Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 450173 times)
For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #840 on: July 23, 2019, 10:43:11 AM »

WOOHOO

Thanks Logos, I just hope PsychoSith is as impressed!
(It will look better with the textures applied  Smiley )

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #841 on: July 24, 2019, 01:49:23 PM »

Thanks Logos, I just hope PsychoSith is as impressed!
(It will look better with the textures applied  Smiley )

It looks outstanding as usual! I understand the confusion with the shroud, didnt draw it too well, Ill send you a message to clear up the confusion later

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #842 on: July 24, 2019, 02:36:42 PM »

Hi PsychoSith, you're welcome and it was TheDutchman who brought your name up I just seconded his recommendation!
The little detail I wanted to know about regards the shroud on the "Dove", it seems a little off. I can get the triangular points with the "V groove and slot" but I'm not sure whether the shrouds have an opening/slot for the  X-Guard.

Anyhow I will post the non textured picture to give you an idea of the shape and you can let me know if the shroud is ok as is or if you'd like it tweaked.

Thanks again.

For, I love the work on this so far!   I know it's a work in progress, but I wanted to say that I really like the "cut out" for the activation switch and the pommel is really amazing.  Its simple, but it has perfect lines.  I'd buy that pommel for at least two of my current US hilts if it were available.  :-)

I can't wait to see the finished product!

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #843 on: July 24, 2019, 02:58:43 PM »

It looks outstanding as usual! I understand the confusion with the shroud, didnt draw it too well, Ill send you a message to clear up the confusion later

Hi PsychoSith, glad you like it so far! Your drawings weren't bad just a little confusing as I only had one top down view and the perspective angle to work from and no clear side on view that showed the shroud section where the X-Guard and emitter peek through it.

For, I love the work on this so far!   I know it's a work in progress, but I wanted to say that I really like the "cut out" for the activation switch and the pommel is really amazing.  Its simple, but it has perfect lines.  I'd buy that pommel for at least two of my current US hilts if it were available.  :-)

I can't wait to see the finished product!

Hello Karmack, you will have to thank PsychoSith, this is his design, but you are right it does look amazing (even if it hasn't got a texture skin yet). I think R.J. Mitchell who designed the WW2 fighter plane the Spitfire said "If it looks right then it will fly right" and this saber looks right which meant it was easier to model as a result of being right. Thanks for the kind words (even if I did just do the 3D  Smiley )

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #844 on: July 24, 2019, 04:27:06 PM »

You're right: FT's designs are incredible!  On that note, I would also like to recommend PsychoSith's own unique saber renderings as well.  Here's a link for convenience  Smiley:
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=41788.0

Hi PsychoSith, you're welcome and it was TheDutchman who brought your name up I just seconded his recommendation!

Completely misread the author on that original post - sorry Dutchman! And thanks to you both!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #845 on: July 24, 2019, 06:16:32 PM »

Hi PsychoSith,

I have a few images of the latest version of claws for you and sent them to your inbox. Let me know what you think alright!

(And sorry I took a little longer than I thought I would, but I had to evacuate my tower block for a fire alarm!)

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #846 on: July 24, 2019, 06:27:34 PM »

Hi PsychoSith,

I have a few images of the latest version of claws for you and sent them to your inbox. Let me know what you think alright!

(And sorry I took a little longer than I thought I would, but I had to evacuate my tower block for a fire alarm!)

No worries at all! Fire alarm drills suck

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #847 on: July 24, 2019, 11:45:35 PM »

No worries at all! Fire alarm drills suck

Oh I don't mind the fire drill - better to be safe than sorry....it's just the fact they switch off the turbolifts and I have to wait an hour or more for the building owner to arrive and switch it back on. Or face a hike up 26 flights of stairs!

Anyhoo, it turns out to have been idiot younglings smoking deathsticks in the stairwell and setting off the sensors. No real danger as the concrete staircase won't burn but still.  Angry

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #848 on: July 26, 2019, 07:27:52 PM »

Completely misread the author on that original post - sorry Dutchman! And thanks to you both!
No harm, no foul PS  Wink

Besides: I am LOVING the synthesis between your 2D drawings and FT's 3D renderings!!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #849 on: July 26, 2019, 07:56:13 PM »

No harm, no foul PS  Wink

Besides: I am LOVING the synthesis between your 2D drawings and FT's 3D renderings!!

Hello TheDutchman,

I am so glad you like "The Durasteel Dove" it truly is a fantastic design PsychoSith came up with (including the backstory). I have a few projects I need to polish up but I have already taken a look at modelling the "Beskar Breaker" so in a bout a week or so I should have something for you all ok. And I think PsychoSith may have something even more impressive lined up very soon. (Can't say much about it just yet - secret!  Wink )

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #850 on: July 27, 2019, 09:41:43 PM »

Hello Everybody,

It is time that I unveil my latest concept and it is one that I was inspired to mock up after I started watching a new show on the History Channel (on cable in UK). That show is "Knightfall" and it tells a fictionalised story of a Knight Templar and his struggles. The knight, named Landry de Lauzon, was involved with the crusades of the 1300's in the Holy Land - however the Templars lost to the Saracens and failed to obtain the "Holy Grail". Landry then lost his mentor who was murdered and Landry became commander of the Paris Temple. Fast forward a little to season two where I got to pick up the story...Landry had somehow been dismissed from the order and begins training to re-enter the Order. And his new teacher is the INITIATE Master...Master Talus...portrayed by Mark Hamill! So when I discovered this I had to come up with a concept based on that news. I will be honest and point out it is more of a modification of an existing design but I did add a few bits. Anyway enough talk this is my concept I call "Crusader"...

Now some of you may recognise the base hilt and I apologise to the owners I didn't get chance to ask for permission first but this idea came to me very quickly! I added the quillons/crossguard which gave the hilt a "cruciform" shape to resemble the Templar cross and I inlaid the quillons with red "powder coat". I also added some gold powder coat rings to accent the handgrip area. There are also a few flecks of grime and dirt to make it look used.

As I did minimal modification to the hilt I thought it needed something else to make it stand out so I attempted to make a sheath or belt hanger for the hilt. I intended to make the texture appear to be made of leather but when I added the "grain effect" it looked more wooden than leather. However I left it as it was and thought the belt hanger could also double as a display plinth or wall hanger if you unscrewed the "beltloop" from the bottom.

As a final touch I added a Templar cross to the upper surface so it matched the saber.

Anyhow I hope you like my Knightfall inspired modification and I hope I don't get in too much trouble for it! Thanks again for all your support, and I'll be posting more "original" based designs in future.

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #851 on: July 27, 2019, 11:19:45 PM »

Hello Everybody,

It is time that I unveil my latest concept and it is one that I was inspired to mock up after I started watching a new show on the History Channel (on cable in UK). That show is "Knightfall" and it tells a fictionalised story of a Knight Templar and his struggles. The knight, named Landry de Lauzon, was involved with the crusades of the 1300's in the Holy Land - however the Templars lost to the Saracens and failed to obtain the "Holy Grail". Landry then lost his mentor who was murdered and Landry became commander of the Paris Temple. Fast forward a little to season two where I got to pick up the story...Landry had somehow been dismissed from the order and begins training to re-enter the Order. And his new teacher is the INITIATE Master...Master Talus...portrayed by Mark Hamill! So when I discovered this I had to come up with a concept based on that news. I will be honest and point out it is more of a modification of an existing design but I did add a few bits. Anyway enough talk this is my concept I call "Crusader"...

Now some of you may recognise the base hilt and I apologise to the owners I didn't get chance to ask for permission first but this idea came to me very quickly! I added the quillons/crossguard which gave the hilt a "cruciform" shape to resemble the Templar cross and I inlaid the quillons with red "powder coat". I also added some gold powder coat rings to accent the handgrip area. There are also a few flecks of grime and dirt to make it look used.

As I did minimal modification to the hilt I thought it needed something else to make it stand out so I attempted to make a sheath or belt hanger for the hilt. I intended to make the texture appear to be made of leather but when I added the "grain effect" it looked more wooden than leather. However I left it as it was and thought the belt hanger could also double as a display plinth or wall hanger if you unscrewed the "beltloop" from the bottom.

As a final touch I added a Templar cross to the upper surface so it matched the saber.

Anyhow I hope you like my Knightfall inspired modification and I hope I don't get in too much trouble for it! Thanks again for all your support, and I'll be posting more "original" based designs in future.

That is a veritably attractive design fusion! Point!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #852 on: July 28, 2019, 02:48:11 AM »

That is a veritably attractive design fusion! Point!

Thanks PsychoSith, it came about very quickly as I have just started watching the show and the fact that Mark was in the program I had to come up with a themed design.

And a nice new avatar I spy on your profile panel - and I'd just got used to seeing your previous image, now I'll have to learn to recognise your new pic!

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #853 on: July 28, 2019, 06:19:51 AM »

Thanks PsychoSith, it came about very quickly as I have just started watching the show and the fact that Mark was in the program I had to come up with a themed design.

And a nice new avatar I spy on your profile panel - and I'd just got used to seeing your previous image, now I'll have to learn to recognise your new pic!

Lol sorry about that. Found the angle was a little unflattering so i opened up photoshop and spruced up an image i found off google. I like how it came out

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #854 on: July 28, 2019, 12:05:45 AM »

Lol sorry about that. Found the angle was a little unflattering so i opened up photoshop and spruced up an image i found off google. I like how it came out

No worries, I'll get used to it. I have to say a while ago I got the bug for doing a bit of art and came up with my own avatar and signature too so I can't complain (but I had to use GIMP as it's cheaper than Photoshop  Grin )

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: