Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Help a first timer out?  (Read 923 times)
Turt1eb
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: March 12, 2012, 06:06:13 AM »

So I have been banging my head against a wall trying to decide what saber to get. I am considering building my own, and I have already picked an emitter, body, and pommel. The problem is, I have no idea what electronics I need, or how to install them. Any help would be wonderful.

Note: I am not interested in sound. I just want the light to come on and the blade to fit.

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 06:18:38 AM »

For Electronics, you need an LED Module, a Latching Switch, and a Battery Pack. You'll also need soldering equipment, a little wire, and some heat shrink. Smiley In all honesty, I would advise that you not try to put the electronics together yourself without help from someone experienced with soldering and basic wiring, just to be safe. You might try shooting an email to [email protected] asking politely if there is any way you could purchase the combination of parts you want for your saber and have them assemble it for you. With MHS parts, it's not hard to swap out pommels and emitters on different bodies, and I know there are several hilts on the site with multiple pommel options right off the bat. Just let them know which body, pommel, and emitter you would like with what LED color, and they should reply to you within a day or two letting you know if it will be possible for them to do that.

Of course, I can't predict their answer with absolute certainty, but given my experiences and those of others, I'd be willing to bet they'd help you out like that. Smiley

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Duff Man
The Double Triple X 4 + Fish OG of Randomness Version 2.7 of part 9 = Bacon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -358

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 08:29:25 AM »

A basic wire job is really not too hard (parts listed above).  Here is the community standard video for a basic saber wire job
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s322OZ6GEtE" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s322OZ6GEtE</a>

Soldering is fairly easy.  just start by soldering loose wire pieces together for practice. 

Ultra Saber SI Staff:Guardian Blue
Ultra Saber Redemption:SRD
Ultra Saber Dominix V2 LE:Dark VA
MR Construction Kit:RGB

Aus_Jedi_Killer
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 3

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 09:14:31 AM »

I find it helps to be able to look at an actual picture rather than just a diagram aswell Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: