Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 526 527 [528] 529 530 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1282079 times)
Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #7905 on: March 12, 2020, 11:29:24 PM »

Since when does "wash your hands" translate to "buy 120 rolls of toilet paper at Costco"?  What do people think COVID-19 is going to do to their bowels?  I haven't seen this much panic buying in my area since hurricane Harvey...and we were 150 miles inland and weren't expected to get much rain or wind (we are always on the "weak side" of any hurricanes).  As Agent K said, "People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals".   

Many places are discussion mandatory quarantines...so people are stocking up on necessities

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #7906 on: March 13, 2020, 03:56:50 AM »

Many places are discussion mandatory quarantines...so people are stocking up on necessities

I would agree, except most of these people seem to only be after toilet paper, soap, and hand sanitizer... not buying canned goods or other foodstuffs, medicines, bottled water or other things I'd buy first if I was going to be quarantined.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -175

DS if I've earned a point.

« Reply #7907 on: March 13, 2020, 05:45:54 AM »

I would agree, except most of these people seem to only be after toilet paper, soap, and hand sanitizer... not buying canned goods or other foodstuffs, medicines, bottled water or other things I'd buy first if I was going to be quarantined.

Well, if the grocery store I went to tonight is any indication, people are in fact stocking up on canned "food" and other necessities. Oddly enough, pretty much all of the junk food and other generally less than ideally healthy food was gone, but there was a ton of the "organic" and other health foods left. Oh wait, I live in the U.S. Never mind, it's not that odd.

Give a person an answer to their question and they get your answer. Teach a person how to use the forum Search function, and they get everyone's answer.
---------------------------------------------------------------
"My battery is low and it's getting dark" ~Final message from the Mars Opportunity rover, after exceeding it's 90 day mission plan by 14+ years.

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #7908 on: March 13, 2020, 08:01:58 AM »

If it is of any help to make you feel less worse. I live in the Netherlands, things are getting a bit more serious here, went to the grocerystore this week and there were actually people who got angry because all the frozen pizza's were out of stock....

Is it wrong to think something in the line of Darwin's evolution theory?  Undecided

Anyway, headed my way to the fresh food department.

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #7909 on: March 13, 2020, 12:59:48 PM »

Organic Foods tend to be more expensive and not last as long as the bad for you stuff.  This is why you see more obesity and health problems with those in the lower income bracket.  So if you think you're going to be stuck in your house for 2-3 weeks are you gonna get something that won't keep or get frozen or canned "food" that can last years.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7910 on: March 13, 2020, 03:58:33 PM »

Since when does "wash your hands" translate to "buy 120 rolls of toilet paper at Costco"?  What do people think COVID-19 is going to do to their bowels?  I haven't seen this much panic buying in my area since hurricane Harvey...and we were 150 miles inland and weren't expected to get much rain or wind (we are always on the "weak side" of any hurricanes).  As Agent K said, "People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals".   
"And you know it."

I've noticed the crises are bad enough on their own, but then we have to deal with the stupidity of idiots on top of it. While they're at it, why don't they stockpile condoms as well to make sure they don't spread idiocy to another generation? Tha's good thinkin' right thar.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

darkferris
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -9

« Reply #7911 on: March 13, 2020, 05:21:35 PM »

"And you know it."

I've noticed the crises are bad enough on their own, but then we have to deal with the stupidity of idiots on top of it. While they're at it, why don't they stockpile condoms as well to make sure they don't spread idiocy to another generation? Tha's good thinkin' right thar.

Scariest movie I’ve ever watched is “Idiocracy.” 14 years old and it’s all becoming more and more true

Wish list : Bellicose (GB) & Dark Dorinian (Silver)
Got : dark sentinel V5 (Orange) dark initiate v5 (artic blue), Emperor’s Hand (Red), Graflex CE (SRD w/premium sound), Dominicide (PO w/Silver FOC & Premium sound.)
Wife : Sentinel LE V5 (yellow), Initiate LE V5 (Purple), Fallen Combat Ready (Green), Dark War Glaive (Bane’s Heart w/premium sound).

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7912 on: March 13, 2020, 05:56:57 PM »

Scariest movie I’ve ever watched is “Idiocracy.” 14 years old and it’s all becoming more and more true
Because idiots create an issue and then other idiots jump on board and try to convince others that if you don't agree with their idiot-ology you're a bad person.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Galef
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 209

Light side preferred, Dark side accepted

« Reply #7913 on: March 13, 2020, 06:01:17 PM »

So I had no idea this thread existed until it was pointed out in another.
Overall I'm pretty happy with the current sabers I have and they've kept me mostly entertained as I wait for my current order (which includes my first saber with sound).

However, I feel the need to vent about something, if only so I can put it here so I can get it off my chest and keep positivity in other threads:
WHY IS THE LEAD TIME STILL 3-4 WEEKS?!?!?!?
Seriously it hasn't been that short of a lead time since November. When I make a purchase, I'm willing to wait the expected time, maybe a week longer. But my current order is approaching 2 months.

And don't give me any of this "it's just an estimate" nonsense. It's more than an estimate, it's the expectation set when the order is placed.
When you go into a busy restaurant and they say the wait will be 30 minutes to an hour, that can sway your decision to eat there or go somewhere else.
When a product says it will take 3-4 weeks, that's how long it should take. If it will take longer, THAN SAY THAT ON THE SITE.

What bothers me the most is that US knows it's taking longer, but still haven't updated the lead time.
This has caused a ton of backlash (just take 60 seconds to read a few comments on their Facebook page) that I feel could have easily been minimized by setting the right EXPECTATION when ordering.
Most customers may not know their is a backlog and rely on the posted lead time as a basis for their purchase.

Ok now that I've gotten that rant out of the way, I can go back to being more positive elsewhere

-

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #7914 on: March 13, 2020, 07:44:09 PM »

To me the stockpiling isn't idiocy...its greed and self centeredness.  Like has been mentioned, places are still discussing mandatory quarantines for at least 14 days.  My company is even thinking about it.  Stocking up on necessities like toilet paper in the event you might be stuck in your house for 14 days isn't a bad idea.  BUT..... a family of 2 to 4 doesn't need Five jumbo packs of Charmin.  That's where the greed and self centeredness, imo, shows its self.  Get what you might need and leave some for others.  Here in Florida people only know how to prep for Hurricanes so they are treating it the same way.   Not to say there isn't stupidity there to.  Whole Aisles of Soap......still intact.   

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7915 on: March 13, 2020, 07:51:43 PM »

To me the stockpiling isn't idiocy...its greed and self centeredness.  Like has been mentioned, places are still discussing mandatory quarantines for at least 14 days.  My company is even thinking about it.  Stocking up on necessities like toilet paper in the event you might be stuck in your house for 14 days isn't a bad idea.  BUT..... a family of 2 to 4 doesn't need Five jumbo packs of Charmin.  That's where the greed and self centeredness, imo, shows its self.  Get what you might need and leave some for others.  Here in Florida people only know how to prep for Hurricanes so they are treating it the same way.   Not to say there isn't stupidity there to.  Whole Aisles of Soap......still intact.   
To me, greed and selfcenteredness in a time of crisis IS stupidity. Taking precautions is one thing, but making hoarding doesn't just make you an idiot, it makes you an asshole. <snickers> Maybe that's the reason for all the TP.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #7916 on: March 13, 2020, 08:47:08 PM »

To me, greed and selfcenteredness in a time of crisis IS stupidity. Taking precautions is one thing, but making hoarding doesn't just make you an idiot, it makes you an asshole. <snickers> Maybe that's the reason for all the TP.

Good One....

My vent.....  The Internal struggle in your head of "Let that person be, they aren't hurting anyone." VS "Call them an idiot, and imbecile and moron."

MANDALORIAN
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -22

#thisistheway

« Reply #7917 on: March 14, 2020, 03:59:06 AM »

I AM VENTING!!! Also , who still goes to their charter meetings for practices during a pandemic?? Am I wrong for taking risks?? PLEASE HELP ME DECIDE ITS TOMORROW!!!🤮

ULTRASABERS:

*CHOSEN ONE CE FOR THE WIFEY

*MENACE CE “ “

*INITIATE V4 “ “

*APPRENTICE V4 “ “

*GUARDIAN

*BATTLE SABER V3

*FLAMBERGE CE

*FRANKENSABER 2020 SCORPION/REAPER/DORINIAN/BROOD GUARD LE

Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 181

« Reply #7918 on: March 14, 2020, 04:32:32 AM »

The city/county finally declared a health emergency, all events have been canceled, my district canceled school for next week...for students only.  But, teachers still have to report to work.  No students to teach, but we still need to be there.  Their justification: students need to avoid large gatherings but teachers should meet together to plan.  Since all my events got canceled by the state, and I can't work on any "distance learning" for my subject (kind of hard to rehearse a band when the band can't meet), I have absolutely no reason to be there.  But, I've been summoned to waste time.

Household US Arsenal:
# = STUNT; % = OBSIDIAN LITE; ~ = OBSIDIAN V4; * = DIAMOND
Mine:
# Dark Apprentice LE v4: BR; # Dark Sentinel LE v4: TRI BR; # Dominix v3: PO; # Dorinian: TRI AB; # Frankensaber - BR; # Initiate v2: GB; # Liberator v3: TRI CG; % Archon 3.1: TRI CG; ~ Consular: TRI CG; ~ Dark Initiate LE v5: TRI FO; ~ Guardian: TRI GB; * Menace; * Monarch

Wife’s:
# Aeon V2: VA; # Dominix V2: BH; # Initiate V2: GB; # Prophecy v3: TRI GB; ~ Graflex SE: TRI GB; ~ Spectre: TRI GB; * Fulcrum; * Lost Grey

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #7919 on: March 14, 2020, 08:39:42 AM »

The city/county finally declared a health emergency, all events have been canceled, my district canceled school for next week...for students only.  But, teachers still have to report to work.  No students to teach, but we still need to be there.  Their justification: students need to avoid large gatherings but teachers should meet together to plan.  Since all my events got canceled by the state, and I can't work on any "distance learning" for my subject (kind of hard to rehearse a band when the band can't meet), I have absolutely no reason to be there.  But, I've been summoned to waste time.

Same here with gardening. I could give them a task to water the non-exosting plants they have at home though.....  Cheesy

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

Pages: 1 ... 526 527 [528] 529 530 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: