Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1292663 times)
Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #900 on: May 05, 2014, 06:30:15 PM »

Do you need the walking stick for a disability or other medical reasons? If so, then they can't do that. Even in an "At Will" state(PA is also one, I believe), that's still discrimination.

It was a "I don't want someone breaking into my car for a 3rd time in 2 years" reason.  I was called in that night from teaching so I didn't even have time to change out of my uniform.  My problem is that I have seen patients and family of patients walking the facility with 9mm strapped to their hips (we are an open carry state) while walking past a sign that clearly reads "No weapons beyond this point."  They were not equally enforcing the policy from my standpoint but still, if they think of it as a weapon, they can call it a weapon. 

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #901 on: May 16, 2014, 03:43:35 AM »

So, Sunday I bought a "new to me" used car...  It needed some work, so I've been doing little things to make it run.  (battery, plugs, wires.)  Told the office where I live that I had it, that it didn't have plates, and I was working on it.  Finally got it running real well today, so took the bill of sale, the title, the insurance, etc. and went to get it inspected.  Of course it didn't pass inspection (I kinda planned on that, since it hadn't run in 18 months) but it's going to take more than I have to get it completely roadworthy.  Turns out it needs 4 new tires, while the tread looks ok, between the tread the tires are splitting apart and belt is showing through.  So I got it home and am working on getting the $300 together to cover the repairs.  I went to school tonight, came home and there's a parking violation attached to the car, stating it will be towed tomorrow at 5pm for being parked for an excessive amount of time with no plates.

It's been 4 days!!!  I've got neighbors living here that are running around on two year old expired out of state tags, and they never have a damn thing said to them.  I park a car for 4 days, and I told the office first thing Monday what was up with the car, and they start threatening to tow it.  The rules state we have 10 days, the office told me I had fourteen (basically 10 business days) and they ticketed it after 4 FRACKING DAYS!!!

yeah, I'm a little pi$$ed.

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #902 on: May 16, 2014, 04:11:22 AM »

Understandable.

My vent- why do materials have to be so hard to track down and cost so much in Oz?! So annoying  Angry

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

ed_ification
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -385

Darth Cronfios

« Reply #903 on: May 16, 2014, 04:16:03 AM »

So, Sunday I bought a "new to me" used car...  It needed some work, so I've been doing little things to make it run.  (battery, plugs, wires.)  Told the office where I live that I had it, that it didn't have plates, and I was working on it.  Finally got it running real well today, so took the bill of sale, the title, the insurance, etc. and went to get it inspected.  Of course it didn't pass inspection (I kinda planned on that, since it hadn't run in 18 months) but it's going to take more than I have to get it completely roadworthy.  Turns out it needs 4 new tires, while the tread looks ok, between the tread the tires are splitting apart and belt is showing through.  So I got it home and am working on getting the $300 together to cover the repairs.  I went to school tonight, came home and there's a parking violation attached to the car, stating it will be towed tomorrow at 5pm for being parked for an excessive amount of time with no plates.

It's been 4 days!!!  I've got neighbors living here that are running around on two year old expired out of state tags, and they never have a damn thing said to them.  I park a car for 4 days, and I told the office first thing Monday what was up with the car, and they start threatening to tow it.  The rules state we have 10 days, the office told me I had fourteen (basically 10 business days) and they ticketed it after 4 FRACKING DAYS!!!

yeah, I'm a little pi$$ed.

JES, if you have a spare tarp that can cover the car, technically it is then out of public view, and your neighbors cannot say squat.

Sabers:
MR Vader - ANH
MR Vader - ESB
Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red - "Belligerence"
Standard Issue Grab Bag - Guardian Blue - "Bastion"
2 Shock LEs - Violet - "Perseverance" and "Integrity"
Archon - "Insight"
Dark Initiate - "Harbinger"

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #904 on: May 18, 2014, 04:06:09 AM »

I tried bleaching my hair, cause, I wanted something different and I felt like it. Now I have orange hair. So I basically have to dye it back to it's original, boring old color. Or look like an orange. I don't know WHY I'm so disappointed by this.....
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 04:20:07 AM by ThreadJack » Logged

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #905 on: May 18, 2014, 05:43:37 AM »

I tried bleaching my hair, cause, I wanted something different and I felt like it. Now I have orange hair. So I basically have to dye it back to it's original, boring old color. Or look like an orange. I don't know WHY I'm so disappointed by this.....

Did that years ago (back in high school).

I opted to shave my head bald. My girlfriend at the time was less than thrilled...

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #906 on: May 18, 2014, 02:49:17 PM »

Did that years ago (back in high school).

I opted to shave my head bald. My girlfriend at the time was less than thrilled...

Ha! Yeah I'm trying to avoid shaving. It actually looks A LOT less orange this morning.....

(Sig by me!)

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #907 on: May 18, 2014, 03:05:41 PM »

Ha! Yeah I'm trying to avoid shaving. It actually looks A LOT less orange this morning.....

That's because you've gotten a little used to it.

It's summertime. The sun will actually turn it more orange.

Dye away, my friend, before you can singlehandedly flag down a C-130 cruising at 15,000 feet.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #908 on: May 18, 2014, 03:50:29 PM »

That's because you've gotten a little used to it.

It's summertime. The sun will actually turn it more orange.

Dye away, my friend, before you can singlehandedly flag down a C-130 cruising at 15,000 feet.

But, that means I have to go out in public to get hair dye..... I guess I'm wearing a beanie. Too bad there's no way to get it the rest of the way blond. I was going for that Green Day 90's Punk look..... lol

(Sig by me!)

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #909 on: May 18, 2014, 03:58:19 PM »

But, that means I have to go out in public to get hair dye..... I guess I'm wearing a beanie. Too bad there's no way to get it the rest of the way blond. I was going for that Green Day 90's Punk look..... lol

Actually, there is a way to get it completely blonde... just go to a hair salon and pay the professionals to do it.

Unfortunately, you'll be spending a LOT of money to do that.

JEStucker
Knight Commander

« Reply #910 on: May 18, 2014, 04:13:04 PM »

Update, car issues are all taken care of... unfortunately it cost me more than I was ready to spend (being broke sucks) but thankfully my parents came through in a pinch (retiree's on a fixed income) and floated me a small loan to get everything done.

Dominix v2 Fire Orange

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #911 on: May 18, 2014, 04:50:13 PM »

Actually, there is a way to get it completely blonde... just go to a hair salon and pay the professionals to do it.

Ha ha, yeah. I think I'll just spend the $10 on a box of Just For Men.

(Sig by me!)

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #912 on: May 18, 2014, 06:21:56 PM »

and damage your hair, bleaching is bad for it mkay?

JEStucker glad things are getting sorted, in a fashion. Cars suck like that huh?

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

JEStucker
Knight Commander

« Reply #913 on: May 18, 2014, 06:44:42 PM »

JEStucker glad things are getting sorted, in a fashion. Cars suck like that huh?

Oh yeah... but hey, I paid $150 for it... if tires are the most expensive thing I have to do to it, I'm already ahead.  1997 Mercury Grand Marquis LS.  I can get from 20-27 MPG out of the 4.6L V8 that's in it.  It's got some mileage on it, a few cosmetic issues, but it's a runner.  The cosmetic damage is easy to fix over time, parts are plentiful, since it shares all the same body components as the Crown Victoria/LTD... basically all the city, state, federal fleet cars are identical.  In fact, the same body has been essentially used from 1992 until 2011 when Ford discontinued the car.  There's been some minor styling changes with the front and rear end, but everything else is pretty much interchangeable.

Of course, my other option is the one I really like.  I may keep the dents and dings and create a total sleeper out of it.  Redo the exhaust, pull the engine and do a rebuild (somewhere down the road) with police/mustang parts...

Dominix v2 Fire Orange

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #914 on: May 18, 2014, 10:45:22 PM »

Tried the hair dye..... I'm still a ginger.

(Sig by me!)

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: