Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1304200 times)
Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #2085 on: April 15, 2016, 03:06:20 PM »

Wow.  I'd run for the hills.  The guy could be harmless--but I wouldn't take chances.

Personally, I would as well.  Even if the guy is harmless, I've learned my lesson about people like this, no matter well-meaning they are.  Danger, Will Robinson!  ABORT, ABORT!

Subtlety has its merits.

This guy is about as subtle as hammer to crystal at 4am with Metallica blaring in the background. 

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2772

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2086 on: April 15, 2016, 03:37:35 PM »

Yeah, I've been a little "over the top" about someone before Roll Eyes but even with that, this clown sets off my creep alert.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #2087 on: April 15, 2016, 05:01:45 PM »

Yeah, I've been a little "over the top" about someone before Roll Eyes but even with that, this clown sets off my creep alert.

I think we've all had our moments of being overly enthusiastic, but being copied is probably my biggest pet peeve ever.  It's just something I've never understood.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2088 on: April 15, 2016, 05:13:39 PM »

I think we've all had our moments of being overly enthusiastic, but being copied is probably my biggest pet peeve ever.  It's just something I've never understood.

I think sharing someone's interests, even enthusiastically, should be brought on steadily. Not all at once. Because I want to become you.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #2089 on: April 15, 2016, 06:20:48 PM »

I have enough trouble being myself.  Trying to be other people is just too much work.  Unless you need to impersonate them to get into a secure area to get the secrets.  Then it's ok.  Or if it involves wombats.  That's ok too.

My vent for the moment is when someone asks a question and the answer that immediately comes to mind is "I hope not" but you cannot actually say it.  Societal rules of politeness are stupid. 
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 06:25:31 PM by Vivectius » Logged

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2090 on: April 15, 2016, 06:23:19 PM »

I have enough trouble being myself.  Trying to be other people is just too much work.  Unless you need to impersonate them to get into a secure area to get the secrets.  Then it's ok.  Or if it involves wombats.  That's ok too.

I think the major problem stems from a lack of identity. They think that by assuming the like/dislikes of another person that they will feel better about themselves. It's been said, and I'll say it again "No one will love you until you can learn to love yourself."

Sig by For Tyeth

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #2091 on: April 15, 2016, 06:30:33 PM »

Yes.  And there is a huge difference between giving something someone else likes a try, and completely submerging themselves into every single thing the other person does/likes/thinks/believes.

I don't know,  I guess you cannot lose yourself in something if you don't have a self to lose.

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #2092 on: April 15, 2016, 06:42:01 PM »

My vent for the moment is when someone asks a question and the answer that immediately comes to mind is "I hope not" but you cannot actually say it.  Societal rules of politeness are stupid. 

Or when the response is something like, "I would rather gargle with salt water and razor blades." 

I think the major problem stems from a lack of identity. They think that by assuming the like/dislikes of another person that they will feel better about themselves. It's been said, and I'll say it again "No one will love you until you can learn to love yourself."

RuPaul said it best: "If you can't love yourself, how the hell you gonna love somebody else?"  YOU'D BETTER WORK IT, GIRL.

Yes.  And there is a huge difference between giving something someone else likes a try, and completely submerging themselves into every single thing the other person does/likes/thinks/believes.

I don't know,  I guess you cannot lose yourself in something if you don't have a self to lose.

Very true.  To me, it's a very invasive feeling, someone wanting to do every single thing I do and wanting to not only do those things, but accompany me while I do them.

Noooo, get out. 

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #2093 on: April 15, 2016, 08:22:15 PM »

Societal rules of politeness are stupid. 

^ This.  I've told my friends several times that the main reason I would love to win a big lottery isn't because of the material things I could buy.  It would be because I would have the financial freedom to speak my mind and say whatever I want and never have to worry about consequences. I could tell who ever annoyed me that they were a moron and what they could do with themselves. I would LOVE to just be able to honestly say what's on my mind to people that....perturb me.

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #2094 on: April 15, 2016, 08:25:02 PM »

Very true.  To me, it's a very invasive feeling, someone wanting to do every single thing I do and wanting to not only do those things, but accompany me while I do them.

Noooo, get out. 

That would drive me crazy, I have to have "me" time.  I need time to myself. I'm not saying I only want to see them one or twice a week or something, but I couldn't be with someone that had to be around me all the time.

Connah
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 91

Light, Dark, both extremes annoy me

« Reply #2095 on: April 15, 2016, 10:39:17 PM »

well I can honestly say I have never seen someone attack another person with a level of aggression that could be described as attempted murder......oh wait I work in the care industry, never mind

yeah today was rough, I was desperately trying the help a staff member, but at the same time trying to do so in a way that wouldn't get me fired. I also at one point was faced with the choice of, let their face get bitten or put my arm in the chopping zone

"there's no such thing as overkill. It's just making sure"

Dominix V4 VA with sound
Scorpion R+B Emerald with sound

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #2096 on: April 15, 2016, 11:19:16 PM »

Wow, sounds like someone must have been absolutely out of their mind.  I hope no one was hurt!

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

BurceChuat
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 196

From my point of view, I have the high ground!

« Reply #2097 on: April 15, 2016, 11:49:22 PM »

^ This.  I've told my friends several times that the main reason I would love to win a big lottery isn't because of the material things I could buy.  It would be because I would have the financial freedom to speak my mind and say whatever I want and never have to worry about consequences. I could tell who ever annoyed me that they were a moron and what they could do with themselves. I would LOVE to just be able to honestly say what's on my mind to people that....perturb me.

The main reason why I'd love to win a lottery is so I wouldn't have to do home improvement ever again. It's so tedious and time consuming, and that coupled with me getting easily frustrated is a bad mix.

That being said, being able to buy most anything I wanted + never having to do actual work again would also be nice. I'd love to be a rich, lazy, good-for-nothing hedonist.

"Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody's gonna die."

Owned: Sentinel LE, TRI GB, V4 sound

Siblings':
Standard Issue, AS
Dark Apprentice, HP

Wishlist: Catalyst, Guardian, Manticore, Prophecy V3

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #2098 on: April 16, 2016, 12:16:22 AM »

Heh...that made me think of this commercial, considering what sort of trouble you could cause if you were distracted or ticked off... Wink

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cI4LtoJu160" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cI4LtoJu160</a>

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #2099 on: April 16, 2016, 12:18:53 AM »

Heh...that made me think of this commercial, considering what sort of trouble you could cause if you were distracted or ticked off... Wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cI4LtoJu160

Point. Because Mayhem.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: