Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1292209 times)
rezeb360
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 60

« Reply #150 on: December 15, 2012, 08:33:05 PM »

With all the things going on around me I'm not sure any more.. To start I'll be spending more money on tires this week. followed by an empty bank account, no food, and no way to pay my bills. To top my list the money I have been saving for my costume has now been redirected towards the tiers and possibly other things if there is any left. A mischievous cycle of trying to save money only to have something come up is occurring constantly. If only I could stop or brake the cycle I would but it seems unlikely.  Undecided  Have a good weekend all and vent if you need too. Sad

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #151 on: December 15, 2012, 10:52:39 PM »

I seem to be stuck in the same cycle, rezeb. It sucks.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

rezeb360
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 60

« Reply #152 on: December 15, 2012, 11:39:31 PM »

I seem to be stuck in the same cycle, rezeb. It sucks.
That it dose. Might have to sell my light sabers and swords so I can get back on par.

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #153 on: January 12, 2013, 06:47:05 PM »

I have a total love-hate relationship with college. I haven't exercised at all for the past two days. Yep, I'll admit it. But seriously, my entire week has been so physically and emotionally draining and I don't have the energy to exercise any more. Heck, I can't do anything. There is so much homework to do, so much to study for, and all of my time is spent on doing all of it. It makes feel like they want me to not have a life, and that they want me to live like a hermit one of these days.

On the other side of that coin, completing the work can be very satisfying, and I know that the only way to get smarter is by doing the work. At the same time, nobody gets anywhere with out doing hard work, and having a social life isn't as important, but seriously, could they at least tone it down a notch? A social life actually is an important thing to have. You need those social interactions for work, after all. But how do we get that social interaction if we spend so many years of our lives cooped up in our bedrooms doing homework all the time? As for the work itself, there is NO breathing room whatsoever. Everything is rushed. You got to do this, whilst studying for this, quiz is at the start of next week, oh, but you have to do this as well, and you have an essay to do, and you need to memorize the entire Japanese Hiragana syllabery in under a week, on top of all of the other crap that you have to do.

...Seriously?

It's like the education system was just designed to make us all a bunch of compliant drones.

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #154 on: January 12, 2013, 09:50:05 PM »

I feel ya, Hobbie. I feel ya.

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Keiwanis
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 65

« Reply #155 on: January 12, 2013, 10:52:48 PM »

Hirgana and Katakana were easy for me Tongue The trick I used was to envision a picture out of the symbol to help me remember.

For instance:
KA = and old lady bending over with her walker, with a crow behind her attacking her (KA! KA!) [Crow noises B)]

KEIWANIS BANNER

-Light Side Points appreciated Smiley-

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #156 on: January 12, 2013, 11:10:26 PM »

I feel ya, Hobbie. I feel ya.

*brohug*

Hirgana and Katakana were easy for me Tongue The trick I used was to envision a picture out of the symbol to help me remember.

For instance:
KA = and old lady bending over with her walker, with a crow behind her attacking her (KA! KA!) [Crow noises B)]

I do that as well. For Ku, I imagine a bird going "Ku, ku." Looks like a bird's beak too. Pictures don't really help me for any of the other ones, though.

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #157 on: January 12, 2013, 11:24:51 PM »

Wow, had 3 years of Japanese in High School, sadly, that was 20 years ago, so my knowledge is broken... I've subconsciously written a few thing in Hiragana and Katakana over the years, and have managed a few basic translations of a some things, but I can't really recall any of it if asked.

Wonder if hypnosis would help me recover that knowledge?

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #158 on: January 12, 2013, 11:30:59 PM »

I took three years of latin, and I didn't remember any of it when I was still in the classes! LOL Though for some reason, I seem to recall random bits of it, a couple phrases (the ones I used to get out of class  Roll Eyes ), and and can translate the inscriptions on a lot of foreign coins. And not all of them are even in latin. lol

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #159 on: January 13, 2013, 12:28:28 AM »

It's probably a tad bit easier than the ones you guys mentioned, but I took German for a year in HS. I only remember random bits of it now. Like how to ask to go to the bathroom. Cheesy

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #160 on: January 14, 2013, 02:54:20 AM »

Yep, one week is definitely not enough time to learn the entire Hiragana syllabery. I still have eleven more characters to memorize, and the quiz is tomorrow. This is so kriffing stupid.

Darth Abaddon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 96

« Reply #161 on: January 14, 2013, 05:32:13 PM »

Speaking of college. Thanks to my high school math teachers I now have to take an EXTRA math class this summer. I got a 43 on my college placement test in elementary algebra. My algebra teacher was a horrible teacher and nobody in her class got more than a C myself included. Then the next year my Geometry teacher didn't even attempt to teach. He handed out papers and crayons to color. So thanks to the "glorious" teachers of the W-B area district, and I say glorious sarcastically, I now have to pay extra money to learn what my parents' taxes failed to teach me. The worst part is both years I chose to go to regular math classes. They sent me to the "applied" classes anyway and wouldn't let me switch...

Bottom line is now I have to pay extra money through no fault of my own...

If anyone ever tries to kill you, you try and kill 'em right back.

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #162 on: January 14, 2013, 06:19:49 PM »

Bottom line is now I have to pay extra money through no fault of my own...

Grin Maybe you should have colored inside the lines in Geometry...

J/K I had a teacher like that, refuse to actually teach anything, we spent most of the year watching socially relevant movies like... well, nothing comes to mind, but it was supposed to be an Algebra II class.  He was "retired" the next year.

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #163 on: January 14, 2013, 06:25:18 PM »

Yep, one week is definitely not enough time to learn the entire Hiragana syllabery. I still have eleven more characters to memorize, and the quiz is tomorrow. This is so kriffing stupid.

Only managed to memorize 3 more characters. School starts in an hour. Bleh. I was also apparently supposed to read through the first few sections of the first chapter in the textbook. How was I supposed to do both of those things at once? Well, I'm going to fail.

Keiwanis
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 65

« Reply #164 on: January 14, 2013, 10:27:30 PM »

*brohug*

I do that as well. For Ku, I imagine a bird going "Ku, ku." Looks like a bird's beak too. Pictures don't really help me for any of the other ones, though.

PM the symbols you cant figure out tricks for, and I'll give you mine.
I have all of them for katakana too, btw.

KEIWANIS BANNER

-Light Side Points appreciated Smiley-

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: