Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: New saber  (Read 1436 times)
CbrS*
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -23

Fear is my ally!

« on: July 17, 2012, 09:00:23 PM »

Hello everyone!

Last week i got my first grab bag saber, the Liberator and i just love it soo much!

Only one problem..its heavy on the pommel side, and its just a little too heavy to be able to properly spin with it. Now i have searched and viewed some very useful video reviews (i thank everyone for that!) and my conclusion is that id like to have a Prophecy.

Now i would like some sound in it, because i have the feeling im missing out on something if i would not have it so i have 2 questions:

1)
Are there different weighted pommels? If yes does anyone know which are the lightest, both with and without sound opening?

2)
The obsidian soundboard obviously is going to add weight to the hilt, is that really noticeable or just a little bit.

Also when ordering i might get different blades too so i can test various set ups.

Thanks in advance!

CbrS*

Let's talk about fight
Let's talk about misery
Let's talk about hate
There's no way
Take over of power
While forgetting reality
Spill blood on fire
For life and beyond grave

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 09:07:32 PM »

Just thought I should point this out, but the Liberator is a VERY light saber, it's noticeably lighter than my Initiate V3 and DSI V2, both of which are light. Just a bit of info for you, but I haven't dealt with anything to do with either of the two actual questions, sorry Grin

no

BenPass
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 09:12:37 PM »

I personally don't find any weight difference at all between the standard vented pommel and the Arbiter pommel. There may be a TINY bit, but if so, it's negligible. As User said, the V2 Libby is very light (from what I've heard). I know that my V3 Libby and my V3 Dark Prophecy are around the same...the Dark Prophecy may be a little heavier TBH. As to the Obsidian board, it feels lighter than a pack of Reactine (again, to me). Hope that helps a bit

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

CbrS*
Knight Lieutenant

Fear is my ally!

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 09:22:24 PM »

Thanks for the fast reply both of you =)

Yeah it could be that the "heavy" problem is on my side but i just want to make sure i get the lightest out of a saber, thus wondering if the pommels are different in weight.

and if i cannot wield it in one hand then im bound to two handed combat.

Also another weird question maybe, but where do i input coupon codes? is that after i put it in the cart? i cannot do it on the "assembly" screen.

CbrS*

Let's talk about fight
Let's talk about misery
Let's talk about hate
There's no way
Take over of power
While forgetting reality
Spill blood on fire

Veldryne
The Second Chosen One
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 268

" Kind hearted jerk"

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 09:28:05 PM »

yeah the liberator v2 is one of the lightest hilts they have, im blown away by how light it is compared to all my other hilts

i actually find it unusable, i dont have one myself but three of the guys in our group have them, and one has a v3, i find the v3 much more comfortable because it does have a bit of heft to it at least

"Corellians... no wonder the other Jedi didn't want you leaving your system."
"The rest of you were just afraid we wouldn't leave anything for you to do after we were done."
Luke & Corran (I,J)

CbrS*
Knight Lieutenant

Fear is my ally!

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2012, 09:37:51 PM »

Hehe sounds like i need some practising then or just become the two handed master =P

Fact is i have some problem with muscle and joints, thus searching for the lightest there is, but if you all say (and you are pro!!) that the one i have is already the lightest then i need to adapt with my next one, the Prophecy.

Im really amazed about how helpfull everyone is, and i thank you for that. Maybe you've all been there but not everyone seems to have respect for these kind of things, making fun of it and stuff. Ignorant fools if you ask me, i dont laugh about their stuff either, but allas nothing to do about it. Just glad i can talk here all day long about how cool sabers are xD

So about the color i was thinking Arctic Blue, because that reminds me of the colo Starkiller uses in the game and it just looks like it rips you open in seconds. Together with a silver Prophecy hilt...should be amazing!

Thanks again all!

CbrS*

Let's talk about fight
Let's talk about misery
Let's talk about hate
There's no way
Take over of power
While forgetting reality
Spill blood on fire

Veldryne
The Second Chosen One
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 268

" Kind hearted jerk"

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2012, 09:40:14 PM »

meh everyone laughs at the lightsaber till they hold one, dont worry bout the naysayers out there

"Corellians... no wonder the other Jedi didn't want you leaving your system."
"The rest of you were just afraid we wouldn't leave anything for you to do after we were done."
Luke & Corran (I,J)

haldir
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 32

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2012, 12:03:18 AM »

what kind of blade are you using? i have personally found the initiate v3 with the 32'' mid grade blade to balance perfectly for easy spinning and control with one handed dueling.  the V3 is just long enough to use 2 hands also so its quite versatile.

CbrS*
Knight Lieutenant

Fear is my ally!

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2012, 02:01:35 AM »

I have a mid grade 36" blade. that was the option on it. Can i give ultra sabers a request on how long the blade id like to have? I looked in the store at the blade section and i dont see 32". shortest i see is 24" initiate blades.

CbrS*

Let's talk about fight
Let's talk about misery
Let's talk about hate
There's no way
Take over of power
While forgetting reality
Spill blood on fire

haldir
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 32

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2012, 02:11:30 AM »

yes, you can request to have the blade cut to a different length in the comment box.  (also, when you order staff's, 32'' is one of the options available for blade length)

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2012, 01:13:17 PM »

Good call on the 32" blade, that's nice to have if you're looking to wield this Prophecy mostly single handed.  Plus since it's shorter, you actually get a bit more brightness out of the blade!

Great choice on the saber too... Arctic Blue on the silver Prophecy hilt is gonna look amazing.

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2012, 01:56:27 PM »

Good call on the 32" blade, that's nice to have if you're looking to wield this Prophecy mostly single handed.  Plus since it's shorter, you actually get a bit more brightness out of the blade!

Great choice on the saber too... Arctic Blue on the silver Prophecy hilt is gonna look amazing.

Truth. I have VA silver Proph and I love it. AB being my favorite color I can tell you personally that you made an excellent choice!

CbrS*
Knight Lieutenant

Fear is my ally!

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2012, 04:48:16 PM »

Thanks everyone!!

Plans are as follows, i want a "set" of Prophecy hilts in the future, to start with this, the silver with AB. Im going with obsidian sound

After that i might go for the black or nickel one. and after that what left of either of them ^^ I love these hilts so much, they give somekind of special feeling, more that the other very nice and cool designs.

Now correct me if im wrong, but say once i have more that one Prophecy and buy a pommel that makes them connect to each other i could make a staff with 2 prophecy's right? That would be so damn cool!!

Might make my order today...im excited at the least xD

Greetings,

CbrS*

Let's talk about fight
Let's talk about misery
Let's talk about hate
There's no way
Take over of power
While forgetting reality
Spill blood on fire

Vex
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -402

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2012, 05:36:12 PM »

A Prophacy staff in AB would be awesome!

dark side points please

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: