Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 543 544 [545] 546 547 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1279797 times)
Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #8160 on: July 05, 2020, 06:26:22 PM »

I can't do fireworks myself and don't care for them but if you're going to pop them, do them aware from city limits where it's legal and be safe about it
I echo the “safe and legal” plea, and point out that in my city, so long as it’s done on private property, it’s legal, so check your local ordinances, and also check with your HOA (Home Owners’ Association), if you have one, for any additional restrictions.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 223

Light side points preferred if I earn them....

« Reply #8161 on: July 05, 2020, 10:05:30 PM »

Speaking of fireworks, there goes my neighborhood again.

IT'S NOT EVEN DARK OUTSIDE!   CRIPES!

Doing the best I can with what I've got...

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
The Fallen - Tri-cree Silver
Initiate V2 - Guardian Blue
Apprentice V4 - Fire Orange
Apprentice LE V5 - Blazing Red
Shock - Consular Green
Frankensaber "Emerald Fury" - Consular Green w/ Silver flash
Emperor's Hand - Violet Amethyst w/ silver flash
The Guardian - Guardian Blue w/ silver flash

FAMILY SABERS:
Aeon LE v5 - Tri-cree Guardian Blue
Archon v2.1 - Tri-cree Consular Green
Savior - Violet Amethyst
Manticore - Tri-cree Blazing Red
Princess (golden) - Violet Amethyst

Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 181

« Reply #8162 on: July 05, 2020, 10:40:09 PM »

I can't do fireworks myself and don't care for them but if you're going to pop them, do them aware from city limits where it's legal and be safe about it
I'm with you. I've never liked fireworks and especially spending money to shoot them off illegally.  It's like literally setting your money on fire. 

Household US Arsenal:
# = STUNT; % = OBSIDIAN LITE; ~ = OBSIDIAN V4; * = DIAMOND
Mine:
# Dark Apprentice LE v4: BR; # Dark Sentinel LE v4: TRI BR; # Dominix v3: PO; # Dorinian: TRI AB; # Frankensaber - BR; # Initiate v2: GB; # Liberator v3: TRI CG; % Archon 3.1: TRI CG; ~ Consular: TRI CG; ~ Dark Initiate LE v5: TRI FO; ~ Guardian: TRI GB; * Menace; * Monarch

Wife’s:
# Aeon V2: VA; # Dominix V2: BH; # Initiate V2: GB; # Prophecy v3: TRI GB; ~ Graflex SE: TRI GB; ~ Spectre: TRI GB; * Fulcrum; * Lost Grey

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #8163 on: July 05, 2020, 11:48:52 PM »

So weird to see people talking about fireworks in a negative light.  Not insulting anyone....just that fireworks are damn near universally loved where I'm from.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #8164 on: July 06, 2020, 12:04:23 AM »

I'm with you. I've never liked fireworks and especially spending money to shoot them off illegally.  It's like literally setting your money on fire. 

It's not that I don't like them, I have PTSD and some of them gives me flashbacks of war so I stay away from it and I have other things that I can do for fun like working out, building lightsabers, play video games, and hang out with you lot in here Wink

It's like literally setting your money on fire. 

Honestly, I think of alcohol in the same light but you're pissing away your money. Literally and figuratively

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #8165 on: July 06, 2020, 12:23:11 AM »

No different from buying ammo to shoot at the range or going out for fancy meal.  Your spending money on something that is going to be used and gone.  But the experience will be there.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #8166 on: July 06, 2020, 11:55:03 AM »

Got into such a bad coughing fit last night that I pulled my stomach muscles....gonna be a fun week I can tell (Sarcasm)

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #8167 on: July 06, 2020, 02:00:23 PM »

Got into such a bad coughing fit last night that I pulled my stomach muscles....gonna be a fun week I can tell (Sarcasm)

I had this happen to me in March.  It turns out I had an acute case of bronchitis.  Yay.  It took what I believe to be some serious meds and about a month to MOSTLY recover, and another month or more to fully recover.  I wish you well.

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Metal Mech
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -84

Dark Force points please.

« Reply #8168 on: July 06, 2020, 04:57:43 PM »

A little late to the conversation about fireworks because I was in the mountains with bad signal.

I like fireworks but hate it when people are rude and idiotic with them.
We were in a cabin last week and it was specifically stated fire works would have you removed if you set them off. We still had idiots in other cabins setting them off the back porch and launching them over top of other cabins.
On top of that I returned home to find the road in front of my house littered with all the left over garbage from fire works. Found some in my yard and a scourge mark on the hood of my wife’s car.
I know show set them off. The woman that lives there is nice enough but she lets the kids and teens do what ever they want.
If your going to do them clean up after yourself I always do. And be careful to keep them off of others property as best you can
These are the same people that last time was out setting them off at 1am when I was trying to sleep for work the next day.
Don’t be idiots or rude when your doing fire works

Wishlist
Project Replica: Specter w/ Diamond Controller 36" HD Blade
Project Dark Twins: x2 Dark Initiate LE v5 Stunt Tri-AS 24” HD Blade
Project Silver Saber: Lost Grey v4 Obsidian AS w/GB FoC 32" HD Blade

Sent back for upgrade.
Empress v4 Sound Tri-AS 32” HD Blade

Collection
Customized Saber: Dark Mantis Emerald v3 Obsidian 37” V4 Blade (mods in progress)
Practice Saber: Dark Sentinel LE v4 Stunt BR 32”HD Blade

DOA40
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -19

Peace Is a Lie

« Reply #8169 on: July 06, 2020, 07:17:22 PM »

I don't mind fireworks either, but I just want people to be sensible with them.  Don't spend an entire week shooting them off before the 4th or New Years.  It's rather annoying to hear all when, when you can have just as much fun on the actual day that it's appropriate to shoot them and I would be fine with it.

And especially don't shoot guns into the air.  A person I am friends with on Facebook had a bullet pierce the hood of their car, they weren't in it thankfully.  But they've not got to pay out of pocket, because there is no telling where the bullet came from.

When life gives you lemons, make apple juice and leave everyone wondering how in the hell you did that.

Current Blades Owned:

Arbiter-Basic Sound Mystery Box-Fire Orange

Dark Mantis-Basic Sound Saber-Violet Amethyst

Emperor's Hand-Emerald Sound Saber-Consular Green

Renegade LE-Premium Sound Saber-Blazing Red

Galef
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 209

Light side preferred, Dark side accepted

« Reply #8170 on: July 06, 2020, 07:53:59 PM »

I've grown to not like firework related holidays because they often mean sleepless nights comforting me poor dog who thinks the world is ending and the only way to keep him from trembling himself sick and vomiting is to hold him tightly until he falls asleep.
Thunderstorms are like that too.

-

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #8171 on: July 06, 2020, 08:15:22 PM »

I've grown to not like firework related holidays because they often mean sleepless nights comforting me poor dog who thinks the world is ending and the only way to keep him from trembling himself sick and vomiting is to hold him tightly until he falls asleep.
Thunderstorms are like that too.

-

I’ve heard good things about the Thundershirt in cases like this.

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #8172 on: July 06, 2020, 08:17:10 PM »

I’ve heard good things about the Thundershirt in cases like this.
Thanx. The one we have helps a tiny bit, but he still freaks out and gets tremor fits.

-

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #8173 on: July 06, 2020, 08:26:39 PM »

Thanx. The one we have helps a tiny bit, but he still freaks out and gets tremor fits.

-

Ahhhh, dang it.   Sad   I was hoping I’d be able to help.  Stressed puppies are not a good thing. 

(To me, all dogs are puppies, even if their muzzles are solid grey and their arthritis is apparent in their movements.)

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #8174 on: July 06, 2020, 08:45:01 PM »

Ahhhh, dang it.   Sad   I was hoping I’d be able to help.  Stressed puppies are not a good thing. 

(To me, all dogs are puppies, even if their muzzles are solid grey and their arthritis is apparent in their movements.)
I agree. 10,000 years of being bred to exhibit juvenile behaviors and traits means all dogs are puppies.
Mine is over 10yrs old and we are both getting "silver accents", but he'll always be my puppy.

-

Pages: 1 ... 543 544 [545] 546 547 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: