Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: LED module?  (Read 2595 times)
DarKote
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 5

To the sith mobile!

« on: August 01, 2011, 10:20:33 PM »

I sent an email to Ultrasabers, inquiring about the LED module and if it came with the other side of the connection, so i could put quick disconnects into my SI. I received a response saying the module didnt work with the SI and that you cant put quick disconnects into the SI.
On the website (this page http://www.ultrasabers.com/product-p/led%20module.htm ) it says it works with the SI. Which one's wrong? Ultrasabers or their site?

Have:
Dark Standard Issue Staff-Fire orange

Want:
Phantasm Staff-Silver and Violet

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 10:50:02 PM »

I think the problem here is that you're talking about 2 different things:  the quick disconnect uses the MLS - modular LED system.  That's the other removable LED option, and it is wired to a little plug so you can just unplug it and plug a new one in and go.

The module you were looking at (which is indeed compatible with the SI) is not quick disconnect.  You can't just grab it, unhook your LED, hook it in and start dueling.  It is literally just a module with an LED mounted in it, and is used for saber building.  You actually attach the wires to the rest of the electronics, you can't just plug it in.  Hope that helped.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 10:52:40 PM »

I think the problem here is that you're talking about 2 different things:  the quick disconnect uses the MLS - modular LED system.  That's the other removable LED option, and it is wired to a little plug so you can just unplug it and plug a new one in and go.

The module you were looking at (which is indeed compatible with the SI) is not quick disconnect.  You can't just grab it, unhook your LED, hook it in and start dueling.  It is literally just a module with an LED mounted in it, and is used for saber building.  You actually attach the wires to the rest of the electronics, you can't just plug it in.  Hope that helped.

Yeah, what he said.  Cool

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Ex Nihilus
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -25

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 11:11:59 PM »

I think the problem here is that you're talking about 2 different things:  the quick disconnect uses the MLS - modular LED system.  That's the other removable LED option, and it is wired to a little plug so you can just unplug it and plug a new one in and go.

The module you were looking at (which is indeed compatible with the SI) is not quick disconnect.  You can't just grab it, unhook your LED, hook it in and start dueling.  It is literally just a module with an LED mounted in it, and is used for saber building.  You actually attach the wires to the rest of the electronics, you can't just plug it in.  Hope that helped.

I've wondered about this too, because both the LED module, and the MLS unit both say they can come with quick disconnects, which almost implies that you could install a quick disconnect system in any saber.

So wouldn't it make sense that if both LED systems can come with quick disconnects, that quick disconnects could therefore be installed in any saber as long as you've got the quick disconnect adapter already inside the hilt?

Liberator - Arctic Blue
[||___|___|o__|:|:|

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 11:35:40 PM »

We can put a QD on an LED module, and sure, anyone can put a QD system in a saber, but pre-installing quick disconnects in our inexpensive one-piece hilts is not something we offer right now.  Don't ask why, we have our reasons.

Ex Nihilus
Knight Ensign

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 01:53:16 AM »

Ok that's good to know!

Liberator - Arctic Blue

DarKote
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 5

To the sith mobile!

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2011, 03:05:25 AM »

We can put a QD on an LED module, and sure, anyone can put a QD system in a saber, but pre-installing quick disconnects in our inexpensive one-piece hilts is not something we offer right now.  Don't ask why, we have our reasons.

So if I do get the module, with QD, but QD isn't in my saber, I can still install QD in my saber and use it if I just get the other side of the connector from somewhere?

Have:
Dark Standard Issue Staff-Fire orange

Want:
Phantasm Staff-Silver and Violet

Ex Nihilus
Knight Ensign

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2011, 05:45:17 AM »

It comes with both connectors, or at lest that's my understanding of it.

Liberator - Arctic Blue

Nyte
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -27

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2011, 05:52:13 AM »

So if I do get the module, with QD, but QD isn't in my saber, I can still install QD in my saber and use it if I just get the other side of the connector from somewhere?

When I ordered MLS units for my saber, they came with both connectors. The one on the unit itself, and the other connector hooked up to two separate 10" wires.

Shock LE - GB x2
Dark Prophecy - BR
Bellicose - Obsidian, blue AV, QD
Consular - Obsidian, blue AV, QD
Dark War Glaive - Obsidian, red AV, QD
Archon V2 - Obsidian, green AV, QD
CG, BR, VA, GB, FO, SRD MLS units

Goldleader
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 124

I am a humble student of the force

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2012, 07:18:57 AM »

So... dumb question.. excuse me im blonde in the head, so if i have a bellicose, with quick disconnect installed, and i buy the LED module with the quick disconnect, it will fit? it wont rattle or anything? or will i have to specify something in my order? once again.. sorry.. this is one thing iv never tried before, just want to be sure everything checks out

))]____o_))))))|_]=[|                               )

My Collection:
Savior/Obsidian
Archon/Obsidian
Arbiter/Obsidian
Bellicose/Obsidian
...and a whole lot of stunts...

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2012, 12:04:24 PM »

So... dumb question.. excuse me im blonde in the head, so if i have a bellicose, with quick disconnect installed, and i buy the LED module with the quick disconnect, it will fit? it wont rattle or anything? or will i have to specify something in my order? once again.. sorry.. this is one thing iv never tried before, just want to be sure everything checks out

If you have a Bellicose, you want to buy an MLS unit, not an LED module.  The LED module goes in many of the older stunt hilts, whereas the MLS unit is used for the higher end hilts (Bellicose, Bane, Consular, etc).

Goldleader
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 124

I am a humble student of the force

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2012, 04:00:03 PM »

Ok awsome! thanks!!

))]____o_))))))|_]=[|                               )

My Collection:
Savior/Obsidian
Archon/Obsidian
Arbiter/Obsidian
Bellicose/Obsidian
...and a whole lot of stunts...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: