Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Battery Glowing Red Hot  (Read 365 times)
Vantharas
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: October 17, 2023, 01:15:16 AM »

Hi guys. I've had my lightsaber for about 6 months , I left said battery in lightsaber. Earlier last week I put it on the charger supplied by ultrasabers and let it charge till full. I placed said battery in lightsaber and hit the button.. Nothing.

I removed the battery holder and my Lithium Ion battery was glowing red hot on the top. Smoking lots and fortunately since I did this in my kitchen I grabbed my Kitchen Tongs and removed said battery from my board.

There are now plenty of I assume scorch marks on the metal contacts for the battery / board , one side of the metal does not look like the other. I am beyond disappointment to say the least as I've had maybe 6 total hours of use out of my saber which is now dead. I ordered it in May.

Has anyone else suffered catastrophic battery failure like this? Its my first experience with battery cells as none of my devices I use currently use them. I assume this wouldn't have anything to do with ultrasabers and more to do with the brand of battery they sent me and I just happened to get a dud?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: