Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
Author Topic: Halo Discussion Thread  (Read 24505 times)
Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -323

Galactic basic you nerfherder! Do you speak it!?

« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2012, 06:17:20 AM »

So I've been playing Halo 4. A lot. The campaign was freaking amazing. 343 really outdid themselves here. But I'm sure this is old news. Anyway, I've been playing Infinity Slayer non stop and it drove me insane at first but I'm getting better at it. I think that the ordnance drops need to go, though. Also, one of the pistols is over-powered at close range. I feel that having a bunch of people running around with speed boosts, overshields, damage boosts, overpowered SMG's, and needlers makes the game a bit unfair. Also, two of the maps drive me insane. Oh well.

In any case, after 8 hours of playing, I've somehow managed to carve myself out some good stats: 36 game victories, 23 game defeats, 792 kills, and 634 deaths. I guess I must be doing something right, but I still suck big time.

Does anyone here have Halo 4? More importantly, does anyone have any tips for improving my game? I need help!

yeah I suck at halo 4 too. The game has changed over the years, but its still halo and I will continue playing it.  Grin The story was BA too and the ending was great.  Cool I rarely play competitively now with my time being sparse so I care not if i lose or win so I don't have much advice for ya.  Tongue I spend most of my time playing spartan ops or campaign when I do have the time. I pm'ed you my Xbox live user name if you care to play some time.   Smiley

One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss.-BIG BASS

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2012, 06:41:02 AM »

yeah I suck at halo 4 too. The game has changed over the years, but its still halo and I will continue playing it.  Grin The story was BA too and the ending was great.  Cool I rarely play competitively now with my time being sparse so I care not if i lose or win so I don't have much advice for ya.  Tongue I spend most of my time playing spartan ops or campaign when I do have the time. I pm'ed you my Xbox live user name if you care to play some time.   Smiley

The ending almost made me cry Sad It was so beautiful. Well, I am competitive by nature, so I get a little too obsessed over winning Cheesy Winter term for college is going to start next month, but until than, I am going to be trying my best to improve my game. I really want to play Spartan Ops but its impossible without other people, so thanks for the offer Smiley I also still need to beat the campaign on legendary so if you're up for that, maybe we can try it out some time. In any case, despite my raging, I love Halo 4. This game is just way too good. The only issues I have are the ones I listed earlier.

Zephon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 118

Zephon Nosta - Jedi Sentinel

« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2012, 09:46:03 AM »

I'll join you sometime Hobbit on Spartan Ops or whichever. I havent played Halo4 in just under a month since I've been trying to finish up AC3, but I'm willing to jump back over to Halo4 to play anytime.

The Force Is The Blade Of The Heart.
            All Are Intertwined;
       The Crystal,
   The Blade,
The Jedi.
              You Are One.

Light Side Points Appreciated

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2012, 05:30:48 PM »

I'll join you sometime Hobbit on Spartan Ops or whichever. I havent played Halo4 in just under a month since I've been trying to finish up AC3, but I'm willing to jump back over to Halo4 to play anytime.

Oh wow, thanks! Smiley You can finish up AC3 first if you want. No rush.

Tasardur
Nerf Herder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 225

As a Jedi, I prefer Lightside points.

« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2012, 02:18:03 AM »

The ending almost made me cry Sad It was so beautiful. Well, I am competitive by nature, so I get a little too obsessed over winning Cheesy Winter term for college is going to start next month, but until than, I am going to be trying my best to improve my game. I really want to play Spartan Ops but its impossible without other people, so thanks for the offer Smiley I also still need to beat the campaign on legendary so if you're up for that, maybe we can try it out some time. In any case, despite my raging, I love Halo 4. This game is just way too good. The only issues I have are the ones I listed earlier.
I think I did cry at the end of the campaign. No joke.

"The really bad words are filtered but thats about it. We dont bitch too much about casual swearing, but dont be an ass about it." - Ultra
Dominix v2 SY

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2012, 02:33:43 AM »

I think I did cry at the end of the campaign. No joke.

I was going to, but then my friend came back and started shouting in party chat and I kind of snapped out of it  Undecided Also, I'm about halfway through with Chapter 3 of Spartan Ops and I can honestly say that the Spartan IV's suck. They are like a bunch of little kids  Angry Well, except for Fireteam Crimson, but hey, that's me Grin

Also, does anyone here think Halsey was justified? Personally, I think she was. It was so annoying to see the Spartan IV's disrespecting her.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 02:36:54 AM by TheHobbitofDune » Logged

Tasardur
Nerf Herder
Knight Commander

« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2012, 02:51:35 AM »

I agree. Halsey was completely justified.

The Spartan 4's are essentially in between spartan 2's and 3's when it comes to size and strength, however, since they were not taken as children, they have still experienced something other than the military and are not quite as effective in combat. They are like Marines except bigger and harder to kill.

So yeah, they suck.

"The really bad words are filtered but thats about it. We dont bitch too much about casual swearing, but dont be an ass about it." - Ultra
Dominix v2 SY

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2012, 03:35:45 AM »

I agree. Halsey was completely justified.

The Spartan 4's are essentially in between spartan 2's and 3's when it comes to size and strength, however, since they were not taken as children, they have still experienced something other than the military and are not quite as effective in combat. They are like Marines except bigger and harder to kill.

So yeah, they suck.

Really? I thought they were behind Spartan III's in terms of size and strength. I read somewhere that they were just given minor augmentations, which would explain why they were able to afford such a large number of them.

Off topic, but wouldn't it be cool if the Arbiter came back with his side of the Covenant to help the humans take on the rogue tribe? Grin Also, does Spartan Ops take place after the campaign? Did Infinity just drop Master Chief off on Earth then return to Requiem? And what about the Prometheans? I'm so confused!

Tasardur
Nerf Herder
Knight Commander

« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2012, 04:01:13 AM »

Really? I thought they were behind Spartan III's in terms of size and strength. I read somewhere that they were just given minor augmentations, which would explain why they were able to afford such a large number of them.

Off topic, but wouldn't it be cool if the Arbiter came back with his side of the Covenant to help the humans take on the rogue tribe? Grin Also, does Spartan Ops take place after the campaign? Did Infinity just drop Master Chief off on Earth then return to Requiem? And what about the Prometheans? I'm so confused!

Yeah, that's how spartan ops works, basically. Dropped off the chief and run back to requiem.

I'm betting on seeing the Arbiter again. I wouldn't doubt it.

Dominix v2 SY

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2012, 09:11:14 AM »

Well, it would make sense to do that.

Also, I really wish they could have toned down the insanity in Spartan Ops when playing solo. I've had to complete every chapter of every episode solo and its so frustrating to get swarmed by countless waves of enemies. I know you're supposed to play with friends, but what if no one is online or feels like playing Halo? It's pretty unfair for us lone wolves. They could at least give me three invincible AI partners to fight with. I mean, this is supposed to be a fireteam after all. Besides, I'm going up against the same seemingly insurmountable odds that Master Chief has to tackle, and it wouldn't be very realistic if my Spartan IV can survive it countless times.

Than again, it's only really an issue with those super annoying Prometheans. The Covenant I can handle with ease, but Prometheans? Ugh. It's like they were designed to intentionally put you in a bad mood, just like with the floating Medusa heads in the original Castlevania, or the flying devil from Ghosts'N Goblins.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 09:14:29 AM by TheHobbitofDune » Logged

Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2012, 05:48:32 PM »

The disrespect they show towards Halsey I found to be justified since she was kidnapping kids against their will to make them into super soldiers to fight terrorists, not the covenant. What really caught me off guard though was how unsurprised people on the infinity were to see chief again.

I always found chief to be the main hero of the earths forces and in all the previous games it was  like OMG its the chief were saved! Here it was like oh cool master cheese is here why don't you help our other spartans do stuff. Its not like you didn't destroy giant halo rings as well as the main heart of the covenants forces and leaders.

It wasn't really until halo 4 and its ending where cortana tells chief to tell her which one of them is real and which one is the machine that I realized how much of a tool/weapon the chief really was. I thought to myself would anyone cry if master chief died? Would they even hold a funeral for the death of a  bio-weapon?

Also I though to myself, when all the fighting is done what do they do with all the spartans after that? Rehabilitate them to civilian life? Or hunt them down to make sure they don't use their enhance military skills for their own benefit and become the terrorists they were original made to fight against?

@ Tas  Yeah I'am counting on seeing the arbiter again soon. I'am sure  some major threat will arise where the arbiter's help will be needed. I always loved fighting along elites in Halo 3 and leading the squads of them in halo 2 when we could play as the arbiter. Cool

@Hob Yeah the prometheans are a real pain in spartan ops when playing by yourself. The swarms of crawlers are what get me since I'am so used to the grunts running away and hiding, where the crawlers do the exact opposite.  Tongue
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 05:52:36 PM by Moderator Big Boss » Logged

One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss.-BIG BASS

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2012, 06:08:28 PM »

Well, if Halsey hadn't done what she did, humanity would have destroyed themselves in a civil war, and given that the technology and weapons are far superior to our own now, it would have been disastrous. The Spartans were supposed to keep things in check. On the other side of that coin, many families were devastated when they realized what Halsey had done to their children, but if she hadn't done it, all humanity would have been extinct when the Covenant invaded, so no matter what, it was a necessary evil. Also, personally, I wouldn't mind being turned into a Spartan II Cheesy As long as I survived the insane process of becoming one, that is.

I think the reason why they weren't surprised that the Chief was back is because, well, he is Master Chief. The dude doesn't die. He survived through so much crap numerous times that nobody really doubted that he was still alive even after all those years.

I know without a shadow of a doubt that the Arbiter, Halsey, Commander Lasky, Sarah Palmer, and maybe even the Spartan IV's would definitely hold a funeral. Heck, most of the UNSC would. They owe their lives to him. Master Chief is a hero. Also, I think 343 is really trying to make a push to show his humanity. I honestly felt like he was going to sink to his knees when Cortana left him and start crying out in rage or something. Even though he managed to hold it together, you could tell that he was broken inside.

Also, I read on the wiki that the Spartan II's and III's that were still alive were simply integrated into the Spartan IV program. If they wanted to be, that is. If they chose not to, they would most likely live out the rest of their lives in solitude. Remember, these guys were very anti-social towards anyone other than their fellow Spartans. I think it would have been impossible for them to be integrated into civilian life. Also, no, they wouldn't be able to turn on anyone. The Spartans were extremely loyal, and like you said, were just tools. They were made to follow commands from anyone that outranks them. The Spartans would never become terrorists. They would rather die.

Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2012, 06:45:54 PM »

I agree that creating the Spartans were necessary, but how Halsey went about it in the first place was wrong so she deserves all the hate thrown at her regardless if the spartan program accomplished what it was supposed to.

As for all Spartans being loyal to their superiors, I don't know about that...Chief flat out said no to the commanding officer when he asked for cortana so she could be decommissioned. I'am pretty sure if anyone in that room tried to take cortana away from him they would have had their arm broken in two by Chief and  all hell would have broke out.

Also the hardships of war may make some of the spartans bitter and feel like they are owed something for their suffering or perhaps some may still want to keep fighting when their is no fighting to be had.  In Starwars for example there were actually some clone commanding officers that deserted the republic army because they felt like they were not given a real choice of fighting in the war. In an episode of the clone wars Commander Cody found one of these deserters who actually went in hiding and started a family of his own and had two kids. Cody and the deserter argued over their loyalty to the republic and their given right of free will to chose how to live.  http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Deserter  The same thing could happen with the spartans in my option since they were conditioned similarly.

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2012, 07:13:52 PM »

I don't see how it was wrong. Even ONI backed her. I think she deserves respect, because without her, no human would be left alive at this point, and the Spartan IV's wouldn't even have been created.

As for Chief saying "no", realize that he shared a very strong bond with Cortana. After everything those two have been through, it would make sense. Also, if anyone tried to take Cortana away from him, he would just get her back with minimal fuss. Chief isn't a man that lashes out violently. He is too calm and collected. Also, Chief knew Del Rio was being an idiot, anyway. Also, Chief new Lasky when he was just a cadet, about thirty years prior to this. He wouldn't want to potentially put him in harms way.

Yeah, but this isn't Star Wars. The Spartans don't care, they just want to get the job done. That's all they want. Three of the major Spartan II's that were on Master Chief's squad way back when are all still alive and none of them have acted out in any way.

Tasardur
Nerf Herder
Knight Commander

« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2012, 02:12:50 AM »

Can I just throw out the fact that Del Rio was relieved of his position when the UNSC leaders found out that he'd left the Chief alone on Requiem. Frankly, the only one that didn't see him as a hero is Del Rio and he got shell for it.

Dominix v2 SY

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: