Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: different sound board price  (Read 2426 times)
Destra Olsendish
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 0

« on: January 19, 2012, 12:44:59 AM »

some sabers have the obsidian soun priced at $75 (obsidian inductee price)

where as others have it priced at $95 is there a difference?? and if so what is the difference??
and if no difference why the different price

"Fear is the path to the dark side huh? Fear, as well as any other emotion, is what makes us living beings.  There will always be fear, anger, hate, and aggression.  How we control these emotions determines how we live."-MSRJ aka Destra Olsendish

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 02:23:14 AM »

The Obsidian Inductee Price, which is still available on the higher end hilts, is $75.  This was the original "intro" price on this board.  When the V3 models came out, the "intro" status was dropped on them so that the price became $95, which is effectively the normal price of the Obsidian board installed.

When you really look at it though, the much lower costs of the V3 hilts (them having less detail and all) easily compensates for this extra 20 bucks.  Not to mention the board installed for $95 is basically a steal when you consider the price of other comparable options out there.  Just my two cents Wink

Hope that helps.

darth tratus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -241

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 02:25:08 AM »

The Obsidian Inductee Price, which is still available on the higher end hilts, is $75.  This was the original "intro" price on this board.  When the V3 models came out, the "intro" status was dropped on them so that the price became $95, which is effectively the normal price of the Obsidian board installed.

When you really look at it though, the much lower costs of the V3 hilts (them having less detail and all) easily compensates for this extra 20 bucks.  Not to mention the board installed for $95 is basically a steal when you consider the price of other comparable options out there.  Just my two cents Wink

Hope that helps.

I have to agree with this.

Destra Olsendish
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 02:27:27 AM »

yep thank u.  just wanted to make sure they were the same boards

"Fear is the path to the dark side huh? Fear, as well as any other emotion, is what makes us living beings.  There will always be fear, anger, hate, and aggression.  How we control these emotions determines how we live."-MSRJ aka Destra Olsendish

Chainmale75
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 49

Control your emotions, Don't let them control you.

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 12:12:07 PM »

I was gonna ask the same question, but figured they we just cutting some slack for the people that spring for the premium hilts.

Prophesy V3,CG,Obsidian:
Shock LE, DVA, Obsidian:
x2-Dominix V2 LE, FO/BR Stunt:
DSI V2, AS, Stunt:
Aeon V4, CG stunt;
Apprentice GB stunt;
x2 Initiate V3 SD/SY stunts;
Dominix V3 PO stunt;

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2012, 01:26:36 PM »

I was gonna ask the same question, but figured they we just cutting some slack for the people that spring for the premium hilts.

You could definitely use that explanation, it makes sense.  Ultra has been warning us for a while now that the introductory price won't last forever, so implementing the "normal" price on the V3 hilts is probably his way of working it in gradually.

Darth Unobtanium
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -33

You can run, but you'll just die tired.

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2012, 08:47:22 PM »

I think I have to agree with Chaimale's theory. The lower-end hilts like the Standard Issue and Dominix all are priced at 95$ for Obsidian, leading me to think that Ultrasabers is knocking off 20 bucks for those who are willing to spend a little extra on a more expensive hilt.

Arsenal:
Apostle - BR Dark SI V3
Chaplain - SY Phantom LE V2

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: