Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: FOC choice for adegan silver saber  (Read 1623 times)
DarknessConcept
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: July 17, 2012, 05:37:10 PM »

Hello all. I'm having trouble finalizing my options before taking the plunge on my first Ultrasaber and was hoping that forum regulars and owners alike could offer advice and or insight. I have chosen Adegan Silver as my primary blade color and intend to add the flash on clash option. From examples I have seen, Adegan Silver makes a good FOC color choice as it makes the primary color appear to "flare up" before returning to its normal color, truly giving the effect of the blade flashing.  I have seen examples where a sabers primary color was say blue and the foc was red. I didnt particularly care for this effect because instead of flashing or flaring up on clash it simply "popped" to another primary color then returned again. I cannot decide what FOC color would give a flash effect when the primary is silver. I thought maybe Arctic Blue due to its lighter / whiter hue. I also like the idea of Sunrider's Destiny being the FOC color and am currently leaning this way but my question is this: if the secondary color (SRD) is darker than the primary (AS) does the overall clash effect make the blade appear to "dim" upon impact and if so, does this (in your opinion) create a convincing clash effect? I tried very hard to find an example of a silver blade with Sunrider's FOC to make the judgment myself but have come up empty handed. Does anyone know where I can see an example of this, maybe a review on youtube that I missed? Thank you in advance for your time and opinions.

-DC

Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -323

Galactic basic you nerfherder! Do you speak it!?

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 05:54:07 PM »

Adgen silver with a FOC is a tough pick since as you stated silver is usually chosen as a FOC color. I myself haven't seen Silver with any foc colors, but I'll keep my eyes peeled. If I were you I would get yellow since yellow being a bright mellow color  would give a more believable FOC effect for Aegean silver in my opinion.  Undecided 

Here are some Foc video of other colors http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=5612.0

Ill try to look for more.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 06:09:13 PM by Moderator Big Boss » Logged

One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss.-BIG BASS

Lord Cooler
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -80

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 06:51:35 PM »

Well, it depends on what kind of effect you prefer. Sentinel Yellow/Fire Orange would give it a more intense effect, while Artic Blue/Sunrider's Destiny would be a more subtle one. Personally I'd go with AB/SRD. Another good option would be Violet Amethyst, at least I think it would...

RGB Raven "Stalker"
BR Overlord "Doombringer"
GB Prophecy "Salvation"
BR Malice "Reaver"
SRD Bellicose "Protector"
DVA Dominix v3 LE "Corruption"
GB Raven "Azure"

haldir
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 32

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 07:27:59 PM »

ya maybe SRD, fire orange, or sentinel yellow would still make it look like a "clash" and not just a color change.  thats just a guess though because i have not actually seen these in person.  i know the viloet amythest is pretty light but i would stay away from the purple i just dont picture that having the "clash" look. what about flashing green or red to reveal the jedi or sith?

Big Andy
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -173

Dark side points please.

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 07:29:34 PM »

I would personally go with Sentinel Yellow as the foc. It's the closest in color to Adegan Silver. DarknessConcept, I would be hesitant to go with any of the other colors because it would probably create the popping effect that you mentioned. The thing with Sunriders is that it is almost sea green in person. And the problem I personally would have with Arctic Blue is that while its a lighter blue, it's still very much blue. But this is just my opinion.

The Jedi are simple minded fools who try to avoid there feeling when feelings are the path of true power. The Sith on the other hand are just as foolish in only using anger to fuel there power. To unlock true power one must utilize all of one's emotions.

Big Andy
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -173

Dark side points please.

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 07:11:15 AM »

Sorry for the double post and all but I just came across this review. While watching it ask yourself, What color should this flash?

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=7935.0

The Jedi are simple minded fools who try to avoid there feeling when feelings are the path of true power. The Sith on the other hand are just as foolish in only using anger to fuel there power. To unlock true power one must utilize all of one's emotions.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: