Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Author Topic: New Saber: Ultrasabers Malice  (Read 56728 times)
navajas
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -19

« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2012, 05:35:27 PM »

Seems a lot of people share the "very great, minus the blades" sentiment. Hopefully we can get an official word on a non-blade discount or claw swap.

LE Initiate - Green (for my son)
FreeSaber Archon - Red (for my other son)
Nickel Prophecy - Arctic Blue (for my Mom)
Initiate V3 LE - Destiny (for my wife)
Bane RGB - white FoC (for my brother)
Vermathax - Yellow / Silver / Purple, custom
Archon V2 - Green (amber FoC, *goodies)

Deep
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 701

« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2012, 05:49:41 PM »

The hilt is gorgeous. If there was a price break for leaving off the blades I think I'd get it. Can we get word from Emory or Alex if we can special request for the blades to be left off for some credit, or, failing that, replaced with Glaive or Raven claws?

Love each and everything about it except the blades.

We can leave the claw blades off the order (if you want us to ship a smaller package or something of that sort), but it won't change the price since it's all inclusive.

The Warglaive or Raven Claws can feasibly be mounted on these with some modification (it's definitely not plug and play, they are mounted completely differently), I've seen it done on Standard Issues, Liberators, Dominix, Aeon, etc.  But it's not currently a service that we offer to do here at Ultrasabers.

Also as a note, the claw blades on this hilt are much easier to remove than the claws on the Warglaive and Raven, since these are keyed into the emitter instead of using pins.

Emory "Deep" Harris
www.ultrasabers.com

Deep
Administrator
Knight Commander

« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2012, 05:58:00 PM »

Seems a lot of people share the "very great, minus the blades" sentiment. Hopefully we can get an official word on a non-blade discount or claw swap.

The blades look great.  Trust me, if you see or hold the saber in person, you'd feel the same way.

We won't ever be offering the saber without the claws.  But the claws are VERY, EXTREMELY easily removable.  None of the orders we've gotten in so far has made any request for shipping without the claws (most people have requested multiple sets of claws) and most all emails about it have been about multiple sets of claws.  Once these sabers are in hand, the claws grow on you.

I think the large claws look really cool, but I would honestly not try dueling with them or performing with them.  These are more for the WOW effect for show.  The small claws look good and are a good size for ALL the practical uses of an Ultrasaber (dueling, sparring, spinning, showing off, costuming, etc).
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 06:56:26 PM by Deep » Logged

Emory "Deep" Harris
www.ultrasabers.com

Amanita
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 39

« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2012, 06:45:17 PM »

So how do I get this thing with an illuminated AV switch but no box? I checked the dropdown menu under switches, and all the illuminated switches have a box included, I don`t see a bezel option for the illuminated ones:(

I prefer the lower profile of a bezel, I`m just not seeing it listed.

Deep
Administrator
Knight Commander

« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2012, 06:54:23 PM »

So how do I get this thing with an illuminated AV switch but no box? I checked the dropdown menu under switches, and all the illuminated switches have a box included, I don`t see a bezel option for the illuminated ones:(

I prefer the lower profile of a bezel, I`m just not seeing it listed.

If you are looking at a saber WITHOUT sound, those have to have an activation box because the latching switch is humongous.

Emory "Deep" Harris
www.ultrasabers.com

Solinus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -209

Black Star Sabers

« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2012, 06:54:46 PM »

The blades look great.  Trust me, if you see or hold the saber in person, you'd feel the same way.

We won't ever be offering the saber without the claws.  But the claws are VERY, EXTREMELY easily removable.  None of the orders we've gotten in so far has made any request for shipping without the claws (most people have requested multiple sets of claws) and most all emails about it have been about multiple sets of claws.  Once these sabers are in hand, the claws grow on you.

I think the large claws look really cool, but I would honestly not try dueling with them or performing with them.  These are more for the WOW effect for show.  The small claws look good and are a good size for ALL the practical uses of an Ultrasaber (dueling, sparring, spinning, showing off, costuming, etc).

Deep, I agree with you 100% about the hilt being more for show. If you were to cosplay as Darth Malgus or another character, this would be something you wore on your hip or carried around for photo opportunities...

That said, if you remove the claws, then duel on!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 06:57:04 PM by Deep » Logged

Control your fear. Give in to your hate. Let it guide you along the path and soon you shall find yourself... home.

**Dark Side points appreciated.**

AMK
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -6

« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2012, 07:12:01 PM »

I like this new saber a lot

dark side points please

DarthGM
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -12

« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2012, 07:18:09 PM »

Deep, where can the covertech clip be mounted on this hilt?  Would it be in the middle of the grip or is mounting it more towards the pommel possible?

I swear I saw an image (of Malgus) where the saber was hanging "tip up", meaning the clip would have been opposite the red button between the blades.  I assume that's not possible, yes?

Alderaan Base XO, Rebel Legion
Blogger of
Fragments from the Rim, a Star Wars gaming and costuming blog
Arsenal: BR Bane, BR Aeon v2 LE, BR Malice, FO Phantasm Initiate v3 LE

Deep
Administrator
Knight Commander

« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2012, 07:29:44 PM »

Deep, where can the covertech clip be mounted on this hilt?  Would it be in the middle of the grip or is mounting it more towards the pommel possible?

I swear I saw an image (of Malgus) where the saber was hanging "tip up", meaning the clip would have been opposite the red button between the blades.  I assume that's not possible, yes?

Covertec knobs don't come standard with this saber.  You can get them by following the instructions here: http://www.ultrasabers.com/help_answer.asp?ID=21#294

We can mount the covertec anywhere you request us to.  We can mount it right on the emitter if you wish if you are trying to go for an emitter up mounting look.

Emory "Deep" Harris
www.ultrasabers.com

DarthGM
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -12

« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2012, 07:58:49 PM »

Covertec knobs don't come standard with this saber.  You can get them by following the instructions here: http://www.ultrasabers.com/help_answer.asp?ID=21#294

We can mount the covertec anywhere you request us to.  We can mount it right on the emitter if you wish if you are trying to go for an emitter up mounting look.

....REALLY....

Grin

*wrings hands together evilly*

(Yup, I know the knobs are extra, just making plans for my order)

Alderaan Base XO, Rebel Legion
Blogger of
Fragments from the Rim, a Star Wars gaming and costuming blog
Arsenal: BR Bane, BR Aeon v2 LE, BR Malice, FO Phantasm Initiate v3 LE

Jedi_Grevan
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 13

« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2012, 08:50:12 PM »

I just joined the forum and just recently came about US....I have only been checkin this site out for about a week now and I love the products that I see and I especially really like this Malice......Beast indeed...I was just watching the TOR videos on youtube and was like damn it would be awesome to see someone make a saber that looks like Darth Malgus....eventhough its not his but this is a beautiful piece....Saving up to start my saber collection.....

"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. I sense much fear in you." Yoda

Sandtracker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 134

« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2012, 09:46:26 PM »

I will defently be getting this saber because I will probably be getting money on my brithday(Saturday).

turiansniper
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 28

light side please

« Reply #57 on: July 03, 2012, 01:25:39 AM »

I must have this...my soul screams to make love to one. I'm sorry Guardian, looks like I'll be going out with Malice instead T_T

SY Archon v2 - Darigaaz, The Igniter
VA Consular - Crosis, The Purger
GB Guardian - Dromar, The Banisher
BR Raven - Rith, The Awakener

JediShadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 43

« Reply #58 on: July 03, 2012, 02:31:07 AM »

A stunt saber with lit av switches?? And in lots of different colors??? This makes me quite happy  Grin

Maybe we will get more stunts with lit av switches hmmm?

"Twinkle" - GB Blue Standard Issue v2
"Icingdeath" - AB Dominix LE v3
SRD Aeon v3
PO Monarch
BR Phantom Initiate v3
AS Dark Liberator v3
CG Dominix v2

Graywolf727
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -9

« Reply #59 on: July 04, 2012, 03:16:10 PM »

So instead of getting an Archon with a war glaive emitter I am going to have to have this.

Question for Deep - the one without sound has many colored AV switches, any chance the other colors will be available with sound down the line? I would love to have a yellow AV switch on this bad boy with sound.

I am Darth Rykel, a destroyer of worlds, and Lord of the Sith...so to put it simply, Dark side points please.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: