Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Author Topic: Comic Books  (Read 5513 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2016, 07:52:04 PM »

yeah i really want to collect all the Alien, predator, and Alien versus predator comics the most! there all dark horse i do believe. also would like to collect some some batman comics but not sure where to start with that LOL. and i like to get anything Punisher, venom, spawn, Deadpool, elektra, or x-men related. yeah i know thats a long list LOL
I actually have all the dark horse alien, predator, alien vs predator, and termimator comics. you should also check out batman vs predtor and batman vs alien. those are really good too.

Dark horse did some amazing stuff in the 90s, which is when i seriously got into collecting. you can still buy those as TPBs now so look into it.

Write yourself a list, set yourself a monthly budget and there you go.
(FYI - my list has about 50 - 60 titles on it. everytime i buy stuff and shrink the list, i end up adding more stuff. a never-ending battle, which is what collecting is all about)

CrimzonNinja
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2016, 08:18:00 PM »

I actually have all the dark horse alien, predator, alien vs predator, and termimator comics. you should also check out batman vs predtor and batman vs alien. those are really good too.

Dark horse did some amazing stuff in the 90s, which is when i seriously got into collecting. you can still buy those as TPBs now so look into it.

Write yourself a list, set yourself a monthly budget and there you go.
(FYI - my list has about 50 - 60 titles on it. everytime i buy stuff and shrink the list, i end up adding more stuff. a never-ending battle, which is what collecting is all about)

oh yes! i know about all the crossovers as well...i have them all on pdf and jpg films but id like get the real things...i rather liked the superman vs predator...that was interesting.

brthegreat
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 39

Follower of the Light

« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2016, 10:48:44 PM »

I read the first volume of The Flash, Green Lantern and Batman for the New 52. The Flash was probably the best. I just haven't had the time or money to buy more. I have a bag sets of Flash which I still haven't gotten around to readings.
I just find it hard to start.

“When 900 years old, you reach… Look as good, you will not.”-Yoda

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2016, 06:34:41 AM »

I read the first volume of The Flash, Green Lantern and Batman for the New 52. The Flash was probably the best. I just haven't had the time or money to buy more. I have a bag sets of Flash which I still haven't gotten around to readings.
I just find it hard to start.
There's no rush. Every great collection is made up over a period of years. I've been collecting since I was 7 years old. Sometimes I go 6 months without buying any though. It's line anything; if you really want to collect comics then it will happen.

In terms of where to start, what kind of storylines do you like? There are lots of comics out there there gave nothing to do with superheroes. Their stories are complex. And dark. Sometimes supernatural. Sometimes twisted. Lots of options out there.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: