Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Newbie Question regarding working on/upgrading  (Read 581 times)
The6ftTallAZN
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 3

« on: November 28, 2015, 01:43:16 AM »

I just ordered my first saber yesterday, I ordered it without sound and with standard battery setup to keep the price down.  I was wondering if I would ever want to get sound and possibly even flash on clash, how would I go about doing that?  I'm not too mechanically inclined and wouldn't trust myself to install the parts after I bought them, does Ultrasabers offer some kind of upgrade service?

-Kyle Clark

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 01:59:12 AM »

To the best of my knowledge they do.

You can send them an email at [email protected] and they will answer any questions about what can and cannot be done, cost, time it will take, etc.

Be aware that at this time of year, and especially with the new movie coming out, they are super busy, so it may take a little longer than normal to get a reply.

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

The6ftTallAZN
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 3

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2015, 02:02:36 AM »

That helps alot, my brother kept telling me that if I wanted to get a saber with I'd mmost likely have to order another one,
Thank You for the help

-Kyle Clark

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2015, 02:12:56 AM »

Hi and welcome to the Forum.  Did you go with a grab bag or chose a stunt saber ?  Depending upon the initial expense of your saber it may or may not be worthwhile to pay the costs of upgrading.  Here is the general way to do this.

1.  If you are thinking about a future saber upgrade with the Obsidian sound board in the v3 or v4 or an Emerald color driver, then it would have been best to get the saber initially with the Li-Ion battery setup and Buck Puck.  Saves money on having to redo the power setup.  Now with the new Lite version aside from changing the battery holder to one with a speaker, the conversion cost should be less than a total swap out.  I'm not entirely sure on this.

2.  You will be responsible for cost of shipping your saber both ways.  So if you have a lower end saber it likely will not make sense to do this.  Better off to leave the saber as a stunt and get a new one with the upgrades.  If you have a more expensive or a uniquely modified or customized saber, it may be worthwhile to you.

3.  You will need to contact Emory at [email protected] when you are wanting to do the upgrade.  Tell him exactly what you want in the saber and he will quote you a price.  Then decide if you are following through or not.   Smiley
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 02:18:01 AM by Dauntless Seven » Logged

KraytDragonPearl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 609

Light Side Points

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2015, 03:00:16 AM »

Welcome to the Forum

I don't think anyone mentioned this yet, but in order for a saber to be upgraded it must be a V3/V4 (especially if its a Aeon/Dominix/Initiate/Apprentice models).   Any of the premium hilts are able to be upgraded, but like it was mentioned, email Emory and he will give you details how to Upgrade your sabers. 

KDP

Own: Lost Gray, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Fulcrum, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Nickel-plated Guardian, (Emerald), Obsidian V3; Arbiter, Obsidian V3, GB; Archon V3 Tri-C FO Obsidian V4; Manticore, Obsidian V3, VA; Phantasm V4, BH; Dark Sentinel, BR; Dominix V2, RGB; Dark Initiate V2 x3 (BR, CG, GB); Initiate LE V2 x2, CG.

Want: Bellicose, Prophecy V3

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: