Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1293157 times)
Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #2835 on: June 24, 2016, 10:26:43 PM »

What's that supposed to mean?!?!?

Okay, that got me to laugh.

+1

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #2836 on: June 24, 2016, 10:52:28 PM »

Can we just talk about Yes for a minute?  "Roundabout" is just . . . lol.
Is that a good or bad thing?

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #2837 on: June 25, 2016, 12:47:08 AM »

It's about driving in Scotland.  

*GASP* NO WAY.   Wink

The point is that people assign GREAT meaning to the lyrics and it's literally about driving, just like people trying to assign great meaning to Nirvana songs.  People are funny.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #2838 on: June 25, 2016, 03:17:12 AM »

Do warehouses realize that retail locations don't have an enormous back room the size of a warehouse itself? Why send so much product that can't even go out on the shelf because it's waiting for a reset that's 3 weeks away? WE DON'T HAVE ROOM FOR IT!!!!!!

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #2839 on: June 25, 2016, 03:19:19 AM »

LOL!  I only laugh because I've been there.  Cheesy

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #2840 on: June 25, 2016, 03:27:25 AM »

That reminds me of how customers always ask if an associate can "check in the back" for something.  Look, dammit.  I know what's back there.  If I tell you we don't have it?  WE DO NOT HAVE IT.  There's no magic backroom full of treasured items that we hide from customers.   Roll Eyes

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #2841 on: June 25, 2016, 03:32:39 AM »

That reminds me of how customers always ask if an associate can "check in the back" for something.  Look, dammit.  I know what's back there.  If I tell you we don't have it?  WE DO NOT HAVE IT.  There's no magic backroom full of treasured items that we hide from customers.   Roll Eyes

Eh,  I always check.  It makes the customer happy and verifies my memory isn't complete crap Tongue 

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #2842 on: June 25, 2016, 03:53:01 AM »

They aren't asking you to check, they're asking you to take a 5 minute break and then come back and tell them the exact same thing you already told them.

*GASP* NO WAY.   Wink

The point is that people assign GREAT meaning to the lyrics and it's literally about driving, just like people trying to assign great meaning to Nirvana songs.  People are funny.

Seriously?  Maybe it's just because I know what a roundabout is (for those who don't know, it's a larger version of a traffic circle).

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #2843 on: June 25, 2016, 03:56:46 AM »

They aren't asking you to check, they're asking you to take a 5 minute break and then come back and tell them the exact same thing you already told them.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who did that when working retail...

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #2844 on: June 25, 2016, 04:26:03 AM »

Seriously?  Maybe it's just because I know what a roundabout is (for those who don't know, it's a larger version of a traffic circle).

I was being sarcastic, hence the gasping and the Wink .   And we have roundabouts here!  I am also Scottish.  You think I don't know obscure and dumb trivia about things from my heritage?  Jeez, give me some freakin' credit, man.

The thing about "the back room tactic" is that half the time, it's actually a shoplifting rouse.  They ask you to check so you walk off the floor . . . and they steal something.  Your shrink goes up.  Your hours go down and so does your pay.  Not to mention if you're in a certain zone in some stores, you are literally not allowed to leave, so you have to bother someone else to do it.  It's never been a simple break for me or I would have been offering to check the back constantly.   Cheesy

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #2845 on: June 25, 2016, 04:28:40 AM »

I was being sarcastic, hence the gasping and the Wink .   And we have roundabouts here!  I am also (mostly) Scottish.  You think I don't know obscure and dumb trivia about things from my heritage?  Jeez, give me some freakin' credit, man.

The thing about "the back room tactic" is that half the time, it's actually a shoplifting rouse.  They ask you to check so you walk off the floor . . . and they steal something.  Your shrink goes up.  Your hours go down and so does your pay.  Not to mention if you're in a certain zone in some stores, you are literally not allowed to leave, so you have to bother someone else to do it.  It's never been a simple break for me or I would have been offering to check the back constantly.   Cheesy

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #2846 on: June 26, 2016, 12:33:15 AM »

I was being sarcastic, hence the gasping and the Wink .   And we have roundabouts here!  I am also Scottish.  You think I don't know obscure and dumb trivia about things from my heritage?  Jeez, give me some freakin' credit, man.

The thing about "the back room tactic" is that half the time, it's actually a shoplifting rouse.  They ask you to check so you walk off the floor . . . and they steal something.  Your shrink goes up.  Your hours go down and so does your pay.  Not to mention if you're in a certain zone in some stores, you are literally not allowed to leave, so you have to bother someone else to do it.  It's never been a simple break for me or I would have been offering to check the back constantly.   Cheesy

The seriously question was in regards to people not realizing it was just about driving and trying to find deeper meaning, not your "Gasp no way."  I'm to the point where I generally trust that you know what you're talking about on a given subject.

Hmmm, I can only say that I haven't worked in the same kind of retail stores you have.

Are we supposed to notice that you then posted a quote of yourself or is it just one of those things that happens?

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #2847 on: June 26, 2016, 01:09:36 AM »

The seriously question was in regards to people not realizing it was just about driving and trying to find deeper meaning, not your "Gasp no way."  I'm to the point where I generally trust that you know what you're talking about on a given subject.

Hmmm, I can only say that I haven't worked in the same kind of retail stores you have.

Are we supposed to notice that you then posted a quote of yourself or is it just one of those things that happens?

Sorry I misread you.

And about the quote, I have no idea why that happened!  I've seen it happen to others, so I'm assuming it's some kind of glitch or something.  I'm not important enough for me to quote myself. Wink

I've worked in various retails environments and man, they REALLY do not like you to go the back unless you know there's a chance the product might be there.  If I could have gotten away just to waste time, I absolutely would have done so. 

Also, the vent for today is that my neighbor has this new friend with a VERY loud Mustang.  We're talking window-rattling loud.  And it's not even a nice Mustang.   Tongue  Roll Eyes

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #2848 on: June 26, 2016, 04:59:24 AM »

Ugh.  I had a maintenance shed directly outside my apartment once and this guy with a horrible dual-exhaust pickup truck that used to gun his engines under my window every weekday morning at 7 am repeatedly when he would go get stuff from the shed.  It was TORTURE.  I feel for you, Noctis.

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #2849 on: June 26, 2016, 05:03:55 AM »

I let my dog piss on his tires a few minutes ago.  He parks in the street, so it's fair game, buddy.

Thankfully, he doesn't live there, so it's not like I have to hear it all day long, but damn, I should NOT be able to hear your car 7 streets over.

Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: