Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1292519 times)
Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #3810 on: November 17, 2016, 03:37:51 PM »

Daily Vent: People who use "cannon" when they mean "canon" should be fired out of the former.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3811 on: November 17, 2016, 04:42:25 PM »

Daily Vent: People who use "cannon" when they mean "canon" should be fired out of the former.
More so, when someone uses "then" instead of "than".

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Greywolf
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 100

Grey all the way ;)

« Reply #3812 on: November 17, 2016, 05:00:32 PM »

More so, when someone uses "then" instead of "than".

Where can I get this on a T-Shirt Wink ?

Cake is a lie. There are only Cookies.
Through Cookies I gain Chocolate.
Through Chocolate I gain Energy.
Through Energy I gain Weight.
Through Weight my pants will burst.
The Force shall free me.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #3813 on: November 17, 2016, 07:18:06 PM »

Where can I get this on a T-Shirt Wink ?

Not sure if they have that one, but www.snorgtees.com has some pretty good ones.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #3814 on: November 17, 2016, 07:23:24 PM »

It's funny, but I'm not sure it's a grammar issue. It's a confused spelling issue due to a homophone. Does that still mean it's a grammar issue?

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

Grey Owl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 81

We don't like Star Wars, we live for Star Wars.

« Reply #3815 on: November 17, 2016, 09:08:35 PM »

Not sure if they have that one, but www.snorgtees.com has some pretty good ones.

Yeah like this one;

Dark sentinel LE(blazing red)

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #3816 on: November 17, 2016, 09:10:33 PM »

Yeah like this one;

So doesn't belong in Venting. Tongue

+1

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #3817 on: November 17, 2016, 10:47:58 PM »

It's funny, but I'm not sure it's a grammar issue. It's a confused spelling issue due to a homophone. Does that still mean it's a grammar issue?
GRAMMAR:
noun
the study of the way the sentences of a language are constructed; morphology and syntax.
these features or constructions themselves:
English grammar.
an account of these features; a set of rules accounting for these constructions:
a grammar of English.
Generative Grammar. a device, as a body of rules, whose output is all of the sentences that are permissible in a given language, while excluding all those that are not permissible.
prescriptive grammar.
knowledge or usage of the preferred or prescribed forms in speaking or writing:
She said his grammar was terrible.
the elements of any science, art, or subject.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Darth Acervus
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -248

6 movies & Rogue one. That's all folks....

« Reply #3818 on: November 17, 2016, 11:45:25 PM »

If a canon said cannon you could fire him out of a cannon then you would have a canon in a cannon and a canon without a cannon.
Of course, none of that would be grammatically correct, but he could accidentally cannon off a nearby tall building with a steeple. That would be a shame for the canon involved & possibly the steeple, oh & the pavement.

Tongue

EDIT: Not sure if the last cannon should actually be a canon or not. I do know that I like the sound of cannons, canons & even steeple's. Oh and sidewalks.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1559

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #3819 on: November 18, 2016, 12:12:00 AM »

Of course, none of that would be grammatically correct, but he could accidentally cannon off a nearby tall building with a steeple. That would be a shame for the canon involved & possibly the steeple, oh & the pavement.

EDIT: Not sure if the last cannon should actually be a canon or not. I do know that I like the sound of cannons, canons & even steeple's. Oh and sidewalks.

Speaking of sidewalks I walked up a steep hill and I felt great when I reached the top!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3820 on: November 18, 2016, 04:31:54 PM »

Yeah like this one;

It's also a bad use of the letter K. Lower case k can be use to denote the prefix "kilo" for 1000. Capital K in thermal units is used to denote the Kelvin scale of temperature. When I looked at this I initially read as 15K (not 15k) which is only 15° above Absolute Zero (the temp at which all matter stops moving), also known as -273°C. Which would make liquid nitrogen seem like a hot beverage by comparison. Grin

No, it's not a spelling error because both words are spelled correctly, even though they sound similar. Think about it. If you did this on a word processor, it would flag it with a green underline for a GRAMMAR error, not the red line that denotes a misspelling. "Then" refers to sequence, while "than" refers to a comparison.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #3821 on: November 19, 2016, 12:07:09 AM »

Lowes...the home improvement store.
I go in, looking for a flat, angled, grounded plug I can switch out from a straight grounded plug, on an extension cord. They got a wall of replacement plugs/sockets, for all types of applications. It's Lowes, after all.
So can any one explain why there is not ONE fecking angled replacement plug in this section?!?!
The employee says that it's not in high demand. Um, hello...I always carry 2 condoms, I told him. So if anyone needs one, I got it covered, as well as if someone takes one, I'm still left with one. But Lowes, NNOOOOO! They got feckin Cheetos and Grandmas peanut butter cookies, but not important spit!!
I'm done...bomb that bish!

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #3822 on: November 19, 2016, 12:26:56 AM »

Lowes...the home improvement store.
I go in, looking for a flat, angled, grounded plug I can switch out from a straight grounded plug, on an extension cord. They got a wall of replacement plugs/sockets, for all types of applications. It's Lowes, after all.
So can any one explain why there is not ONE fecking angled replacement plug in this section?!?!
The employee says that it's not in high demand. Um, hello...I always carry 2 condoms, I told him. So if anyone needs one, I got it covered, as well as if someone takes one, I'm still left with one. But Lowes, NNOOOOO! They got feckin Cheetos and Grandmas peanut butter cookies, but not important spit!!
I'm done...bomb that bish!

Try Home Depot

http://www.homedepot.com/p/15-Amp-Compact-Right-Angle-Plug-In-GFCI-Black-R51-16693-THD/203477830

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #3823 on: November 19, 2016, 12:32:25 AM »

I was, but I didn't wanna drive the extra 10 minutes(with traffic) outta the way to get it, cuz the traffic getting outta that POS area would've caused some serious road rage. I think the little shop by my house has one, but it's the principality of it. There's an ACE hardware in town and that place isn't worth squat either. Plenty of copper pipes, no couplings or fittings. Idiots

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #3824 on: November 19, 2016, 09:58:17 PM »

It's super aggravating when someone tries to befriend you by trying to like everything you like and do everything you do.  That's not friendship.  That's creepy.

Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: