Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 63   Go Down
Author Topic: Sith pride  (Read 223061 times)
Layana
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -354

Dark side points please ^^

« Reply #150 on: March 04, 2016, 04:52:56 PM »

First thing I had to do with my new Emerald Flamberge V2: paint it red.

Owned:
Spectre (Diamond)
Dark Sentinel LE V4 (Diamond)
Dark Sentinel V4 (Emerald & Obsidian V4)
Manticore (Emerald & Obsidian V4)
Flamberge V2, Adegan Silver sideblades (Emerald & Obsidian V4)
Dark Prophecy, Blazing Red (Obsidian V4)
Prophecy, Guardian Blue (Obsidian V4)
Dark Sentinel V4, Sun Rider's Destiny (Obsidian V5)
Dark Apprentice v4, Guardian Blue (Stunt)

Sold:
Dark Shock (Emerald & Obsidian V4)
Dominix LE V3, TRI Consular Green (Obsidian V4)
Dominix LE V3, Adegan Silver (Stunt)
Aeon LE V4, Consular Green (Stunt)

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #151 on: March 04, 2016, 04:54:04 PM »

It's also thicker than the average hilt diameter. It is long, but most of its extra length is due to the non-MHS emitter section and pommel. The grip area is roughly the same as an average hilt.

Wait, so the pommel is non-MHS?  Will yari extesions go on it I wonder? Hmmm...

OK, just checked.  The pommel is indeed MHS compatible.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 05:34:18 PM by Lord Rapine » Logged

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #152 on: March 04, 2016, 04:56:07 PM »

Nice Layana! -1!

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #153 on: March 04, 2016, 05:47:04 PM »

Wait, so the pommel is non-MHS?  Will yari extesions go on it I wonder? Hmmm...

OK, just checked.  The pommel is indeed MHS compatible.

Sorry for the confusion. The pommel is MHS, and the large silver section of the emitter is MHS threaded.

The large black windowed section is part of the shroud, and does not come off.

Is there really any other color needed? I like how the light reflects off the guard emitter to look like windows.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #154 on: March 04, 2016, 06:29:34 PM »

Sorry for the confusion. The pommel is MHS, and the large silver section of the emitter is MHS threaded.

The large black windowed section is part of the shroud, and does not come off.

Cool. It's the pommel part that I was curious about.  I like the emitter and claw just as they are, and would not dare alter it. 

Resume wanting one.  Smiley

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #155 on: March 04, 2016, 06:33:26 PM »

Cool. It's the pommel part that I was curious about.  I like the emitter and claw just as they are, and would not dare alter it. 

Resume wanting one.  Smiley

Now as I said, the Scorp has a shroud around the main body, so the end of a Yari won't lay flush with the outer diameter. But it should still look pretty wicked as a pike, if that is your objective.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #156 on: March 04, 2016, 06:52:43 PM »

Oh that's so nice in a bad way.  This is how I imagine the Flamberge should look including the pointed tips.  There's a few ladies that have this saber now.  hmm...    +1   Cool

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #157 on: March 04, 2016, 07:28:11 PM »

Now as I said, the Scorp has a shroud around the main body, so the end of a Yari won't lay flush with the outer diameter. But it should still look pretty wicked as a pike, if that is your objective.
Well, multiple pike extensions actually.  I'm making a saberstaff.  It would look absolutely sick with a claw on top IMO.

A Malice would look really cool too.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 07:36:00 PM by Lord Rapine » Logged

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #158 on: March 04, 2016, 07:38:36 PM »

Oh that's so nice in a bad way.  This is how I imagine the Flamberge should look including the pointed tips.  There's a few ladies that have this saber now.  hmm...    +1   Cool

A JEDI WITH A FLAMBERGE?!  Lunacy... Smiley Tongue

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #159 on: March 04, 2016, 07:53:12 PM »

A JEDI WITH A FLAMBERGE?!  Lunacy... Smiley Tongue

Unknown and underappreciated fact.  I was the one who suggested that US include pointed tips for the blade selection choices on the crossguard sabers.   Tongue

I'm sure that US or anyone else could not have come up with this awesome idea on their own.   Roll Eyes

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #160 on: March 04, 2016, 08:06:11 PM »

Unknown and underappreciated fact.  I was the one who suggested that US include pointed tips for the blade selection choices on the crossguard sabers.   Tongue

I'm sure that US or anyone else could not have come up with this awesome idea on their own.   Roll Eyes

Well, I won't enter that.  I was only kidding anyway. 

Any person can have any hilt that they desire.

TBT, I'd like to see one not red.

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #161 on: March 04, 2016, 08:08:46 PM »

I saw a purple one that looked cool...considering that's the only other color I'd ever think about wielding besides red, that made it even cooler.

But according to the Rebels mid-season trailer, a silver Flamberge with a Consular Green blade is about to become canon.

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #162 on: March 04, 2016, 08:18:37 PM »

I saw a purple one that looked cool...considering that's the only other color I'd ever think about wielding besides red, that made it even cooler.

But according to the Rebels mid-season trailer, a silver Flamberge with a Consular Green blade is about to become canon.
Oh cool! That'd be neat.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #163 on: March 04, 2016, 10:16:42 PM »

Well, multiple pike extensions actually.  I'm making a saberstaff.  It would look absolutely sick with a claw on top IMO.

A Malice would look really cool too.

Ok, now you're confusing me. Are you sure you know the difference between a pike and a staff?

Sig by For Tyeth

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #164 on: March 04, 2016, 10:22:44 PM »

Just FYI...mixed color LEDs have a tendency to not look so hot in a windowed emitter. the individual colors don't mix well that close to the light source, so it would look blue on one side, and red on the other side.

I had this experience when I ordered SY in my Manticore. However, BH does OK, but the single color LEDs do the best.

My EG Dark Apprentice V4 LE with windows is just fine, no mixing issues.  Also haven't had a problem with any color on  my Emerald driven Dark Menace staff.  That said, all of those have fairly deep seating for the blade, so they may just have enough room for the colors to fully mix in the blade film before the light reaches the windows.  Blade plugs, on the other hand, do look funny from the front with the mixed colors on.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 63   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: