Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Photos at/of Star Wars Locations  (Read 832 times)
Duke13Zander
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 11

Sentinel Survivor

« on: September 20, 2023, 03:44:58 AM »

Hello fellow saber wielders, I felt like starting this new thread as a place to post Photos you may have taken in well-known Star Wars locations. This can be anything from famous Filming locations (such as Redwoods trails used for the Endor speeder scenes in Return of the Jedi) or maybe awesome Set stages (like the inside of the Millennium Falcon). I'm not the most well-versed in navigating the Forum; so there very well may be a Thread already covering this area of Star Wars pictures. If there's already a thread like this somewhere, sorry about being a copycat. If not, I hope this thread serves as a great place for everyone to post their Star Wars Location Photos. That being said, here are my photos from "Endor" for you to enjoy.

I've been meaning to post these photos for a while, but I just started my first year as a teacher, so I've been very busy. Also, there will be a lot of photos in this post. I will do my best to make them large enough to see all the details, but not so big that it takes 5 hours to scroll to the next post.

These photos were taken at the Avenue of the Giants, 1 of the 2 Redwoods locations used to film the famous Speeder Bike chase on Endor in Return of the Jedi. I believe this location was used for the side-view of the Speeders because Avenue of the Giants has a 30-40 mile road that travels underneath the towering Redwoods. Which allowed the camera crew to drive a truck at a steady clip to make the "moving background" footage. Some of these photos appeared darker than I would've liked, because I took them later in the evening. However, I still really like most of the photos.

The next set of photos (below) are from the 2nd Filming location for the Speeder Bike chase scene: Cheatham Grove. Although the trail was only about 1 mile long, there were lots of loops and different spots to explore (which is why there will be so many pictures). I almost didn't bring my lightsabers on this hike because my wife and I got there around 11am on a bright summer day. Thankfully, the Force led me to discover that the Redwoods provide great lighting for lightsaber pictures. I really felt that the Ultrasabers S.Y. and C.G are very true-to-color and that was with UltraEdge Heavy-grade blades! I chose several different combat poses and spots for the following photos (so sorry for the huge photo dump, it's really hard to pick favorites). I hope this Thread was helpful for anyone who has Star Wars Location pictures, can't wait to see some new Location photos from a Galaxy far, far away!

Crimson Fallen [combat ready] (UltraProffie/Pixel Blade) "Redhead"
Brylark (TRI-Consular Green) "Willow"
Phantom Initiate LE v4 (Sentinel Yellow) "Sun & Moon"
Standard Issue Battle Saber (Consular Green)
Dark Apprentice LE v5 (Guardian Blue)

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2023, 05:41:04 PM »

THESE!
ARE!!
AWESOME!!!

Wonderful pics, DZ!  And good luck with teaching (from one educator to another  Wink)!

I have a Forum Friend who also shared some pics and was similarly impressed (out of respect, they shall remain nameless until/unless they wish to share; regardless, that is their prerogative  Smiley).

Point!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2023, 11:04:49 PM »

Wow, those are great pictures. It's cool that you were in some of the locations where they filmed ROTJ. Also, I really like your rig for carrying your Initiates.

I just started my first year as a teacher, so I've been very busy.

Congratulations! One thing we definitely need more of in this world is teachers. It may sometimes feel like an under appreciated job, but know always that you make a difference. (same to you, Dutchman)

Duke13Zander
Knight Aspirant

Sentinel Survivor

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2023, 02:46:57 AM »

Wow, those are great pictures. It's cool that you were in some of the locations where they filmed ROTJ. Also, I really like your rig for carrying your Initiates.

Congratulations! One thing we definitely need more of in this world is teachers. It may sometimes feel like an under appreciated job, but know always that you make a difference. (same to you, Dutchman)
Wonderful pics, DZ!  And good luck with teaching (from one educator to another  Wink)!

Thank you Dutchman and scifidude79, I appreciate the comments and encouragement for Teaching. My school is about 1 month in and it has definitely been a lot of work, especially since I'm a first-year teacher. But I have a lot of good teachers who are mentoring me as well as admin that's willing to back me up. It's rewarding to see my students apply what they're learning to their own life experiences. I just hope that all of my students can walk away from my class with something that will help them in their future.

On a more Saber-related note, I realized I forgot to add a few pictures I had on the beach near the Redwoods. Although this isn't an Star Wars location by any means, the reflections made by the shallow tidewater give the photos a really cool look. I wouldn't have even noticed this effect if it wasn't for my wife (who was the photographer behind all these photos), you can see footprints in the earlier pictures before we learned how to walk at an angle to get better reflections. Hope you enjoy them.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1559

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2023, 04:45:08 PM »

Greetings DZ!

Man these pictures are fantastic and I gotta say I particularly like the green saber photos on Endor (I have a thing for green blades).

But the beachfront pics are really cool....you just need someone that's good with photo editing to add a squad or two of Shore Troopers coming out of the surf  Grin

Thanks for sharing and one final thing..... may I say Mrs DZ is a great photographer.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2023, 10:27:14 PM »

Awesome setting at the beach!  Those pics look great  Smiley

Greetings DZ!

Man these pictures are fantastic and I gotta say I particularly like the green saber photos on Endor (I have a thing for green blades).

But the beachfront pics are really cool....you just need someone that's good with photo editing to add a squad or two of Shore Troopers coming out of the surf Grin

Thanks for sharing and one final thing..... may I say Mrs DZ is a great photographer.
WONDERFUL idea, FT!

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2023, 01:49:40 AM »

Those beach pics are great.

Duke13Zander
Knight Aspirant

Sentinel Survivor

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2023, 11:06:30 PM »

Greetings DZ!

But the beachfront pics are really cool....you just need someone that's good with photo editing to add a squad or two of Shore Troopers coming out of the surf  Grin

Thanks For Tyeth, the Stormtrooper idea definitely sounds cool and Mrs. DZ says thank you for the compliment.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2023, 01:29:11 AM »

Thanks For Tyeth, the Stormtrooper idea definitely sounds cool and Mrs. DZ says thank you for the compliment.

I'll be honest I did download a couple of pics but unfortunately they were a little on the small side to edit realistically. I also tried to visit the file hosting site you use to view your gallery (in an attempt to download larger/original copies) but the site gave an error saying the files weren't there!

Anyhoo if you give me a few days I'll work on the pics I got off the forum ok!

Duke13Zander
Knight Aspirant

Sentinel Survivor

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2023, 02:47:04 AM »

I'll be honest I did download a couple of pics but unfortunately they were a little on the small side to edit realistically. I also tried to visit the file hosting site you use to view your gallery (in an attempt to download larger/original copies) but the site gave an error saying the files weren't there!

Anyhoo if you give me a few days I'll work on the pics I got off the forum ok!

That sounds awesome. If you need the original copies or larger copies, I would be happy to repost them for you. Just let me know which ones you want and the best way to send them to you (Reply here, direct message, etc.)

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2023, 10:06:21 AM »

Hi there DZ,

That would be most helpful if you could send me the lager versions. You can upload the pics to your hosting site and then send me a DM and insert the pictures into the message the same way you did with your post.

I think pictures 2,3 and 4 would work best (/yFPUdUzl.jpg, /fELvwSBl.jpg and /Wucz2Nvl.jpg).

Thanks for the help.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2023, 06:19:50 PM »

Hi there DZ,

That would be most helpful if you could send me the lager versions. You can upload the pics to your hosting site and then send me a DM and insert the pictures into the message the same way you did with your post.

I think pictures 2,3 and 4 would work best (/yFPUdUzl.jpg, /fELvwSBl.jpg and /Wucz2Nvl.jpg).

Thanks for the help.
And THIS is precisely why FT is such a great friend^^

DZ, you're in GOOD hands  Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: