Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 408 409 [410] 411 412 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1293259 times)
Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #6135 on: January 24, 2018, 06:19:53 AM »

LOL

I grew up in Michigan, which was bad enough.  I live in Alabama now.  Love the political climate and economy here.  (Huntsville, soon to be the largest metro area in the state!  WOOT!)  Not so happy about the climate and humidity.  I get tired of bugs and hot-sticky-hot... 

If only I could transplant Huntsville to the New Mexico mountains!  Perfection...  :-)

My mom was born there, she love Huntsville.

My day was okay.  Work was busy this morning, but I got to play some Overwatch and watch some classic Doctor Who tonight.

Illyiss
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -491

There are shadows darker still...

« Reply #6136 on: January 24, 2018, 06:12:23 PM »

Companies that produce furniture that you have to assemble yourself, that label in the directions all the parts and hardware, but then NONE of the parts or hardware are labeled...  My roommate ordered a new bed, asked me to put it together for her.  Sure, no problem.  Well, hours after...  Yeah, it looks good, but gods companies, label your crap!  Also, let pressboard melamine air out before you pack it in plastic.  The fumes man, THE FUMES!!! 

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #6137 on: January 25, 2018, 04:38:52 AM »

When the same people always say to you: "I'm fine" when you ask them: "how are you?" out of sincerity. Then you realize there is no point in genuine greeting. Tongue

DaddyFlip
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 37

^DarthScrub Avatar Mod!

« Reply #6138 on: January 25, 2018, 04:54:45 AM »

When the same people always say to you: "I'm fine" when you ask them: "how are you?" out of sincerity. Then you realize there is no point in genuine greeting. Tongue

Then it's time for you to alter what you believe to be a genuine greeting. "How are you?" is as generic as "I'm fine" so you can't expect much.

Rather than asking the cliche' question, catch them off guard. Just one or two unexpected words will cause your target to answer differently. "I hope you are doing well today." or "How has your day been so far?" will almost never be met with "I'm fine" because this answer doesn't make sense. It might also help the person to open up a little more.

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #6139 on: January 25, 2018, 08:11:46 AM »

^ I have done that. Maybe they are just indifferent with me (but they respond identically to other people too). It doesn't bother me.  Tongue

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6140 on: January 25, 2018, 06:34:17 PM »

Freaked out
Insecure
Nurotic
Emotional

They are telling you the truth. They just want to burden you with their issues. Undecided "Fine" = "I don't want to complain."

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Illyiss
Knight Commander

« Reply #6141 on: January 25, 2018, 06:39:26 PM »

Freaked out
Insecure
Nurotic
Emotional

They are telling you the truth. They just want to burden you with their issues. Undecided "Fine" = "I don't want to complain."

He's right.  "Fine" is almost always a dismissive answer/statement.

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #6142 on: January 25, 2018, 07:29:55 PM »

Do you know anybody that just unloads all their petty problems on you when you ask them "how are you"? I know a couple people that do that every time you ask them how they are, even if it's just an hour apart! Now that is much worse then "I'm fine".

By the way, how are you doing today?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6143 on: January 25, 2018, 07:31:47 PM »

Do you know anybody that just unloads all their petty problems on you when you ask them "how are you"? I know a couple people that do that every time you ask them how they are, even if it's just an hour apart! Now that is much worse then "I'm fine".
Just remember.........you asked. "Ask me questions, I'll tell you no lies." Wink

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #6144 on: January 25, 2018, 07:57:28 PM »

Just remember.........you asked. "Ask me questions, I'll tell you no lies." Wink
I agree was just making a counter point. And when you do know those people you start greeting them without asking how they are. Yeah that is pretty weird to do.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Illyiss
Knight Commander

« Reply #6145 on: January 25, 2018, 08:08:39 PM »

I am entirely opposed to the words "good" and "morning" ever being used together in any fashion that implies any morning is in any way a positive thing.

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #6146 on: January 25, 2018, 09:51:15 PM »

I am entirely opposed to the words "good" and "morning" ever being used together in any fashion that implies any morning is in any way a positive thing.
Agreed

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 271

Triple Ace

« Reply #6147 on: January 25, 2018, 10:22:26 PM »

Agreed

Third, the motion carries. All in favour say aye.

Aye.

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #6148 on: January 25, 2018, 10:24:26 PM »

Third, the motion carries. All in favour say aye.
Aye.
Aye

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Illyiss
Knight Commander

« Reply #6149 on: January 25, 2018, 10:27:45 PM »

AYE!

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Pages: 1 ... 408 409 [410] 411 412 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: