Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: V2 Pommel question  (Read 4053 times)
Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 271

Triple Ace

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2018, 04:05:04 AM »

even if the threads are already cut on the part?

probably not, but if you can find a chunk of 1.5 inch aluminium rod it can be done with that. You can get a two inch chunk for about $7.00 off of ebay.

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

RabbleRouser
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 18

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2018, 01:29:48 PM »

I have figured out a plan of attack but it will DEFINITELY void the warranty and require a new battery pack as the 4-AAA pack wont fit anymore when I'm done....will post pictures later tonight after work....

RabbleRouser
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 18

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2018, 06:49:24 AM »

Ok, so cutting new threads onto the adaptor isn't going to work so I sat down and came up with a solution....I'm a problem solver after all....

I took my Dremel and a sanding drum and ground off the threads on the adaptor...

Now it slides right into the hilt without being threaded, it doesn't touch the threads but there is no wobble. I will need to either epoxy it or silver solder it into position...

The adaptor will allow the hilt to accept any of the MHS hilts like this TCSS V1 Style 5....

The problem that arises is that if this adaptor is permanently attached I lose the ability to remove the battery pack so the next step (before I permanently attach it) it to make a chassis to hold a battery pack that will fit into the 1" opening and that opens up the possibility of wiring it up for sound.

The next steps are going to be to stencil on and acid etch some design possibly like this one...

then a leather wrap and it's all done!

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2018, 11:59:44 AM »

Glad you figured out a way to make it work! 

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: