Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 426 427 [428] 429 430 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1281383 times)
Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 271

Triple Ace

« Reply #6405 on: March 03, 2018, 05:40:37 PM »

If one more person tells me to sell some of my trumpets they are gonna get one down their throat. I do not have too many, yes I play all of them, and no my collection is not complete. Keep your little mermaid jokes to yourself. The new boss was doing a "get to know each other team builder" and was going around talking about peoples hobbies. the exchange went something like this:

Boss: So what kind of hobbies do you have?
Me:I collect instruments, primarily trumpets and cornets, and I have a few dueling grade lightsabers.
B: How Many trumpets do you have?
M: 6.
B: Seriously? what about other instruments?
M: I also have 4 cornets, a flugelhorn, a french horn, 4 trombones, and a couple guitars.
B: What do you do with all of them?
M: Play them. . ?
B: Heh, how many more are you going to get?
M: I don't know, I am thinking about getting a Holton 48 or a Buescher 205.
B: Cool, You should bring in a lightsaber some time!

I can't even convey his tone over the internet.

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #6406 on: March 03, 2018, 06:20:40 PM »

If one more person tells me to sell some of my trumpets they are gonna get one down their throat. I do not have too many, yes I play all of them, and no my collection is not complete. Keep your little mermaid jokes to yourself. The new boss was doing a "get to know each other team builder" and was going around talking about peoples hobbies. the exchange went something like this:

Boss: So what kind of hobbies do you have?
Me:I collect instruments, primarily trumpets and cornets, and I have a few dueling grade lightsabers.
B: How Many trumpets do you have?
M: 6.
B: Seriously? what about other instruments?
M: I also have 4 cornets, a flugelhorn, a french horn, 4 trombones, and a couple guitars.
B: What do you do with all of them?
M: Play them. . ?
B: Heh, how many more are you going to get?
M: I don't know, I am thinking about getting a Holton 48 or a Buescher 205.
B: Cool, You should bring in a lightsaber some time!

I can't even convey his tone over the internet.

are you..unhappy that he asked you to bring in a lightsaber?

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Triple Ace

« Reply #6407 on: March 03, 2018, 07:14:14 PM »

are you..unhappy that he asked you to bring in a lightsaber?

His tone about the instruments, I get poked at a lot for my collection.

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #6408 on: March 03, 2018, 07:55:27 PM »

I kinda found that funny though, just the first and last bits. You say you have some dueling sabers then he says you should buy some Tongue I only have 2 guitars so, and I had a big collection of them years ago for multiple down tunings so I kinda feel you there x.x I'm wanting one for drop c# specifically, half step down DCGFAD, and drop b. I always used to play in all those tunings but for right now I just have the 2 for drop d and c specifically. Just trying to lighten the mood on the saber thing though Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #6409 on: March 03, 2018, 09:21:19 PM »

Most have been an about tone because just by the text sounded like he was interested. Or at least intrigued.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Triple Ace

« Reply #6410 on: March 03, 2018, 10:10:33 PM »

Most have been an about tone because just by the text sounded like he was interested. Or at least intrigued.

ever had somebody say something innocuous, almost friendly in content but the way they said it made it the opposite?

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #6411 on: March 03, 2018, 10:14:59 PM »

ever had somebody say something innocuous, almost friendly in content but the way they said it made it the opposite?
I'm not disagreeing with you.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #6412 on: March 03, 2018, 10:56:18 PM »

Ah.  There will always be people who sneer at what you collect.  I collect action figures and i get about an even number of people who are intrigued and dismissive. 

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6413 on: March 05, 2018, 02:07:14 PM »

Yeah. I accidentally did that yesterday. One of my drummers had told me I sounded good in the service, I responded in kind......before I remembered that he didn't play yesterday. I laughed at it because I've had an issue with his playing for the past few months. Undecided

Adulting thoroughly kriffing sucks. I just can't seem to get ahead. I have been spending less and less, and seem to have less money. Last week was 6-months of car insurance. This week is phone bill. And to top things off I had the "joyous" surprise of having to drop $150 on a frelling car battery. I'm never going to make it to ComiCon. Cry

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #6414 on: March 05, 2018, 02:13:40 PM »

Adulting thoroughly kriffing sucks. I just can't seem to get ahead. I have been spending less and less, and seem to have less money. Last week was 6-months of car insurance. This week is phone bill. And to top things off I had the "joyous" surprise of having to drop $150 on a frelling car battery. I'm never going to make it to ComiCon. Cry
Indeed it does suck. Two steps forward and all that shell.
C'mon Logos, you can't back out on me. Eat more ramen!

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6415 on: March 05, 2018, 02:46:22 PM »

Indeed it does suck. Two steps forward and all that shell.
C'mon Logos, you can't back out on me. Eat more ramen!
I have buttered toast and milk for breakfast, nothing/ramen for lunch, then dinner.

Not backing out. A single paycheck could pay for ComiCon. It's just the unexpected BS that keeps popping up.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #6416 on: March 05, 2018, 03:04:11 PM »

I have buttered toast and milk for breakfast, nothing/ramen for lunch, then dinner.

Not backing out. A single paycheck could pay for ComiCon. It's just the unexpected BS that keeps popping up.
Sounds like my meals  Roll Eyes toast or a breakfast bar with coffee, nothing for lunch, whatever for dinner.

Adulting sucks. But CC is gonna be worth it  Grin

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #6417 on: March 05, 2018, 03:12:27 PM »

I'm done.

Screw other people. Goddamned selfish pricks and bitches. They could all be on fire and I wouldn't piss on them to put them out

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #6418 on: March 05, 2018, 03:19:57 PM »

I'm done.

Screw other people. Goddamned selfish pricks and bitches. They could all be on fire and I wouldn't piss on them to put them out

What happened Jev?

Darkside Points Please

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6419 on: March 05, 2018, 03:39:16 PM »

Adulting sucks. But CC is gonna be worth it  Grin
Duh.

I'm done.

Is your Girl included in this group?

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 426 427 [428] 429 430 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: