Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: First US ever : Dominix V3 LE /sound / Fire Orange / Ultraedge blade  (Read 2292 times)
k0brakai
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 28

Que la force soit avec vous

« on: March 25, 2014, 11:43:43 AM »

Hi there,

First of all, you all need to know that i'm french and I apologize in advance for any mistake i'll do. Please, forgive me...
So, i'm a big big fan of Star Wars for as long as I remember and I only discovered Ultra Sabers few weeks ago. I have a nice Obi Wan Light Saber Master Replica made by Lucasfilm (that's what is written on the pommel) in 2006.

So after have a look at the US website, I was like "Ok, I NEED a new saber...right now !!"

Few questions came on the top of my head : I live in Europe (shipping charges, transit tim...taxes maybe ?) and what if I have any problem with the saber ? Plus, I think my english is good enough to understand almost everything but when it comes to technicals sides and questions...I was bit of lost. What options should I get ? Is that useful ? bla bla bla....

Anyway, I spent hours (day?) looking over reviews on the forum here and on youtube and, finally, on Saturday 17th of march, I decided to place my order (I've never seen any US in my entire life, all I knew was from the forum here or internet...). Plus, there was a 10% discount and a free initiate saber so I thought it was a sign, I had to do it.

My package was supposed to arrive on friday 21th of march but damn, it was not there. The week end was REALLY LOOOONG. I called FedEx on monday morning (yesterday 24th of march) and the guy on the phone told me "yeah, you'll have you package today before 6pm". You can imagine how excited I was (also a bit anxious...i really did not know what i'll receive!). Then...I spent the all day waiting for my package...then I called FedEx again about 5;30 PM and the guy said "don't worry, it will be there"...45 mins after, I called (again) FedEx and, another guy this time, told me "the driver was not able to find your adress"
Few french insults and explanations after, the fedex guy told me the driver will come again this morning...and he did ! Yes !!!

I'm now a happy owner of a VERY nice Dominix LE V3, with sound, Fire Orange UltraEdge blade, Dark Shock pommel, silver FOC and...pointed tip.

FUN FACT : after checking everything on the saber, I started to play with it. Turn it on, play, turn it off, turn it on, frigthen the cat (works very well by the way), turn it off...then..all of a sudden, the saber did not turned on !! No sound, no light...nothing at all ! I thought "merde, what did I do??"
Then my girlfriend, who is probably wiser than me, said "hey, you have a recharge port, maybe you should recharge your batteries"...that is a clever girl (that's why we are together right?). Of course, she was right...so I plugged the saber on the recharge port (I highly recommend this option) and now, it works perfectly !

Few pictures

(can't see from the picture but it's really orange)

I must say i'm really happy with that saber..well balanced, very nice craftmanship...the frist thing I said when I saw the saber was "oh putain, c'est trop beau" (translation : holy S***, this is beautiful).
The obsidian sound is very LOUD ! I turned on my Obi Wan replica next to it and I could not hear the replica's sound ! The US sound was much louder ! I'm really really happy with this Saber!

I also reiceved this nice Initiate saber in BR. I'l probably upgrade it with a longer blade. The hilt is very nice as well.

Here's a picture with the 3 sabers together, so you can see the colour difference (and how US lights are much brighter)

To finish, I must say i'm really happy with my sabers. I'll buy from US again for sure ! The only questions are "when" and "what" ? Grin

Thanks for reading !
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 12:29:51 PM by k0brakai » Logged

My sabers :
- Archon 2.1, sound + Emerald 4CH
- Azure Reaper, sound + Emerald 2CH
- Manticore, sound + Violet Amethyst.

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 12:38:23 PM »

Congratulations! That's a beautiful pair of 'sabres you have there. I really like the Dark Shock pommel on the Dominix - I think I may have to look into trying that with my Shock and Aeon. Hmm...

The orange blade looks awesome. I really like that colour!

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

The 97th Acolyte
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 93

Member of the Red Jedi Order

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 05:35:58 PM »

Nice sabers! Smiley

That Dominix is like the big brother of my initiate! FO/sound/AV switch. xD

Raven VA - FOC Silver
Shock - FO
Manticore R+B Emerald
Dominix LE v3 - PO
Initiate LE v3 - AS
Liberator v3 Staff - SRD + CG
Dominix v2 Staff - RGB + BR

The Countess - Curved Custom
-
Behind the strangest of pretences can lie the best of things...

Jedijosh
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 105

Come back to the light side we have chips & Salsa

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 05:41:32 PM »

Nice review KO it's funny my dad wants basically the exact same specs on his saber only difference is color consular Green, and round tip:). Point:).

Sabers:
Aeon v2 (CG), Archon v2.1 (VA), Graflex CE (Obsidian Emerald), Guardian (Obsidian GB),

Wish list:
Azure Mantis, Arbiter, Bellicose in RGB, Chosen One CE, Consular in CG, Prophecy v3

Kresnik
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 111

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 06:19:07 PM »

The funny thing is the Fire Orange is considered the "weakest led" in the US lineup

In order of favorite
Bellicose in PO w/ Obsidian
DSI vert grooves 4 ch Emerald  w/ Stunt
Guardian 2 Ch Emerald w/ Obsidian (1st Place Raffle prize)
Aeon V2 in CG Stunt (sort of modified)

Red Undertaker
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 3

Light Side Points Please

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 01:14:32 AM »

Awesome Sabers man!  The more I see the dominix the more i want one.  Simple, stylish, and sithy! BTW I had similar troubles with fedex as well.  They took an extra 3 days to deliver my sabers after they initially "attempted" delivery.  ah well, they are safe in our hands now!  Congratulations again on your new additions and time to start saving for more!

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2014, 03:22:37 AM »

Nice Dominix, FO fits on well as does the orange AV switch.  I like how the Dark Shock pommel fits on it too, not a bad idea actually. Smiley

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2014, 09:39:20 PM »

That is a sweet saber.  My own is in Sentinel Yellow, not as dramatic as the fire orange.  And I love the LED power switch.  That's one option I kinda wish I'd sprung for. 
Nice collection! 

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: