Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Dueling  (Read 1531 times)
AerykGunn
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -27

Jetiise Kyramud

« on: June 14, 2011, 03:49:09 AM »

So some of you may want to beat me over the head after I say this but. I don't care.

Me and my friend sometimes dual with my two Master Replica sabers, Darth Vader and Darth Maul damaged.

Now my first question is, before I got my Darth Maul Saber I dueled Darth Vaders with some crappy toy sabers. Now I knew that was a mistake, and I regret it, but what are you going to do when you aren't interested? Anyways.. after that the blade has multiple marks on them from the plastic of the toy sabers. How do I get these marks off and make it look clean and shiny again?

Second question is, I would like to continue using these sabers for dueling. me and my friend are careful and we aren't trying to beat the hell out of each other (though some accidents....) so is the UltraEdge saber capable of dueling with the Master Replica without totally destroying the blade if we are CAREFUL or should I wait for another UltraSaber lightsaber before I try dueling with my first one?

Thirdly, will dueling with the Master Replicas in general harm them? I think I heard the LEDs are in the blade itself and that's how it does the ignite/sheathing thing. Will these mess up or anything?

And sorry last question I just thought up... my Vader uses 3 AA and my Maul uses 3 AAA. My Maul seems dimmer then my Vader, is this what is causing that? Thank you.

Sabers I have:            Sabers I want:
Catalyst-Blue              Dark War Glaive x2
Dark Initiate V2-Red    Raven
                                 Consular
                                 Dark Shock
                                 Prophecy LE
Aliit ori'shya tal'din

yt0k
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 03:58:53 AM »

Scuff marks are near impossible to remove from the MR sabers. The blades on the MR sabers are very fragile. I would not recommend full contact dueling with them. You can break and kill the LEDs inside the blade itself when hitting it against other sabers. The Darth Maul saber is not that bright to begin with but with smacking it around, its possible that they are dying.

AerykGunn
Knight Templar

Jetiise Kyramud

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 04:02:59 AM »

I see... The Maul blade was already dim when I got it (was kinda disappointed but eh) and I know. As I said we aren't like doing any serious dueling or anything or smacking the hell out of them. We didn't even do that with the toy sabers the plastic just kept rubbing off. I just wanted to make sure that "play fighting" with an UltraEdge, if it's not a Heavy Grade, won't shatter a Master Replica Smiley

Consular
                                 Dark Shock
                                 Prophecy LE
Aliit ori'shya tal'din

yt0k
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 04:06:15 AM »

I don't think it the Ultraedge would shatter the MR's blade. Just be cautious. I have the Hasbro Removable Blade edition of the Darth Maul and it is super dim. If I had the money Id have it converted by Ultra but I would miss the power up power down and the broken saber sound fx

AerykGunn
Knight Templar

Jetiise Kyramud

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 04:22:50 AM »

Well while the UltraSabers don't really have "power up/power down" I have noticed that it does tend to... I dunno how to say it...

When you ignite the saber, yes it's "instantaneous" but you can still sorta see the light go up the blade, and down the blade.. So it's SORTA there... but it's just faster. To be honest. I like it more than the Master Replica blade's power up/down style. It seems more realistic since.. well.. light travels very quickly.. Smiley But I undertand where you're coming from. I think I want to do the same but. Yeah. Money. I'll wait for a while heh.

Consular
                                 Dark Shock
                                 Prophecy LE
Aliit ori'shya tal'din

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: