Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: What's the best way of checking on availability of out-of-stock sabers?  (Read 2806 times)
foxspookymulder
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: April 13, 2016, 01:07:50 AM »

I'm hoping top buy a Chosen One or an Archon for my sons upcoming birthday and they are both marked out-of-stock.  I need to find out when these might become available and don't have a lot of time of my sleaves.  I haven't had a response yet to my email about this sent a couple of days ago.  Are Ultra Sabers able to respond to pone enquiries about avalability?

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2016, 01:37:15 AM »

Email is the best way to get answers to questions, especially if you have questions about specific hilts (which you do).  Just asking "when are the out of stock hilts gonna be back in?" Is unlikely to get an answer.

You can email them again, or try the live chat option on the main site if you have specific questions.

Calling them is actually the least likely to get you a response.

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

azn86.jedi
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 32

The struggle betwix light and darkness never ends

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 06:47:10 AM »

I've found the live chat pretty helpful . I have ordered an Emerald Consular that's been on backorder for a while. An enquiry with my order number handy and I had a rough answer as to when the hilts were going to be back in stock.

Ultrasabers-
Guardian GB^|Consular FO|Archon v2.1 CG|Manticore CE VA|Bellicose BR|>Emerald+Obs v4
Sentinel V4 FO|Dominix LE V4 BR Staff|Dark Initiate V4 BR|2x Dark Sentinel LE V4 CG|Dark Liberator AB|Aeon V4 BR|Std Issue BS BR|>stunt
Co-Founder: Southern Rogues Saber TCC Website: https://www.facebook.com/SothernRoguesTCC/

Connah
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 91

Light, Dark, both extremes annoy me

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2016, 08:24:22 PM »

I've found the live chat pretty helpful . I have ordered an Emerald Consular that's been on backorder for a while. An enquiry with my order number handy and I had a rough answer as to when the hilts were going to be back in stock.

out of curiosity when are the consular likely to be back in, I e-mailed them a while ago and was told late march to early April......and early April is pretty much gone now

"there's no such thing as overkill. It's just making sure"

Dominix V4 VA with sound
Scorpion R+B Emerald with sound

azn86.jedi
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 32

The struggle betwix light and darkness never ends

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2016, 11:32:52 AM »

out of curiosity when are the consular likely to be back in, I e-mailed them a while ago and was told late march to early April......and early April is pretty much gone now
I was told that they were expecting a new shipment of hilts 3rd week of April. That's next week for me. Assuming the shipment arrives midweek and for a couple of days for fabrication (unless they've done it all to the point where it's only a matter of putting them into the saber and plugging everything together, which hopefully would be slightly faster), allowing 10-14 working days for the shipment to get to me (I live on the opposite end of the globe) I'd imagine I'll have my Consular by the 2nd week of May, at the latest.

I was in no hurry so I was prepared to wait.

You could just place an order now and make a comment in the comments field that you need it by a certain date if possible and contact them after...I don't know if that countermands the backorder acknowledgement you do when making the order.

I'm not sure what their fabrication processes are like, though I'm assuming they usually work in chronological order...orders that come in first get fulfilled first where possible, making exceptions for orders they know they can fabricate and ship straight away (ie random grab bags, basic hilts that are in stock etc).

Case in point being I have a couple of grab bags and the free initiate from the initiate giveaway season that just went past, but still waiting for my Consular, which I ordered back when the first Spring Raffle happened.

Ultrasabers-
Guardian GB^|Consular FO|Archon v2.1 CG|Manticore CE VA|Bellicose BR|>Emerald+Obs v4
Sentinel V4 FO|Dominix LE V4 BR Staff|Dark Initiate V4 BR|2x Dark Sentinel LE V4 CG|Dark Liberator AB|Aeon V4 BR|Std Issue BS BR|>stunt
Co-Founder: Southern Rogues Saber TCC Website: https://www.facebook.com/SothernRoguesTCC/

Connah
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 91

Light, Dark, both extremes annoy me

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2016, 10:18:55 PM »

yeah I also ordered the consular for the spring raffle

"there's no such thing as overkill. It's just making sure"

Dominix V4 VA with sound
Scorpion R+B Emerald with sound

Musiclover221
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 33

The Force Will Be With You...Always

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2016, 11:42:27 PM »

I'm hoping top buy a Chosen One or an Archon for my sons upcoming birthday and they are both marked out-of-stock.  I need to find out when these might become available and don't have a lot of time of my sleaves.  I haven't had a response yet to my email about this sent a couple of days ago.  Are Ultra Sabers able to respond to pone enquiries about avalability?

i asked customer support they said their getting them back in stock (Chosen One) in 5 to 10 weeks.so thats good!

Vyk
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 156

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2016, 04:41:44 AM »

You could just place an order now and make a comment in the comments field that you need it by a certain date if possible and contact them after...I don't know if that countermands the backorder acknowledgement you do when making the order.

I'm not sure what their fabrication processes are like, though I'm assuming they usually work in chronological order...orders that come in first get fulfilled first where possible, making exceptions for orders they know they can fabricate and ship straight away (ie random grab bags, basic hilts that are in stock etc).
When choosing shipping for the order, you'll find an option that includes both Priority Overnight and rush fabrication.  This automatically moves you to the top of the queue (other than other rush orders)... but it's at a pretty steep cost.  I just quickly priced out a stunt Chosen One, and the rush option nearly doubled the price--$192.05.  Note that even that hefty sum doesn't mean there's not still a wait--until they have the parts, they can't build the saber.  It merely means that when the parts come in, you'll be first in line, and should have your saber within a few days.

Case in point being I have a couple of grab bags and the free initiate from the initiate giveaway season that just went past, but still waiting for my Consular, which I ordered back when the first Spring Raffle happened.
I have no concrete knowledge, but based on what I've observed I believe they have multiple independent production lines.  I strongly suspect that the basic hilts (Initiate, Apprentice, Dominix, Aeon, Sentinel, and possibly a few others) are produced completely separately from the higher-end hilts.  The basic hilts sell in high volume, yet require comparatively simple machining, so it would make sense to me if they do not compete with more complex hilts for machine time.

Yoda of Borg am I! Assimilated shall you be! Futile resistance is, hmm?

Dominix LE v4 Emerald RGBW, Obsidian v4
Manticore HP, Obsidian v4
Aeon LE v3 SY, Hasbro sound
Initiate LE v3 3AS, Obsidian Lite
Dominix LE v2 RGB, stunt
Aeon LE v2 AS, Hasbro sound
Initiate LE v2 GB, stunt
Dark Liberator v2 BR, stunt
[censored] RGBA, [redacted] sound
Luke Skywalker, Kylo Ren, and Yoda Force FX Black Series
...and a bunch of cheap stuff.

gpm
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 11

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2016, 02:41:14 PM »

Email worked for me.  [email protected] I got an answer in 48 hours.  Seems the Prophecy is gonna be awhile.  8-15 weeks before that hilt is back in stock then assembly will begin.  I just wonder if they have to hit a minimum order before the hilts are manufactured and then I wonder where my name lies on that list.

cheers

For the Light
Archon v2.1 C.G.
Initiate v3 A.S.

Vivectius
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2016, 02:51:17 PM »

Email worked for me.  [email protected] I got an answer in 48 hours.  Seems the Prophecy is gonna be awhile.  8-15 weeks before that hilt is back in stock then assembly will begin.  I just wonder if they have to hit a minimum order before the hilts are manufactured and then I wonder where my name lies on that list.

cheers

I guarantee you the Prophecy is a popular enough hilt that they would prefer to keep it in stock at all times.  I think I've seen at least twenty or so ordered for the current raffle.

The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life

gpm
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2016, 09:27:22 PM »

ahh bet that's it, figures I'd pick one of the more popular ones well here is to waiting. 
cheers

For the Light
Archon v2.1 C.G.
Initiate v3 A.S.

Musiclover221
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 33

The Force Will Be With You...Always

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2016, 11:33:33 PM »

I too want to also know what happens if you order a Chosen One CE when its on backorder, if I do will I be emailed when they get back in stock?How long did anyone have to wait to receive theirs?

Vivectius
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2016, 02:34:27 AM »

If you order it, you will be emailed when it ships to you (i.e. when it's done, not when US gets them back in stock).

If you want one I suggest ordering it, in stock or not.  Orders are filled on a first ordered, first filled basis.  So the longer you wait to order it, the longer you wait to get it.  And sabers won't be listed as being in stock until US has enough on hand to fill expected demand.  So if they fill all back orders, and have, say ten left over, they still won't list the saber as being available because those ten would sell out in a couple of hours.  Whereas if you ordered it while it's on back order, you'll get it filled as soon as they can, even if they don't have enough to list it as in stock.

Unknown to death
 Nor known to life

gpm
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2016, 02:58:40 PM »

Points to you Vivectius, thank you for the information.  Can't wait but gonna have to Smiley

For the Light
Archon v2.1 C.G.
Initiate v3 A.S.

Vyk
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 156

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2016, 05:12:42 PM »

Order a grab bag saber to hold you over while you wait.   Tongue

Yoda of Borg am I! Assimilated shall you be! Futile resistance is, hmm?

Dominix LE v4 Emerald RGBW, Obsidian v4
Manticore HP, Obsidian v4
Aeon LE v3 SY, Hasbro sound
Initiate LE v3 3AS, Obsidian Lite
Dominix LE v2 RGB, stunt
Aeon LE v2 AS, Hasbro sound
Initiate LE v2 GB, stunt
Dark Liberator v2 BR, stunt
[censored] RGBA, [redacted] sound
Luke Skywalker, Kylo Ren, and Yoda Force FX Black Series
...and a bunch of cheap stuff.

Pages: [1]   Go Up