Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1293585 times)
B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #270 on: March 28, 2013, 05:11:27 PM »

Still having a "meh" week and not wanting to go to work...  If I had another job lined up, I'd have already quit...

ditto! I've just finished uni, got my degree, want a job in the career I've been training for. But so far all my job searches have found are jobs requiring '5 to 10 years experience in the area'- and environmental science is a very broad area, with many specialty areas! And the companies who's graduate programs I want to apply for don't open applications until august/september
 On top of that I'm sick of working in my retail job, as I've had enough of the store being run badly, and enough of the customers- 'where can I find such and such?''its down so and so aisle, halfway down on your right' 'well can't you show me it?!' *I'm on front counter and there's another 3customers lined up behind them* or *I'm looking busy, customer approaches 'i need engine oil for my car what one do I need?' *customer is standing right next to the engine oil guide book which is very obviously there on the shelf* 'ok for what car?' 'a ford' 'what model?' 'ford sedan' 'yes but what model and year sedan is it' 'i don't know, does it matter i just want engine oil!'. Or the best one was yesterday a guy told me 'id thrown a spanner in the works for him coz I couldn't tell him what steering fluid he needed for his mercruiser boat- we are a car parts and accessories store. Or last week one set of lights in the store stopped working and we were waiting for the electrcian, and a customer accused us of trying to save money by turning of lights and that all it did was lose us a sale coz he wouldn't buy from us as a result. And he wouldn't listen to me when I said we had an electrical fault and were waiting for the electrician.
wow big rant! End rant!

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #271 on: March 29, 2013, 01:28:15 AM »

tomorrow is my last day of physical therapy (hopefully for good) then after April 5th (last doctor's appointment) I can put my whole knee surgery and recovery behind me.  Thing is, I'm creeping closer and closer to 40 (turned 38 earlier this month) and I'm doing the same job I was doing when I was 18.  Granted, I came and went from the company several times, but I never burned the bridge so I always had it to fall back on.  I'm realizing I don't want to be a 40 year old pool boy.  The pay sucks, the hours are long, the benefits are minimal, and no one appreciates what you actually do for them.  Ok, I don't clean the pools, I do the actual repairs, and mainly the last couple of years have been exclusively hot tubs for me, but I'm getting tired of barely making ends meet each month.  I want to retire eventually, and I've got nothing put away for it.  Unfortunately the economy is still in the toilet, so places I want to work, that I keep sending in my resumes to, keep telling me "I'm overqualified for the position."  or "I'm not valuing myself highly enough."  Honestly, I think I'm a better judge of my qualifications than they are, they have a job opening, obviously I meet and exceed their requirements for that position, what makes them knowledgeable about how I feel about doing the job, I mean, obviously I'm interested in it, I applied for it didn't I?

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

BenPass
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« Reply #272 on: March 29, 2013, 02:56:24 AM »

JES, try this:

Dear sir or madam,

Thank you for your letter of March xx. After careful consideration, I regret to inform you that I am unable to accept your refusal to offer me a position with your company.

This year I have been particularly fortunate in receiving an unusually large number of rejection letters. With such a varied and promising field of candidates, it is impossible for me to accept all refusals.

Despite your outstanding qualifications and previous experience in rejecting applicants, I find that your rejection does not meet my needs at this time. Therefore, I will assume the applied for position in your company this coming month. I look forward to seeing you then.

Best of luck in rejecting future applicants.

Sincerely,

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

Saint
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 211

"Do unto others BEFORE they do unto you..."

« Reply #273 on: March 29, 2013, 03:01:10 AM »

LMAO!  Ben, that is awesome.  May I use that?   Grin

Obsidians in order of acquisition...
Graflex CE;  Guardian;  Dark Monarch Staff;  Consu-Lord CE;  Malice #1;  Archon;  Dark Arbiter;  Overlord;  Graflex SE;  Malice#2;  Shock LE;  Dark Liberator;  Dark Catalyst; Prophecy;  Scorpion

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #274 on: March 29, 2013, 03:06:59 AM »

Point for you Ben, that made me smile!

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

BenPass
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« Reply #275 on: March 29, 2013, 03:08:45 AM »

Anyone can use it if they'd like. It wasn't mine originally, but I changed it to be more...generalized. Originally, it was sent by someone applying to be an assistant professor to a university. Glad it brought a smile to faces though!

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #276 on: March 29, 2013, 04:02:22 AM »

Haha that's funny! Made me giggle!
fortunately in Australia our economy is doing pretty well. Things are getting more expensive, but new climate change policies, increase amount of fly in fly out workers in the mining industry having more money, and I'm sure a myriad of other reasons are responsible (lets face it, prices always tend to rise over time). I only work part time (I think if I worked full time here I'd go insane!), my other half works full time and we can support ourselves quite nicely while paying off a car loan and credit cards. The amount of rent we pay sucks, but the rental industry is like that everywhere here.

hope a company accepts your application soon! Rejected coz 'overqualified'. Pfft! I know id prefer someone overqualified to someone under qualified!

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

jonesy360
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 67

Addicted to ULTRASABERS

« Reply #277 on: March 29, 2013, 04:06:18 AM »

Lockups and clashes drive me to drink, dude... fortunately for me, I'm a homebrewer!  Grin
thats gold Grin

Bellicose,fo,sfoc,os,rav
Scorpion,br,sfoc,os,rav
Graflex ce,br,sfoc,obsoundrav
Reaper,cg,sfoc,obsoundbav
Aeon v3,gbstunt
Shock le,RGBsfoc,obsoundyav
Guardian,dva,bhfoc,obsoundgav
RavenSSRGBsfoc,obsoundsav
ArchonV2.1gb,bhfoc,obsoundsav jedi
ArchonV2.1as,sfoc,obsoundsav sith

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #278 on: March 29, 2013, 06:12:55 AM »

ditto! I've just finished uni, got my degree, want a job in the career I've been training for. But so far all my job searches have found are jobs requiring '5 to 10 years experience in the area'- and environmental science is a very broad area, with many specialty areas! And the companies who's graduate programs I want to apply for don't open applications until august/september
 On top of that I'm sick of working in my retail job, as I've had enough of the store being run badly, and enough of the customers- 'where can I find such and such?''its down so and so aisle, halfway down on your right' 'well can't you show me it?!' *I'm on front counter and there's another 3customers lined up behind them* or *I'm looking busy, customer approaches 'i need engine oil for my car what one do I need?' *customer is standing right next to the engine oil guide book which is very obviously there on the shelf* 'ok for what car?' 'a ford' 'what model?' 'ford sedan' 'yes but what model and year sedan is it' 'i don't know, does it matter i just want engine oil!'. Or the best one was yesterday a guy told me 'id thrown a spanner in the works for him coz I couldn't tell him what steering fluid he needed for his mercruiser boat- we are a car parts and accessories store. Or last week one set of lights in the store stopped working and we were waiting for the electrcian, and a customer accused us of trying to save money by turning of lights and that all it did was lose us a sale coz he wouldn't buy from us as a result. And he wouldn't listen to me when I said we had an electrical fault and were waiting for the electrician.
wow big rant! End rant!

Sounds a lot like where I work......

tomorrow is my last day of physical therapy (hopefully for good) then after April 5th (last doctor's appointment) I can put my whole knee surgery and recovery behind me.  Thing is, I'm creeping closer and closer to 40 (turned 38 earlier this month) and I'm doing the same job I was doing when I was 18.  Granted, I came and went from the company several times, but I never burned the bridge so I always had it to fall back on.  I'm realizing I don't want to be a 40 year old pool boy.  The pay sucks, the hours are long, the benefits are minimal, and no one appreciates what you actually do for them.  Ok, I don't clean the pools, I do the actual repairs, and mainly the last couple of years have been exclusively hot tubs for me, but I'm getting tired of barely making ends meet each month.  I want to retire eventually, and I've got nothing put away for it.  Unfortunately the economy is still in the toilet, so places I want to work, that I keep sending in my resumes to, keep telling me "I'm overqualified for the position."  or "I'm not valuing myself highly enough."  Honestly, I think I'm a better judge of my qualifications than they are, they have a job opening, obviously I meet and exceed their requirements for that position, what makes them knowledgeable about how I feel about doing the job, I mean, obviously I'm interested in it, I applied for it didn't I?

I'm pretty much having the same problem. Everyone keeps telling me "you're in your mid-20's now, you need to start putting a little away for retirement." The problem is, I don't have anything to put away. Everything I get to save is saved for when the company cuts my hours from decent to practically nothing, and I have to live off it(news flash, even if I still live at home an 85$ paycheck(after you cut my hours to practically nothing) isn't enough to live off of.)

And diddo on the applying for jobs/resume thing.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Severus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -141

« Reply #279 on: March 31, 2013, 06:16:45 AM »

wow big rant! End rant!

Sounds like my first decade after college, ended up taking a paycut to leave retail, but it has been so worth it, it helps that I moved to a company with advancement oppertunities and the abiltiy to vastley increase my salary even if I don't get promoted. But man those years in retail were tough, especialy working for a dying company, when you and most employees even the high school kids could easily identify the problems that company execs said weren't there.

It is not the side of the force we chose, but our actions that define us.
Dark Liberator-AS
Phantasm Staff -DVA

Slaxxor
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 36

« Reply #280 on: March 31, 2013, 12:07:13 PM »

Oh, you think you have it bad? Come to Oregon. We deal with this crap all year round Grin

Oregon rocks.

Got to almost 80 here yesterday.

Saint
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 211

"Do unto others BEFORE they do unto you..."

« Reply #281 on: March 31, 2013, 03:01:09 PM »

Over 25 cm (10 in) of snow here in the last few days.  Got the motorcycle blues...  Sad Cry

Obsidians in order of acquisition...
Graflex CE;  Guardian;  Dark Monarch Staff;  Consu-Lord CE;  Malice #1;  Archon;  Dark Arbiter;  Overlord;  Graflex SE;  Malice#2;  Shock LE;  Dark Liberator;  Dark Catalyst; Prophecy;  Scorpion

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #282 on: March 31, 2013, 07:26:34 PM »

Oregon rocks.

*high five* Grin

Yep, and I'm loving this warm weather. It puts me in a good mood. It's also a bit uncomfortable, though, since I'm so used to the coldness, but oh well. I'll get used to it.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #283 on: March 31, 2013, 09:13:24 PM »

Oregon rocks.

(Sorry, had to. Tongue)

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

RogueLeader
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 162

Apathy is death?...meh, I don't care

« Reply #284 on: April 03, 2013, 08:10:17 PM »

This may seem like an incredibly shallow rant, but I have to let it out somehow. So I have 2 dresses I'm considering for prom; one is at home and the other is at a store with a no return policy. My mother will not let me take the dress at home to the store for some odd reason so I have no way of seeing what they look like back-to-back under the same lighting. Thanks, Mom.

I have a Sith's opinion of the Jedi and a Jedi's opinion of the Sith.

Light side points pl

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: