Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Dark Omen Battery Housing Removal  (Read 598 times)
Darth Rob
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -1

"I'm one with the force. The force is with me."

« on: September 26, 2020, 10:41:50 PM »

Okay so this may have been answered somewhere else because it could apply to any saber but I could not find it and I'm a newbie so please forgive me. I just made my first purchase during the September sale so I ended up with 6 sabers.

Anyway unscrewing the pommel on my Dark Omen is easy enough but unlike all the other sabers the battery housing/speaker will not slide out to get to the batteries or mini usb port. I tried shaking the handle and slapping it against my palm but I do not want to smack it around to hard and cause anything to come loose but it is stuck in there too tight and will not come out.

I am look for suggestions because I do not want to break anything trying to get to my rechargable batteries or usb port since I got the premium sound with the intention of putting some classic Thundercats cartoon soundfonts on the saber.

Thanks for your help!

My Arsenal
Spectre-Sun Rider's Destiny/Artic Blue FOC; Dark Omen (Red Illuminated AV Switch)-Blazing Red/Fire Orange FOC; Sentinel v/4-Artic Blue Stunt; (CD) Legionnaire, (CD) Osprey-Neopixel

Family Arsenal
The Monarch (nickel plated finish)-Bane's Heart/Adegan Silver FOC; Prophecy v3-Fire Orange Stunt, Aeon v3-Guardian Blue Stunt, Initiate v3-Consular Green Stunt; (CD) Eminence-Neopixel, (CD) Dark Templar, (CD) Tsukenshido Shadow Warrior

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2020, 10:52:26 PM »

It WILL come out... you just have to convince it. 
1. Get a bath towel, fold it into at least six layers, and set it on the floor (preferably a bare, hard floor surface, but carpet will work okay).
2. Remove your pommel.
3. Using both hands, hold your saber by the blade, near the pointy end.
4. Stand right next to that folded towel, facing it.
5. Raise your hands while holding the saber, as high as you can.
6. Bring the saber straight down on the folded towel, with reasonable force.
7. Nothing will have happened, so repeat steps 5 and 6 with increasing force until you see results.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Darth Rob
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2020, 02:41:23 AM »

Thanks, I will try that tomorrow and if successful let you know. Appreciate the tip!

My Arsenal
Spectre-Sun Rider's Destiny/Artic Blue FOC; Dark Omen (Red Illuminated AV Switch)-Blazing Red/Fire Orange FOC; Sentinel v/4-Artic Blue Stunt; (CD) Legionnaire, (CD) Osprey-Neopixel

Family Arsenal
The Monarch (nickel plated finish)-Bane's Heart/Adegan Silver FOC; Prophecy v3-Fire Orange Stunt, Aeon v3-Guardian Blue Stunt, Initiate v3-Consular Green Stunt; (CD) Eminence-Neopixel, (CD) Dark Templar, (CD) Tsukenshido Shadow Warrior

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2020, 07:29:12 AM »

If that doesn't work, go from the other side.
From what I've read on the forum, on most sabers you can let the LED slide out and then use a chopstick or something like it, to push the batteryholder out.

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

Darth Rob
Force Sensitive

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2020, 05:21:01 PM »

I was able to try the towel on the floor method and it worked...eventually. Still seems pretty tight it there, this hilt just seems smaller than others so I may have to do this everytime I want to remove it Sad but at least I know how to now.

Thanks!

My Arsenal

Family Arsenal

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2020, 05:38:36 PM »

You may want to try this:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4Mz4D-l7Nw&amp;t" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4Mz4D-l7Nw&amp;t</a>

Haven't tried it with a soundboard, but it might work.

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: