Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Author Topic: Batman vs Darth Vader: Superhero Beatdown  (Read 11203 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« on: March 02, 2017, 12:14:40 AM »

A fun little fan made film from the suphero beatdown series. They did two endings to the film and, much like A Death in the Family back in the 80s, fans voted on who they think would win this fight. This is the alternative version.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3tC8TPh9oQ" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3tC8TPh9oQ</a>

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 01:15:53 AM »

I love Super Power Beatdown.  Great series.  This is definitely a cool episode.  I like the ones where the vote is so close that they do alternate versions.  They also did Spider-Man VS Darth Maul and much, much earlier, Darth Vader VS Gandalf.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 01:18:03 AM »

I love Super Power Beatdown.  Great series.  This is definitely a cool episode.  I like the ones where the vote is so close that they do alternate versions.  They also did Spider-Man VS Darth Maul and much, much earlier, Darth Vader VS Gandalf.
As I said in the write-up, this IS the alternate version.  Grin

I think the most recent one they did was Wolverine vs Wonder Woman. That was awesome.

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 01:49:44 AM »

I think the most recent one they did was Wolverine vs Wonder Woman. That was awesome.

Oh man, that particular one was brutal.

I dare say that was the most graphic one to date. Both the original ending and especially the alternate ending.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2017, 01:51:27 AM »

Yep, most recent one was Wolverine VS WW.  Two endings to that one too.  The next one will be Batman Beyond VS Spider-Man 2099.

As I said in the write-up, this IS the alternate version.  Grin

I know, I read that.  I was just saying I like that.  They definitely go all out with these things.  Since the production values are so high, they're probably shooting them while the voting is still up, so they probably shoot both versions anyway.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2017, 01:52:13 AM »

Oh man, that particular one was brutal.

I dare say that was the most graphic one to date. Both the original ending and especially the alternate ending.
There's an alternative ending to Wolvie vs Wonder Woman? Didn't realise that. Thanks for the heads up Jev. I'm off to go have a watch

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2017, 01:57:58 AM »

There's an alternative ending to Wolvie vs Wonder Woman? Didn't realise that. Thanks for the heads up Jev. I'm off to go have a watch

Oh yeah, you definitely need to watch that one.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2017, 02:02:10 AM »

Just watched it. The ending was great. Reminded me of an issue of Lobo and also Ultimate Hulk vs Wolverine. All good stuff.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2017, 12:32:24 PM »

As I said in the write-up, this IS the alternate version.  Grin

The Actress they got to play Wonder Woman was damn near dead on.  If you got her, the guy who does Batman on the Beat Down videos and Tyler Hoechlin as Superman....I would watch that film in a heart beat.

Then there is this....

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2017, 03:27:23 PM »

The Actress they got to play Wonder Woman was damn near dead on.

I find their casting is usually dead on.  They tend to cast a lot of stunt performers/martial artists, which is great.  No Hollywood casting, so you don't get too thin or too pretty heroes and villains, you get them as you'd expect them to look.  They're believable.

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2017, 03:32:52 PM »

I find their casting is usually dead on.  They tend to cast a lot of stunt performers/martial artists, which is great.  No Hollywood casting, so you don't get too thin or too pretty heroes and villains, you get them as you'd expect them to look.  They're believable.

I always found it awesome that they use Jason David Franks to play the Green Ranger or White Ranger.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2017, 03:44:46 PM »

The premise behind this entire series is great and so simple, and something many many kids and comic book fans around the world have discussed for years. I am glad that they take the filming, acting and choreography so seriously. They do a lot on a small budget and as already mentioned, the casting is always on point.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the people they cast are professional cosplayers aren't they?

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2017, 03:47:28 PM »

The premise behind this entire series is great and so simple, and something many many kids and comic book fans around the world have discussed for years. I am glad that they take the filming, acting and choreography so seriously. They do a lot on a small budget and as already mentioned, the casting is always on point.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the people they cast are professional cosplayers aren't they?

Some of them are. Some are stunt performers, some are martial artists, and some are actual celebrities, like Jason David Frank.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2017, 03:49:30 PM »

like Jason David Frank.
Who's he? (Not being sarcastic. I genuinely have never heard of him before. Did he star in a movie or tv show?)

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2017, 03:52:12 PM »

Who's he? (Not being sarcastic. I genuinely have never heard of him before. Did he star in a movie or tv show?)

He plays the White/Green Power Ranger on the MMPR (along with the Red Zeo Ranger and the Black Dino Thunder Ranger. They got him to reprise his role on SPBD.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: