Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1297105 times)
Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #1530 on: October 22, 2015, 04:51:52 AM »

"Why were the curtains blue?"

Author: "Seriously? THAT'S your question after reading my story? Well the curtains were blue, because I like blue curtains, and I felt they would go well with the rest of the room decor described in that setting, plus I was writing it in blue ink, so when I asked myself 'what color should the curtains be?' I saw the blue ink and went 'blue works.' So there you have it, the curtains are blue because I write in blue ink and like blue curtains."

Holy crap, I feel like that when I'm asked, "Why did you say/do this incredibly mundane thing that I am now choosing to over analyze and make assumptions for?"

It's like this ridiculous example that didn't actually happen:

WHY did I say the weather is nice?  Because it's freakin' SUNNY outside and I like the damn sun, okay.  No, I'm not making some mysterious reference to how your personality is gloomy and I can't stand to be around you because I prefer the sun.  The sun is not some analogy for the type of person I prefer.

I just like the glowing ball of fire in the sky, dammit!   Cheesy

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #1531 on: October 22, 2015, 03:13:24 PM »

My buddy and I are writing a sci fi novel and we've already figured out our responses to certain questions.

"Out of curiosity, why did you give the ship this certain feature? Is it to increase the aerodynamic capabilities when in atmosphere? Potential future additions?"

"Actually, we did it because it looked cool in the 3D model."

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #1532 on: October 22, 2015, 06:25:42 PM »

Holy crap, I feel like that when I'm asked, "Why did you say/do this incredibly mundane thing that I am now choosing to over analyze and make assumptions for?"

It's like this ridiculous example that didn't actually happen:

WHY did I say the weather is nice?  Because it's freakin' SUNNY outside and I like the damn sun, okay.  No, I'm not making some mysterious reference to how your personality is gloomy and I can't stand to be around you because I prefer the sun.  The sun is not some analogy for the type of person I prefer.

I just like the glowing ball of fire in the sky, dammit!   Cheesy

Actually, I can't stand to be around you because of this conversation....not because of the sun.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1533 on: October 22, 2015, 08:26:37 PM »

Or maybe, ones grasp of the English language and their ability/inability to effectively communicate led to the following instance:

"The curtains were blue."  Do you mean to say, the curtains ONCE were blue and now they are a different color?  Undecided  OR maybe they are color blind and thought the curtains were blue but, in reality they were green?  Lips sealed  Regardless, the "freakin' curtains were BLUE! Wink
Some days, I listen to people over analyze the hell out of everything and I can't help but think of this analogy:

"The curtains were blue."

What your English teacher thinks:  The blue of the curtain represents his immense depression and his lack of will to carry on.

What the author meant:  The curtains were freakin' blue.

Seriously, sometimes the damn curtains are just blue and there isn't a "reason" or a "hidden meaning" in everything a person says and does.  Go outside. 
Those curtains are long gone.  Wrong color period.   End of entertaining story.   Grin
"Why were the curtains blue?"

Author: "Seriously? THAT'S your question after reading my story? Well the curtains were blue, because I like blue curtains, and I felt they would go well with the rest of the room decor described in that setting, plus I was writing it in blue ink, so when I asked myself 'what color should the curtains be?' I saw the blue ink and went 'blue works.' So there you have it, the curtains are blue because I write in blue ink and like blue curtains."

I prefer blinds.

My buddy and I are writing a sci fi novel and we've already figured out our responses to certain questions.

"Out of curiosity, why did you give the ship this certain feature? Is it to increase the aerodynamic capabilities when in atmosphere? Potential future additions?"

"Actually, we did it because it looked cool in the 3D model."

I did something similar in a self-portrait once. In the sky, in the distance is a single sheet of loose-leaf note book paper. Why? Just to get those over-analytical artsy-fartsy a-holes to ponder a random detail that has no meaning or significance. (Well, other than I'm ADHD and while I was coloring in the sky a random right angle occurred of proportionate size to a sheet of paper, giving me the idea to throw in a superfluous detail.) Roll Eyes I'm not crazy
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 08:33:08 PM by Darth Logos » Logged

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Genkaku Sho`shyk
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 141

only the force, nothing more, nothing less

« Reply #1534 on: October 28, 2015, 04:10:32 AM »

not to change ther current subject but.... OMFG!!!! IM SO CLOSE TO GETTING OFF THIS ACURSED SCOOTER AND ON A REAL BIKE!!!.... but none of the listings on craigslist will respond.... thus, im stuck ... looking at a bike across state.... but only if the dealer will lower his price by $500..... ugh... im so close.... ((i wanna cry right now im soo close...))   

i feel very close to goting crazy... im just not about to drop $1,899 on a 1995 honda nighthawk 750 with 45k miles, and a 3h36m drive just to look at it and take it for a spin to make sure the gears and all are working right...

almost tempted to go to the local honda dealer and ask if i might sequester one of thier mechanics, or a mechanic from a dealer in tampa, to go take a look at the bike to get a dealership read out on the mechanical status of a bike that old, thats been on a lot for 2 years.... yea, i would be happy to pay the honda mechanic to do that, probly wont happe.... but..

anyways, i just had to say it to someone... sitting in my room unable to fall asleep is just... ughhh

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #1535 on: October 28, 2015, 06:58:20 PM »

My red flag would be why has this old bike been sitting on a lot for so long and not sold.  The dealer should be happy to take the $500 hit just to get rid of it unless he thinks that doing so would indicate a worn out lemon/fixer upper.  Glad to read that you are oh so close but don't let enthusiasm and desire cloud your better judgment.  Hope a reliable bike comes your way soon.    Smiley
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 07:01:21 PM by Dauntless Seven » Logged

magik0012
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 107

« Reply #1536 on: November 05, 2015, 08:33:20 PM »

This isn't exactly venting.. but it kind of is..

I'm looking at an auction on Ebay for a Raven.. for $700.00  ?!?! If I spec one out in the US shop exactly as they list it, the saber comes out to $329 + shipping..

I kind of want to call them out on this..

Never give up! Never surrender!

Archon v3 (Emerald RGBA + v4 sound), Graflex SE (GB + v3 sound), Chosen One SE (BR + v3 sound), Manticore (VA + v3 sound), Flamberge v2 (FO + v4 sound, dis-assembled and lightly kitbashed), 

Aeon LE v4 (stunt CG), Dark Prophecy x2 (being re-customized) (stunt BR & DVA or VA),

Dark Arbiter (Disassembled), Overlord (Disassembled)
Dark Liberator (BR w v3 sound - gifted away), Dark Sentinel LE v4 (AB w v3 sound - gifted away)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1537 on: November 05, 2015, 08:35:50 PM »

I'm looking at an auction on Ebay for a Raven.. for $700.00  ?!?! If I spec one out in the US shop exactly as they list it, the saber comes out to $329 + shipping..

I say do it. I hate when people take advantage of the uninformed.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #1538 on: November 05, 2015, 11:53:23 PM »

I'm looking at an auction on Ebay for a Raven.. for $700.00  ?!?! If I spec one out in the US shop exactly as they list it, the saber comes out to $329 + shipping..

I saw it, it's an absolute rip-off. I called someone else out on the specs they stated for the sale of an Azure Omen because I knew better and you weren't getting what was described.
The seller did thank me and we had a decent chat about it.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1539 on: November 06, 2015, 09:46:49 PM »

I saw it, it's an absolute rip-off. I called someone else out on the specs they stated for the sale of an Azure Omen because I knew better and you weren't getting what was described.
The seller did thank me and we had a decent chat about it.

Have your 300th point for being a mensch.

Sig by For Tyeth

hazard502
Knight Commander

« Reply #1540 on: November 07, 2015, 12:07:15 AM »

Ha thanks Logos!

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #1541 on: November 07, 2015, 05:54:29 PM »

I fell asleep watching Netflix last eve.  Woke up this AM with computer still on and monitor in sleep mode.  Decided to get on to the US site.  Suddenly the screen went black.  Fine wafting smoke coming out from the back vents.  Quickly disconnected everything.  Let cool down and tried again but as expected the monitor was dead.  Luckily didn't start a fire or something. 

Finally found my purchase bill.  To my dumb luck monitor was a month over a year and in a cheap moment I did not purchase the extra warranty.  I always do and have never had to use one.  Now instead of taking back to store for any easy replacement, am out a 27" screen.  Good news is that I didn't give my 23" one away.  But it sure seems small compared to the other.

The lesson from my story is don't be a tight wad and spend the extra $20.00 or so on a warranty for more costly computer stuff.   Cry   Does anyone know if the power cord with adapter box is safe to use for some other match or is it also toasted ?

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #1542 on: November 07, 2015, 10:25:26 PM »

I fell asleep watching Netflix last eve.  Woke up this AM with computer still on and monitor in sleep mode.  Decided to get on to the US site.  Suddenly the screen went black.  Fine wafting smoke coming out from the back vents.  Quickly disconnected everything.  Let cool down and tried again but as expected the monitor was dead.  Luckily didn't start a fire or something. 

Finally found my purchase bill.  To my dumb luck monitor was a month over a year and in a cheap moment I did not purchase the extra warranty.  I always do and have never had to use one.  Now instead of taking back to store for any easy replacement, am out a 27" screen.  Good news is that I didn't give my 23" one away.  But it sure seems small compared to the other.

The lesson from my story is don't be a tight wad and spend the extra $20.00 or so on a warranty for more costly computer stuff.   Cry   Does anyone know if the power cord with adapter box is safe to use for some other match or is it also toasted ?

Just be glad you can replace that relatively cheaply and easily. I just had a similar problem with my laptop, which means I'm currently shopping for a new one.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #1543 on: November 07, 2015, 11:10:02 PM »

Sorry to hear about yours TJ.  Mine was a $400 hit and a $50 warranty would have given me a new one.  I really dislike this older and smaller monitor.  Have been trying to fix the colors etc, but the pixel count sucks big time.  Boo Samsung x2.   Angry

And to top it off, I was watching The Clone Wars.  Was contemplating on getting the whole set  as Costco presently selling for a good price or to just watch on Netflix.  Now it's a new large monitor or a new saber.    Undecided

hazard502
Knight Commander

« Reply #1544 on: November 07, 2015, 11:15:14 PM »

Sorry to hear about yours TJ.  Mine was a $400 hit and a $50 warranty would have given me a new one.  I really dislike this older and smaller monitor.  Have been trying to fix the colors etc, but the pixel count sucks big time.  Boo Samsung x2.   Angry

And to top it off, I was watching The Clone Wars.  Was contemplating on getting the whole set  as Costco presently selling for a good price or to just watch on Netflix.  Now it's a new large monitor or a new saber.    Undecided

Sucks D7! Esp when you were in the middle of something. As an aside I'd vouch for the whole series on disc, netflix is convenient but it may not always be available. Plus the set is just nice to have as a fan.

Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: