearance with the QD and I snapped the resistor off of my Sentinel Yellow MLS (which I later modded to BR cause the resistor was unfixable). It was my own fault completely, and though I did gain a second BR module, I lost SY. (I will get another one someday - that is a color worth having again).

As long as you fit the QDs along side the switch, and not tighten the emitter like a barbarian me, you'll be cool!

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 01:45:29 PM »

Yes, I was not careful and forced my MLS unit into the hilt by tightening the emitter down, but in my carelessness, I didn't ensure clearance with the QD and I snapped the resistor off of my Sentinel Yellow MLS (which I later modded to BR cause the resistor was unfixable). It was my own fault completely, and though I did gain a second BR module, I lost SY. (I will get another one someday - that is a color worth having again).

As long as you fit the QDs along side the switch, and not tighten the emitter like a barbarian me, you'll be cool!
I second this, you just gotta be careful putting the MLS back in and no forcing anything when screwing the emitter back on! I took mine out coz I was curious and found the wires are very tightly packed in there, when pushing them back in you just do it carefully- and pay attention to how they came out.
long as you firmly screw the parts back in place you won't get play

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Laeradex
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2013, 02:58:59 PM »

Hmm, okay. Would putting o-rings in the thread help any? Give the wires a bit more room, maybe? Unless I misunderstand how the saber fits together Tongue

Aeon v3 CG

eerockk
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2013, 03:42:18 PM »

Hmm, okay. Would putting o-rings in the thread help any? Give the wires a bit more room, maybe? Unless I misunderstand how the saber fits together Tongue

Not really. Everything does fit snugly but there is room to fit everything. It's only careless emitter tightening that potentially puts MLS units with QDs at risk. It's a small hilt, but there's room!

Here's the Archon with just an emitter (no neck extension) just to show you the size compared to a full-length Bellicose. The Archon's normal emitter makes it about the same length normally.

Even in 'short mode' there's enough room.

Laeradex
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2013, 03:46:41 PM »

Ah, brilliant, thank you for the help!

I was looking at getting that emitter at some point. Tongue

Aeon v3 CG

eerockk
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2013, 04:01:19 PM »

Ah, brilliant, thank you for the help!

I was looking at getting that emitter at some point. Tongue

You're very welcome! I love that emitter and this choke along with it. It completed the look I was going for with the Archon. If it weren't for my love of Bellicoses, this would be well on top of my list of fave sabers.

Laeradex
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2013, 04:14:23 PM »

Ooo, I like that. Point. I was thinking about getting the other choke though, the slightly shorter one that looks more machined?

I suppose I'd best get the saber itself first before thinking about adding anything else, for my wallet's sake more than anything Tongue

Aeon v3 CG

eerockk
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2013, 04:59:09 PM »

Ooo, I like that. Point. I was thinking about getting the other choke though, the slightly shorter one that looks more machined?

I suppose I'd best get the saber itself first before thinking about adding anything else, for my wallet's sake more than anything Tongue

Thanks man! The saber as purchased from Ultrasabers is awesome too, I guess I should have mentioned that.  Grin

Let us know if you have any other questions too!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: