Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 263   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Star Wars Thoughts  (Read 941032 times)
Jewish Jedi
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 21

Watches, Maryland Terps FB/BB, sabers!

« Reply #45 on: December 24, 2012, 05:05:59 PM »

Yeah...but, Obama doesnt do that...LOL

Sabers: Chosen One CE (coming soon)

ed_ification
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -385

Darth Cronfios

« Reply #46 on: December 24, 2012, 05:45:56 PM »

People adopt multiple roles in society - how a teacher speaks to a student is not how a teacher speaks to a colleague, nor is it how they speak to a superior.

Leia, in ANH, is assuming the role of a superior to the rank and file soldiers, which she nominally is, and so adopts said tone.  However, they have their orders from a higher authority, so her tone is ignored.  Once she realizes that using the vocal intonations of her office won't work, she drops them.

Or - they wanted Carrie Fisher to sound more "regal" at the start and then dropped the accent.  Which sounds better?

Would anyone else be amused by the idea of a Jawa Jedi?  Or a Jawa Sith?

Sabers:
MR Vader - ANH
MR Vader - ESB
Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red - "Belligerence"
Standard Issue Grab Bag - Guardian Blue - "Bastion"
2 Shock LEs - Violet - "Perseverance" and "Integrity"
Archon - "Insight"
Dark Initiate - "Harbinger"

RogueLeader
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 162

Apathy is death?...meh, I don't care

« Reply #47 on: December 24, 2012, 06:17:36 PM »

Aww cute Smiley

I have a Sith's opinion of the Jedi and a Jedi's opinion of the Sith.

Light side points pl

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #48 on: December 25, 2012, 04:45:18 AM »

I loved Jawas until they were revealed to be skanky rat people...I preferred the air of mystery.

sigh

Embarrassed

Light side points please Smiley

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #49 on: December 25, 2012, 04:50:08 AM »

A Jawa Jedi would be hilarious.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Zephon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 118

Zephon Nosta - Jedi Sentinel

« Reply #50 on: December 25, 2012, 06:02:50 AM »

The Force Is The Blade Of The Heart.
            All Are Intertwined;
       The Crystal,
   The Blade,
The Jedi.
              You Are One.

Light Side Points Appreciated

reiperx
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 71

Do you serve a purpose or purposely serve?

« Reply #51 on: December 25, 2012, 07:00:49 AM »

Do people in the Jedi universe often live longer due to spending so much time in hyperspace or at least traveling quickly in normal space (faster to the speed of light you get, the slower you age), or do they live longer on average due to the technology?

While technically the following people are still within the average lifespan of people on Earth, they generally are not still as active as these people are, and are showing more signs of aging.

Han Solo - Born 29BBY, active beyond 43ABY (minimum age of 72 and beyond, not really showing much in the way of aging.

Boba Fett - Born 31BBY, active beyond 40ABY (minimum age of 71, and still having an active lifetyle, although he does comment on his getting older when Jaina is being trained and he's working with his granddaughter).

Lando - Born 31BBY, active beyond 40ABY (minimum age of 71, and was due to have a child in 40ABY)

Wedge - Born 21BBY, active beyond 44ABY (minimum age of 65)

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #52 on: December 25, 2012, 02:40:25 PM »

Do people in the Jedi universe often live longer due to spending so much time in hyperspace or at least traveling quickly in normal space (faster to the speed of light you get, the slower you age), or do they live longer on average due to the technology?

While technically the following people are still within the average lifespan of people on Earth, they generally are not still as active as these people are, and are showing more signs of aging.

Han Solo - Born 29BBY, active beyond 43ABY (minimum age of 72 and beyond, not really showing much in the way of aging.

Boba Fett - Born 31BBY, active beyond 40ABY (minimum age of 71, and still having an active lifetyle, although he does comment on his getting older when Jaina is being trained and he's working with his granddaughter).

Lando - Born 31BBY, active beyond 40ABY (minimum age of 71, and was due to have a child in 40ABY)

Wedge - Born 21BBY, active beyond 44ABY (minimum age of 65)

Personally, I would say it has more to do with the advancement of medical technology than hyperspace. In Han's case, however, it's just stubbornness.

no

RogueLeader
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 162

Apathy is death?...meh, I don't care

« Reply #53 on: December 25, 2012, 03:38:20 PM »

Well, actually all the running from stormtroopers probably does wonders for your health..... if it doesn't make it dramatically worse lol.

I have a Sith's opinion of the Jedi and a Jedi's opinion of the Sith.

Light side points pl

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #54 on: December 25, 2012, 03:48:01 PM »

Your time in hyperspace is still time.

The clock ticks regardless.

If a man sets his watch at birth and lives for 100yrs, then he is 100yrs old.  How others see him due to time away and time spend in cold sleep or in hyperspace is relative to their local reference.

If there is any extended lifespan, and surely there are a dozen ways for a human to do so...connection to the force, data transfer/cybernetics, high end med-tech, witchcraft/sorcery, hypno-toad, etc.

More than likely the average person can expect what we think of as a normal human lifespan, 85-95 +/-10yrs.  But the quality of the middle age, 30-50 is stretched out right to the point where the body is worn out and then fades quickly...so one could expect to stay at the health and look of 30-50 through out their 85-95+ years.

Hollywood age magic...

Tom at 50

Jaclyn Smith at 64

Dick Clark at 74

And there are non-famous people or not all that good looking people that are fully fit and youthful into their 70-80's...the is not the norm but I suspect in the Star Wars setting it is.

Jewish Jedi
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 21

Watches, Maryland Terps FB/BB, sabers!

« Reply #55 on: December 25, 2012, 04:29:14 PM »

So is Disney gonna pick up Star Wars where Ep 6 left off??? With the same people?? That would be pretty cool.

Sabers: Chosen One CE (coming soon)

Zephon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 118

Zephon Nosta - Jedi Sentinel

« Reply #56 on: December 26, 2012, 05:55:41 AM »

The Force Is The Blade Of The Heart.
            All Are Intertwined;
       The Crystal,
   The Blade,
The Jedi.
              You Are One.

Light Side Points Appreciated

reiperx
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 71

Do you serve a purpose or purposely serve?

« Reply #57 on: December 26, 2012, 06:28:42 AM »

So is Disney gonna pick up Star Wars where Ep 6 left off??? With the same people?? That would be pretty cool.

I doubt it will be right where EP6 left off, not a whole lot happened that was interesting.

My question is will they go off of a book, or try to come up with something on their own?

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #58 on: December 26, 2012, 02:53:51 PM »

It was already discussed that they would not be following a book...though they may take some elements or characters...it should be new.

Smiley

Rina Ascura
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 111

Please keep it at 100!

« Reply #59 on: December 27, 2012, 05:06:47 PM »

Well, hyperspace's entire purpose is to stop that "twin paradox", "time dilation" and "everyone's long dead when you return" crap. So I think it doesn't cause any age discrepancies, and greater human longevity is a result of better medicine. It was also mentioned that human lifespan is shorter on Tatooine, and I've already written afew unflattering words about Tatooinian medicine in the thread next door (it's more backstreet chop docs, midwives and snake oil salesmen than gerontologists). The correlation is obvious:Tatooine = frontier medicine = short lifespans, Coruscant = Sufficiently Advanced medicine = long lifespans.

BBL AND PROUD! The Expanded Universe - the old, the true, the brave!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 263   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: