Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1293252 times)
Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #3285 on: August 04, 2016, 12:52:17 PM »

I'm not...it's actually an empirically tested tactic.  It has to do with the scientific research on fevers.  Research is showing that a fever below 102 or 103, depending on what site you look at, is therapeutic and helps you kick the infection faster.  If it hits that point (starting to get close now), I'll take something.  By that point the Tylenol probably won't bring it all the way back down to normal, so some will still be left to do its work.
Ok. Great info. I hate to see my kids suffer, especially at night, when they get fevers. My older son had walking pneumonia for a month, with constant fevers when he was 5. They were always at 103. Scary times.
There's some doctors who just are Stifler's about not "drugging up" the kids. As an adult, if you can tolerate a fever, and its better to help fight whatever it is, sure cuz you're responsible enough to know when you're just at that point. But my kids at least, I seen where the medicine came too late and the fever just would not come down

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #3286 on: August 04, 2016, 03:07:57 PM »

So I went to get it looked at because the fever did not break overnight.  Ended up with antibiotics (probably to prevent a secondary infection, and they aren't clearing me to go back to work until Monday.  I guess they don't want me infecting the rest of the office!!!

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #3287 on: August 04, 2016, 09:29:57 PM »

So I went to get it looked at because the fever did not break overnight.  Ended up with antibiotics (probably to prevent a secondary infection, and they aren't clearing me to go back to work until Monday.  I guess they don't want me infecting the rest of the office!!!

Well good. You got a diagnosis and a treatment. take advantage, get some rest and you should be good in a few days

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #3288 on: August 07, 2016, 02:47:44 AM »

What irks me is when people don't realize humans can care about many different things big or small.  I hate when I am in a movie discussion thread and inevitably someone pops in with "geez there are bigger things to worry about going on right now.."  as if it is impossible for a person to not be single minded.  Just because I don't discuss political or sociological issue in a MOVIE discussion doesn't mean I ignore them.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #3289 on: August 07, 2016, 05:55:14 AM »

What irks me is when people don't realize humans can care about many different things big or small.  I hate when I am in a movie discussion thread and inevitably someone pops in with "geez there are bigger things to worry about going on right now.."  as if it is impossible for a person to not be single minded.  Just because I don't discuss political or sociological issue in a MOVIE discussion doesn't mean I ignore them.

There are big things going on, geez!! I mean, who invented liquid soap?..and why?? Great mysteries, like our next president: will they change the paint on the walls of the oval office? Change the personal chef? Change the sheets every week? Change their  FB status, or their IG photo? Does anybody know what the hell is Goofy??

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #3290 on: August 07, 2016, 01:27:48 PM »

In playing Scrabble against my mother (English major), I played the word "WARPATHS" on a double word square.  Still lost.   Angry

In fact, I've yet to ever in my life defeat her.

Perhaps this year her mind will fail just enough...lol

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #3291 on: August 07, 2016, 02:01:02 PM »

In playing Scrabble against my mother (English major), I played the word "WARPATHS" on a double word square.  Still lost.   Angry

In fact, I've yet to ever in my life defeat her.

Perhaps this year her mind will fail just enough...lol

I've played "wooshed" as the opening word for a game and "gizzard" before. My family is cutthroat with that game.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1559

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #3292 on: August 07, 2016, 02:11:21 PM »

Hello Everyone,

Believe me it is worse if you win as I found out at a family games night. I won the game of Scrabble and one relative took umbrage (good Scrabble word that!) and launched the board and it's contents in my direction. I had to avoid a shower of dozens of tiny plastic projectiles, tile racks and the board itself. She's never played against me since or forgiven me for winning!

kind regards,

For Tyeth

P.S. If you get these letters T,X,Y and Z you could try for the word zyxt, a long-obsolete Kentish spelling of second person singular present tense of see! Depends on the dictionary you are using!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #3293 on: August 07, 2016, 02:27:34 PM »

There are big things going on, geez!! I mean, who invented liquid soap?..and why?? Great mysteries, like our next president: will they change the paint on the walls of the oval office? Change the personal chef? Change the sheets every week? Change their  FB status, or their IG photo? Does anybody know what the hell is Goofy??

Goofy is a dog

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #3294 on: August 07, 2016, 03:30:33 PM »

Goofy is a dog

It was an homage to Stand by Me, not a real question

https://youtu.be/z2zvZdcJCSQ

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2030

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #3295 on: August 07, 2016, 07:29:13 PM »

Well my first ever saber decided to take a dump on me today u.u It was my first silver Liberator in Consular Green. Now to get another one. I'm just kinda bummed out on that one x.x I can always salvage the electronics though like I did with my blue Liberator Tongue For a custom project though I'll just have to get a metal housing/heatsink system but now I have a blue and green led waiting to being used again so. I more prefer the V3 Liberator anyway since having my Dark Liberator V3, I like the extra thickness and that inner extra space for the blade they didn't have before. Also its a very fine saber Tongue (Am I right though?)

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #3296 on: August 07, 2016, 07:39:52 PM »

Sorry that happened. Sad  How long had you had it?

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2030

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #3297 on: August 07, 2016, 09:04:47 PM »

Since like 2010 and it was my first ever Ultra Saber/real dueling saber too D: Was gonna use it at a next Rebel legion meet as well but oh well

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Benji
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 163

« Reply #3298 on: August 07, 2016, 10:06:18 PM »

For some reason there's this Science jerk on YouTube who has this video about why a lightsaber is not practical... Then after he's made an ass of himself, he goes on to talk about Force Unleashed video game afterwards. He gets a few facts about what was considered the general canon wrong.

But my real beef with this guy is... Why are you such an a**hole? Why do you insist on trying to suck the JOY out of everything!? Seriously, there's a reason that Star Wars is a Science Fiction (or if you're one of those *insert unpleasant word for someone who is a total tool* who insists that because of The Force that Star Wars is 'fantasy' and not 'fiction' where was I going with this... I think that's a different rant.) Seriously though, point is that it doesn't HAVE to be practical or explainable.  Enjoy it for what it is!

Okay, I'm done...
Ventillation complete.

I have but four enemies: Envy, Lust, Greed and Lethargy...

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #3299 on: August 08, 2016, 02:57:33 AM »

Well my first ever saber decided to take a dump on me today u.u It was my first silver Liberator in Consular Green. Now to get another one. I'm just kinda bummed out on that one x.x I can always salvage the electronics though like I did with my blue Liberator Tongue For a custom project though I'll just have to get a metal housing/heatsink system but now I have a blue and green led waiting to being used again so. I more prefer the V3 Liberator anyway since having my Dark Liberator V3, I like the extra thickness and that inner extra space for the blade they didn't have before. Also its a very fine saber Tongue (Am I right though?)

My sincerities Zren. My son's saber just won't stop shutting off every time it gets bumped. I'm gonna call US to hopefully resolve the issue. Feel bad for him cuz his first saber, and he hasn't really been able to fully use it

Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: