Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: My first improv battle video.  (Read 1123 times)
Jizon Tee
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 2

« on: August 04, 2011, 09:08:59 PM »

This was shot on my first day of training with my best buddy. We spent a few hours on the ten point novastar pattern and this is just what we banged out for fun. Please let me know what you think. Oh and just btw I'm wielding the green saber.

May the Force be with you always,

Master Jizon Tee

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68DcdeD3ptU" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68DcdeD3ptU</a>

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 11:28:04 PM »

Not bad. A couple things though:

1) The camera work is a little sloppy. I understand you didn't have a professional camera person, but still. It looked as though the camera was having trouble keeping up with you guys. They need to be quicker. Also the angle is WAAAAY too close. They should have zoomed out some. That alone will make a whole lot of difference, including making it easier to follow you.

2) There's a lot of pausing. That's not a bad thing per say, but you especially are doing a lot of nothing for twenty seconds or so at times. Show off a bit. Spin your sabers, do some flurries, taunt your opponent a little.

Just some things to keep in mind next time. Smiley

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Jizon Tee
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 03:53:38 AM »

Thank you ThreadJack. Yeah the whole idea of a video was done on the fly so I will definitely keep the angle/zoom stuff in mind. I just got my saber(aeon) and the next video should be better.

May the Force be with you.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 12:03:07 PM »

Cool vid man.  My personal feeling is that there's not quite enough lighting - makes for a neat effect sometimes but it gets old when that kind of lighting is used for a whole video.  I feel for you though, it's tough to find good lighting that will illuminate enough without diminishing the awesome glow of the sabers - work on it and see what you can do!  I will do the same, I too am a bit new to the video making thing.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: