Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Author Topic: Why We hate Justin Bieber/Why We love him.  (Read 11672 times)
Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2013, 06:38:20 PM »

I thought it was a good comparison. Both forms of music were created simply for entertainment purposes, so philosophical or thought-provoking lyrics aren't really necessary. I wasn't aiming to compare the music itself, just the lyrics.

Incorrect.

The Eiffel 65 song was created specifically as a dance song, meaning that the words are irrelevant and the beat is what matters. The words are there for window dressing more than anything else.

Justin Bieber is billed as a teen pop singer, so the lyrics (or lack thereof in his case) are more important (and that is why he sucks).

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2013, 08:03:25 PM »

Incorrect.

The Eiffel 65 song was created specifically as a dance song, meaning that the words are irrelevant and the beat is what matters. The words are there for window dressing more than anything else.

Justin Bieber is billed as a teen pop singer, so the lyrics (or lack thereof in his case) are more important (and that is why he sucks).

Well said, well said... you get a point.

no

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2013, 08:25:09 PM »

So Beiber was caught smoking marijuana, who cares, right?

His fans care so much they are cutting themselves in a protest to get him to stop smoking it.

WTF?!

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Luna
Knight Commander

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2013, 08:35:39 PM »

His fans care so much they are cutting themselves in a protest to get him to stop smoking it.

WTF?!

No faith left in humanity. Time to be depressed.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 08:41:50 PM by Luna » Logged

no

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2013, 09:28:08 PM »

Incorrect.

Exactly. Every artist has a few songs that have lyrics that are just there so the song has lyrics, whether it be a dance song or whatever.

I'm Blue(as mentioned earlier) is one. Heck, Chris Cornell admitted tat the lyrics from Black Hole Sun didn't mean anything at all, he just wrote them cause he needed lyrics for the music. Same with Loser by Beck.

Sometimes these songs become popular(like my above examples), but usually they're just kind of there. Maybe just so the album has enough songs to make it an album. XD.

But Bieber's songs ALL have meaningless simple lyrics.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2013, 11:52:26 PM »

Incorrect.

Wrong.

That doesn't change the fact that his music is intended for little kids and young teens. Because of this, his lyrics can be very simple, and they are. It's ridiculous to expect adults to like the lyrics, because these songs aren't meant for them. How is it fair to criticize his lyrics? Imagine if a little kid read Dune. It's complex, and of course he/she would complain, but the book was never intended for their age group.

WTF?!

His fans are little kids. They don't know any better. Blame the parents, not the kids.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 12:00:50 AM by TheHobbitofDune » Logged

RogueLeader
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 162

Apathy is death?...meh, I don't care

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2013, 11:53:09 PM »

WTF?!

What is this world coming to?

I hope he wrecks his voice from smoking all that weed and we can have our music industry back.

I have a Sith's opinion of the Jedi and a Jedi's opinion of the Sith.

Light side points pl

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2013, 01:49:19 AM »

What is this world coming to?

I hope he wrecks his voice from smoking all that weed and we can have our music industry back.

Good luck with that.  Pop music died when they allowed all the lip syncing to occur in the 90's.  I say stick with heavy metal or instrumental. 

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Luna
Knight Commander

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2013, 01:56:36 AM »

Wrong.

That doesn't change the fact that his music is intended for little kids and young teens. Because of this, his lyrics can be very simple, and they are. It's ridiculous to expect adults to like the lyrics, because these songs aren't meant for them. How is it fair to criticize his lyrics? Imagine if a little kid read Dune. It's complex, and of course he/she would complain, but the book was never intended for their age group.

His fans are little kids. They don't know any better. Blame the parents, not the kids.

It isn't aimed at little kids, it's aimed at teenage girls who should be functioning at an adult level, or at least nearly so....

no

Jammo
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 326

Hawk-Bat Leader

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2013, 02:11:13 AM »

Just another exercise in mass marketing... most fans couldn't even come up with a well thought out response if you asked them what they like about the kid.

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2013, 02:17:07 AM »

It isn't aimed at little kids, it's aimed at teenage girls who should be functioning at an adult level, or at least nearly so....

It is. Most of his fans are little kids or pre-teens. There are a couple of older teens, sure, but seriously, no teenager functions like an adult. None of them are mature enough to.

Luna
Knight Commander

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2013, 02:35:28 AM »

Just another exercise in mass marketing... most fans couldn't even come up with a well thought out response if you asked them what they like about the kid.

Most pop music is just a marketing campaign.

It is. Most of his fans are little kids or pre-teens. There are a couple of older teens, sure, but seriously, no teenager functions like an adult. None of them are mature enough to.

You must know much more intellectual people than I do... I know at least two dozen girls in their mid to late teens (15, 16, 17, 18, 19) who have "Bieber fever" (you know, whoever came up with that name might've been on to something...).

no

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2013, 03:15:46 AM »

Most pop music is just a marketing campaign.

You must know much more intellectual people than I do... I know at least two dozen girls in their mid to late teens (15, 16, 17, 18, 19) who have "Bieber fever" (you know, whoever came up with that name might've been on to something...).

Well, most people in Oregon can't take him seriously, so I suppose that would make sense Grin

Jammo
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 326

Hawk-Bat Leader

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2013, 12:14:48 PM »

I think Mr Yin took a couple points from me... is he a Bieber fan?

Faa-Yal Dragu
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 111

Jedi knight, wandcrafter, heathen

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2013, 01:38:40 PM »

hmmm...

justin bieber. talentless, useless and yet still seems to have women wrapped round his finger.

if that is what it took, being a talantless pratt to get that much women, id say he is onto something. maybe he is the clever one, and knows that he does smeg all and take the piss, yet is rolling in money and other luxuries. maybe he is laughing at us laughing at him...

...nah. he is not that clever. he actually thinks he is gods gift, therefore i must challenge him to a lightsaber duel and teach him a lesson.

my jedi ways do not count when it comes to him. nothing does.

The jedi only use their powers to defend and protect,
although (waves hand) You will give me lightside points.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: