Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: The Twins and The Cousin! (Pic Heavy)  (Read 4240 times)
KraytDragonPearl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 609

Light Side Points

« on: November 28, 2016, 08:59:25 PM »

As we all know earlier this year Deep mentioned that the Ahsoka Inspired hilt was coming out in "2016".  Speculation started flying around the forum and we all figured only one would be released since we have never seen two sabers released at the same time.  After all the Electrum Wind had just been released as well and US would be crazy to release 3 sabers in a 6 month period. 

To our utter Amazement US released both sabers:  The Lost Gray and the Fulcrum (AKA The Twins).  I already had the go ahead from Lady KDP and she told me to just order what I wanted.  Of course the Raffle just got started as well, so I decided to make two orders and let the chips fall where they may:

Order 1:Tri-C AB Fulcrum, Obsidian V4, Slow Recharge Port, All silver accent buttons, with Black AV switch illuminated white, circle blade plug, HG Blade, and cover tech clip.  I also ordered an additional cover tech wheel (silver) and QD Coupler in silver.  With all the additional raffle options I got an additional blade plug and a T-shirt.   

Order 2: Tri-C AB Lost Gray, Obsidian V4, Slow Recharge Port, All silver accent buttons, With Silver AV switch illuminated white, circle blade plug, and HG blade.  Ordered an additional cover tech wheel (silver) and a QD Coupler in black.  Used the codes and got additional blade plug and t-shirt.

Here is the Fulcrum:   Roll Eyes

Here is the Lost Gray  Shocked

Here are the both of them together: Shocked

So I ended up winning a 2nd place prize in the Raffle and ended up with a saber I seldom see either purchased or given out.  I won a GB Arbiter, with Obsidian V3 Sound and non Illuminated Silver AV Switch.    Cheesy

Here she is  (The Cousin)

Like I said earlier(in another post)...I looked at the Arbiter many times and just kinda glanced over it.  I never saw it as belonging in my collection as it just looked so plain.  I have to say that now I'm liking it more and more.  It is extremely customizable and I'm looking forward to what happens with it.  I think the greatest surprise is that its extremely easy and comfortable to wield.  Its definitely one of the larger hilts in length.  Its 14" long and is most definitely a 2 handed saber but not nearly the girth of the Fulcrum, which makes it very ideal for combat.  I will play around with it some more and decide how i want to proceed with it.   

Here are The Twins and The Cousin together:

Once again US has gone above and beyond what "The Other Guys" ever do.  I appreciate all that they have done for the saber world and for me.  I have won a 2nd place prize in both Raffles that I have entered.  This is why I will continue to buy from US and no one else.

I plan on doing a video review as soon as I can, so look for that to arrive soon.

Own: Lost Gray, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Fulcrum, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Nickel-plated Guardian, (Emerald), Obsidian V3; Arbiter, Obsidian V3, GB; Archon V3 Tri-C FO Obsidian V4; Manticore, Obsidian V3, VA; Phantasm V4, BH; Dark Sentinel, BR; Dominix V2, RGB; Dark Initiate V2 x3 (BR, CG, GB); Initiate LE V2 x2, CG.

Want: Bellicose, Prophecy V3

Corwyn VonBeck
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -340

Grey Knight

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 09:08:45 PM »

Very nice indeed KDP.
I had also looked at the Arbiter for customization purposes, although the Dark was what I was looking at. Its a nice saber with so many possibilities.
Awesome you end up with all three in GB.... a very nice trio!

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 09:29:22 PM »

Awesome pics and commentary on your new sabers! 👏👏👏👌

Love your thoughts about US vs. the other guys, because that's exactly how I feel about them.  Looking forward to new Ultrasabers purchases in the near future.  They really are THEE BEST!

Point for the awesome review! Lookin forward to the vid, too!

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Jeadus Teal
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 203

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2016, 09:32:41 PM »

Three great sabers there KraytDragonPearl. I really like your selection of getting the white illuminated AV switches for the twins.  Great photos too. + point to you Smiley

Currently waiting for my Fulcrum to show up this week.

" Who's the more foolish? The fool, or the fool who follows him?"

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

Lord Japarco
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 479

Keep your concentration here and now,...

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2016, 11:25:23 PM »

Congrats for the twins you purchased, they look fantastic, and also congrats for an awesome prize, the Arbiter is a great saber, as you said, very customizable, and what I like more is it's 1,45" wide, perfect for handling. I want one, and Im considering the Arbiter for my next, probably in tri GB or tri AB, with quick disconects. Thanks for sharing the pics, enjoy your new sabers, +1

http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/Japarco/media/Sentinel%20V4/ffc14996-49bb-425b-9122-f4cd848e3103_zpszdtmyzgk.jpg.html
My Lightsabers:
Sentinel V4 - Tri Consular Green - Obsidian V4
The Guardian - Guardian Blue - Silver Flash on Clash - Obsidian V3 (2nd Summer Raffle 2016 2nd Place Prize)
Wife's Lightsaber: Prophecy V3 - Arctic Blue - Obsidian V3

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2016, 02:22:24 AM »

How did my sabers end up in Germany?! KDP, you put those back in the box and send them back stateside. ASAP!!   Cheesy

Great sabers, man. Thanks for sharing, and congratulations on your prize. Point for sharing.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

KraytDragonPearl
Knight Commander

Light Side Points

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2016, 04:44:27 AM »

Thanks guys.  Its ironic, I thought the Guardian was a beast of a saber, but the Fulcrum is an even bigger beast with some weight.  So when I grabbed the Arbiter I expected to pick up something weighty as well  and realized how extremely light it is.   I already like the Arbiter Emitter on the Archon, looks really sleek and very nice as a one handed saber.

Own: Lost Gray, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Fulcrum, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Nickel-plated Guardian, (Emerald), Obsidian V3; Arbiter, Obsidian V3, GB; Archon V3 Tri-C FO Obsidian V4; Manticore, Obsidian V3, VA; Phantasm V4, BH; Dark Sentinel, BR; Dominix V2, RGB; Dark Initiate V2 x3 (BR, CG, GB); Initiate LE V2 x2, CG.

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2016, 05:15:21 AM »

^ That's my current emitter of choice on my Archon as well (though mines from the "other guys"),  works really well IMO with a great feel to it.

Congrats on these beauties!  Great pics and thx for the review as well!  Point to you --- also looking fwd to a vid from you Smiley

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2016, 05:23:41 AM »

Great stuff, KDP.  I love the photos and review.  The twins are really awesome.  The Arbiter is a really nice saber, I don't know why it seems to be overlooked.  Indeed, you don't see a lot of them, though I'm sure there are plenty fo people who own them.  It looks like a cousin to Obi-Wan's and Luke's hilts.  I'll bet a couple of them would make a beastly staff.  Wink

KraytDragonPearl
Knight Commander

Light Side Points

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2016, 07:15:04 AM »

^ That's my current emitter of choice on my Archon as well (though mines from the "other guys"),  works really well IMO with a great feel to it.

Congrats on these beauties!  Great pics and thx for the review as well!  Point to you --- also looking fwd to a vid from you Smiley

Thought it looked familiar when i put it on.  will have to try a few pommel exchanges and see what things look like

Greywolf
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 100

Grey all the way ;)

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2016, 09:48:44 AM »

I know it's difficult to decide as they are Twins, but do you prefer the handling of Fulcrum or the handling of Lost Gray Wink ?

Cake is a lie. There are only Cookies.
Through Cookies I gain Chocolate.
Through Chocolate I gain Energy.
Through Energy I gain Weight.
Through Weight my pants will burst.
The Force shall free me.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2016, 10:25:06 AM »

Excellent review KDP. Smiley

Great choices on those - they both look stunning.  Shocked Shocked

It's good to see where the recharge port is located too.

Nice score with the Arbiter!  Sweet looking hilt - and with an AV! Smiley

+1 for awesomeness.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

KraytDragonPearl
Knight Commander

Light Side Points

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2016, 05:21:21 PM »

I know it's difficult to decide as they are Twins, but do you prefer the handling of Fulcrum or the handling of Lost Gray Wink ?

Right now with my broken wrist its hard to actually wield them properly, but based on cursory handling, I personally prefer the Lost Gray.  She sleeker and not as beastly as her sister.  After I get this stupid cast off I will be able to make a more informed decision. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: