Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: new Ultrasabers LED module with quick disconnect  (Read 4000 times)
JdiKnhtJMH
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 262

Jedi Weapons Master

« on: April 14, 2011, 08:38:50 AM »

So, this is a new product, or an old one depending on how you look at it. It's new in the sense that it's just become available and has a really, really cool new feature, but it's old in the sense that it's the same quality item we've always gotten from US in our sabers. To start out with, this thing is great. I do a little of my own work, especially the conversions, and so I often need an LED and a blade. The previous option was to get a grab bag saber, but now with this, I can do it cheaper and without gutting a perfectly good saber as well. This is the cheapest way I can think of to do a Force FX conversion yourself.

The only color I've ever gotten from one of these is consular green, but I can say with no doubt that this color looks just as good as any of my stock ultrasabers. One thing to be cautious of is to make sure you buy the right battery pack for the LED you're using. the 4AAA usually works for most, but check with Ultra or Deep when you order to make sure either to buy one that matches or that you have one that'll work.

You can see in this pic the main parts - the LED lens and LED assembly (big aluminum guy) This is the same piece you'll find on most standard ultrasabers. Then theres some short wires coming out of it to the first black disconnect plug, then the second disconnect plug, and then some longer wires so that you can pull the assembly out of your saber, disconnect the two plugs, and switch in an LED within seconds, rather than having to spend a long time taking apart the saber and splicing wires. This is awesome!

Here's the quick disconnect part attached, the two black pieces plug right into eachother and are held in place by the latch.

Here it is opened up. You press down on the long black latch piece and you can pull the pieces apart.

All in all I love this item, and will be buying one to put in my Obi Wan TPM!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 09:03:55 AM by JdiKnhtJMH » Logged

Arsenal with Obsidian Sound And Silver Flash on Clash:

Kylo Ren Flamberge, Dark War Glaive, Reaper w/ Dornian pommel, Bane, Menace, Vader Prophecy, Darth Sidious Initiate V4
Dorinian, Obi Wan ROTS Archon, Regal Mantis, Spectre, Anakin AOTC Prophecy
Consular, Dark Shock, Yoda Initiate, Luke ROTJ Archon, Kit Fisto Menace
RGB: Bellicose Staff, Raven, Manticore Staff, Emerald Catalyst
Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand

Darkhorse V
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -56

Darkhorse V | Hunted by Jedi - Hated by Sith

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 06:52:52 PM »

Thanks for the pix!  I think I will be ordering one of these on a new Raven - now to decide what the second color will be...

Sabers:.
(__=o=_/PYRESTONE SS DARK PROPHECY)
(__=o=_\PYRESTONE SS DARK PROPHECY)

(__=o=_/BLAZING RED PVC PROPHECY)
((_(((_o((_/ADEGAN SILVER SS STANDARD ISSUE)
(_((((_o(_{---PYRESTONE SS RAVEN w/OBSIDIAN)

Stopher
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 10:55:31 AM »

Yes these look very Tasty. Some of the Sabers with RGB start to look out of proportion so this si definetly a great option to have. Do these fit in the Shocks? I don't see a quick disconnect option on the order page, so this is why I ask.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: