Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Redemption Review  (Read 2614 times)
Luckyjack
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 4

« on: January 15, 2011, 11:55:40 AM »

So this is my review of the 2nd saber I purchased from UltraSabers.....a really beautiful Redemption.

Before I start with words and pics....here is my YouTube review as well :

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VPMgmmrkgw" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VPMgmmrkgw</a>

Now...if you read or watched my Rattlesnake review, you know a bit about my use of these sabers which has an impact on my reviews. Essentially, I will use these at charity events for the Rebel Legion and 501st - two volunteer groups that do costuming appearances for children's charity events.

This Redemption is a stunt model in Consular green with an Ultra Edge mid grade blade. I couldn't resist picking this one up in the day after Christmas sale using my rewards points from my Rattlesnake saber. I have two children myself and I imagined once they saw my other saber they would each want to play around with one - man was I right ! I have to pry these sabers out of their hands ! It will time for their own UltraSabers any day now I think.

Anyway....probably the best way to describe the Redemption is elegant. The brushed nickel finish and very fine machining make for a quiet statement. Plus the castle emitter (little ring of lights below the blade's base) is really a nice touch. Don't let that description fool you tho - its a big boy ! I mean this thing has some serious size to it. You can see some side by side pics here with my Rattlesnake - which is also one hefty saber - and the Redemption is a bit thicker and maybe another 3/4 inches in length.

Now if you want to talk bright - this is seriously bright. I can see the consistency with which Ultra powers their sabers. Both my Rattlesnake and the Redemption have a pure, really bright green. The brightness and colors don't even get washed out in daylight - nevermind the eye punishing brightness in a darker room !

All that and this saber feels like it can handle some punishment ! I may not duel....but this will see more hand to hand combat action with a hundred screaming kids !   Grin

Nice job Ultra !

(Hopeful that external vendors will return to production of a sound card for the Redemption as I'd jump right on that band wagon !)

« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 12:05:51 AM by Luckyjack » Logged

Lucky Jack

Stable :
- Rattlesnake (Consular Green, Mid Ultra Edge Blade)
- Redemption (Consular Green, Mid Ultra Edge Blade)

Kaiser Xander
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 6

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 10:06:09 PM »

Your review are fantastic! From the number of batteries they take to the detail and function of the grooves. Nice job!

Not as clumsy or random as a blaster. An elegannt weapon, for a more...civilized age.

Luckyjack
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 4

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 12:08:03 AM »

Thanks - much appreciated !

Lucky Jack

Stable :
- Rattlesnake (Consular Green, Mid Ultra Edge Blade)
- Redemption (Consular Green, Mid Ultra Edge Blade)

Kaiser Xander
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 6

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 12:16:16 AM »

You're welcome. I think you and Amanita set the standard for excellent reviews, lol.

Not as clumsy or random as a blaster. An elegannt weapon, for a more...civilized age.

Saiyanhikari
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 01:03:30 AM »

STOP IT WITH THE DETAILED REVIEWS! THEY MAKE ME WANT TO IMPULSE BUY MORE SABERS.
But seriously..."elegant" is just one word to describe how that redemption looks!

Sabers owned:
Obi-Wan Kenobi MR Force FX
Phantom Initiate Adegan Silver (now defunct)
RGB Jedi Shock (being rebuilt by Ultrasabers)
Dark Standard Initiate Red (Dual)

Lord_BoOgEyMaN
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -23

The Sith Shall Rise again!

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 01:35:49 AM »

Very nice saber, Wish I had more money to Purchase another

Dark Initiate V2 (2) Blazing red

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: