Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 2731 2732 [2733] 2734 2735 ... 3562   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Thoughts of Members (anything goes...well with in forum rules)  (Read 4919254 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #40980 on: February 21, 2017, 01:38:28 PM »

So, second day of garden leave and so far I am being lazy lump. I am still in bed, at lunchtime, because I can be. I officially have nothing to do and my bed is warm and comfy. Only fly in the ointment is I really need to pee. And the bathroom is downstairs and would entail me getting out of bed and leaving the relative safety/comfort/relaxing confines of my bedroom. #realworldproblems

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #40981 on: February 21, 2017, 03:03:25 PM »

So, second day of garden leave and so far I am being lazy lump. I am still in bed, at lunchtime, because I can be. I officially have nothing to do and my bed is warm and comfy. Only fly in the ointment is I really need to pee. And the bathroom is downstairs and would entail me getting out of bed and leaving the relative safety/comfort/relaxing confines of my bedroom. #realworldproblems

Buy rubber sheets.  Wink

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #40982 on: February 21, 2017, 03:07:24 PM »

Buy rubber sheets.  Wink
Are you actually suggesting that I pee the bed and lay in it? You nasty!

Anyway, I have actually gotten up now, had a delightful breakfast (scrambled eggs with chives, smoked salmon and warm croissant) and am now watching The Mentalist.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #40983 on: February 21, 2017, 03:24:12 PM »

My breakfast this morning was a big ol' slab of chocolate cake. Tongue

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #40984 on: February 21, 2017, 03:29:18 PM »

Eating cake in the morning should be referred to as, "Bogtrottin."

‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #40985 on: February 21, 2017, 03:35:55 PM »

I call it "breakfast" but I had it at 2pm. Does that still count? I say yes as it was my first meal of the day.

And chocolate cake for breakfast is always nice. Especially when washed down with a beer.

Eating cake in the morning should be referred to as, "Bogtrottin."
Please explain "bogtrottin" for the foreigner. I can hazard a guess, but would like confirmation.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #40986 on: February 21, 2017, 03:39:00 PM »

Depends on whose definition of "must see" you went by. Big budget, popular blockbusters within a three year period then yes.

Has it ever occurred that the reason he doesn't have time to see new stuff is because he is otherwise occupied playing catch-up? There is still a laundry list of must-sees that I haven't seen yet because of one or more of the following:

1) ADHD forgetting that I haven't seen it despite wanting to.
2) being reminded when I see it, but it's already half over.
3) Not being in the mood.
4) wanting to watch something else instead.
4.5) watching something else and not wanting to interrupt my binge.
5) ADHD forgetting that I haven't seen it despite wanting to.

I didn't..by the time I was his age I had seen Everything from Gone with the Wind to Saving Private Ryan.  As Knox said...rentals.  My family rented at least 5 films Every weekend.

Well then you grew up in a freak show. Tongue

"WHATEVER! J____!"

Every time I take the What's Your Lightsaber Combat Style, I get either Makashi or Shien/Djem So. I guess I supposedly am supposed to be really good at defense, or at least at turning their attacks back against them. However, I suck at defending. Attacking is fine, but I can't defend very well. Maybe I do turn their attacks back against them, but if I do, it happens on their first strike. Or maybe I just don't have someone who is good enough at attacking to adequately test my defense skills.

Makashi and Djem So are not defensive techniques. Both are actually offensive. Makashi is the lighter and faster, while Djem So is strong. Most notable practitioners of each Count Dooku and Darth Bane, respectively.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #40987 on: February 21, 2017, 03:46:22 PM »

Has it ever occurred that the reason he doesn't have time to see new stuff is because he is otherwise occupied playing catch-up?
No excuse. Like Tepes, I managed to watch old stuff and new stuff, plus school, competing for various school sports teams, music lessons, household chores, seeing friends, tv and reading. But that's just me. I grew up in a time without internet, so had more time in a day to do stuff.

There is still a laundry list of must-sees that I haven't seen yet because of one or more of the following:

1) ADHD forgetting that I haven't seen it despite wanting to.
2) being reminded when I see it, but it's already half over.
3) Not being in the mood.
4) wanting to watch something else instead.
4.5) watching something else and not wanting to interrupt my binge.
5) ADHD forgetting that I haven't seen it despite wanting to.
I didn't realise you had ADHD, but as far as I know he doesn't. Or maybe he does. As I just said, I grew up in a time without internet. Internet and streaming services has overloaded the media watching experience. I almost feel sorry for younglings growing up now (so much choice, such little time).

Well then you grew up in a freak show. Tongue
Who? Tepes or me? And I'm sure Tepes would say he was well-rounded individual!  Cheesy

By the way, I am not criticising him or any youngling for not having seen the same movies we have. All my comments are made in fun, in jest, in a jocular fashion to illicit a humorous response.

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #40988 on: February 21, 2017, 03:48:26 PM »

Who? Tepes or me? And I'm sure Tepes would say he was well-rounded individual!  Cheesy

You leave the Bearded Lady out of this!!!

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #40989 on: February 21, 2017, 03:49:34 PM »

Ooo, shots fired!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #40990 on: February 21, 2017, 04:10:26 PM »

I didn't realise you had ADHD, but as far as I know he doesn't. Or maybe he does. As I just said, I grew up in a time without internet. Internet and streaming services has overloaded the media watching experience. I almost feel sorry for younglings growing up now (so much choice, such little time).

Really? Nothing tipped you off? Roll Eyes Yeah, I'm to the nines. I can even be distracted from my distractions. But you don't have to be ADHD to be distractable. It just helps.

Who? Tepes or me? And I'm sure Tepes would say he was well-rounded individual!  Cheesy

Both, after I read your reply. Tongue

By the way, I am not criticising him or any youngling for not having seen the same movies we have. All my comments are made in fun, in jest, in a jocular fashion to illicit a humorous response.

Hey, I still haven't seen the Godfather trilogy. But back in the day I would have hated it. Now I'm more open minded as to what makes a good movie.

"You know how circuses have a bearded lady, and a fat lady? Well, my Mom plays both, 'cause she's like, super-talented."

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #40991 on: February 21, 2017, 04:14:19 PM »

Really? Nothing tipped you off? Roll Eyes Yeah, I'm to the nines. I can even be distracted from my distractions. But you don't have to be ADHD to be distractable. It just helps.
I just thought you were strange!  Tongue

Hey, I still haven't seen the Godfather trilogy. But back in the day I would have hated it. Now I'm more open minded as to what makes a good movie.
Skip part 3. It is just as awful as everyone says it is.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #40992 on: February 21, 2017, 04:18:49 PM »

Please explain "bogtrottin" for the foreigner. I can hazard a guess, but would like confirmation.

Eating cake like Bruce Bogtrotter from Matilda.  Smiley

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #40993 on: February 21, 2017, 04:25:40 PM »

Eating cake like Bruce Bogtrotter from Matilda.  Smiley
Oh. I was thinking something completely different. Never Mind.

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #40994 on: February 21, 2017, 04:33:20 PM »

Oh. I was thinking something completely different. Never Mind.

No offense, but I thought "bogtrotting" was one of those obscure British slang terms, possibly for spending an inordinately long time on the toilet.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Pages: 1 ... 2731 2732 [2733] 2734 2735 ... 3562   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: