Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1292896 times)
JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #1320 on: August 20, 2015, 12:00:47 AM »

So, we're exceedingly busy at work and starting to get behind on several projects, just due to the backlog of new projects coming in.  So we hired a couple of new people, which we needed desperately anyways, but we're having to take time to train them, which is contributing to the backlog of work as well now.  Right now it's a vicious catch 22, but hopefully once we get through their training, we can get our output back up so those of us that are able to slow the flood can get back to what we do.

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #1321 on: August 20, 2015, 12:34:37 AM »

In what ways?

She's basically portraying herself as physically flawless, and with the lack of humanizing blemishes, the vacant stare, and the almost mechanical way she seems to portray herself (same poses and expressions everywhere she goes), she is reminiscent of a robot.

Now, the uncanny valley is a hypothesis in the field of aesthetics which holds that when features look and move almost, but not exactly, like natural beings, it causes a response of revulsion among some observers. The "valley" refers to the dip in a graph of the comfort level of beings as subjects move toward a healthy, natural likeness described in a function of a subject's aesthetic acceptability. Examples can be found in the fields of robotics and 3D computer animation, among others.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

magik0012
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 107

« Reply #1322 on: August 20, 2015, 03:50:35 AM »

Nothing like jumping (or being dumped) onto a new project at work, mid stream... I sooo love drinking thru a fire-hose.

Never give up! Never surrender!

Archon v3 (Emerald RGBA + v4 sound), Graflex SE (GB + v3 sound), Chosen One SE (BR + v3 sound), Manticore (VA + v3 sound), Flamberge v2 (FO + v4 sound, dis-assembled and lightly kitbashed), 

Aeon LE v4 (stunt CG), Dark Prophecy x2 (being re-customized) (stunt BR & DVA or VA),

Dark Arbiter (Disassembled), Overlord (Disassembled)
Dark Liberator (BR w v3 sound - gifted away), Dark Sentinel LE v4 (AB w v3 sound - gifted away)

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #1323 on: August 20, 2015, 05:15:58 AM »

This heat wave is really killing me. I despise summer!

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #1324 on: August 20, 2015, 05:16:46 AM »

I feel that.  Last week, the heat index here was 117.   WHAT.

Groovidad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Darth Groove

« Reply #1325 on: August 20, 2015, 05:38:21 AM »

I feel that.  Last week, the heat index here was 117.   WHAT.

What would you rather have, 117 F OR -22 F?  I think we need to keep things in context.

Failure is NOT an option!
ARSENAL
Dark Initiate LE v3; BR w/VA FoC; OBS v4
Chosen One CE; BR w/AS FoC; AV red; OBS v4
Dominix LE v3; VA W/AB FoC, AV red, OBS v4
Dark Liberator v3; FO, OBS v3
Guardian CE; Emerald, Black AV yellow, OBS v4
Sentinel v4, Windows, SRD w/AB FoC, Silver AV blue, OBS v4
Graflex SE, Emerald, silver AV, Brass buttons, OBS v3
Prophecy, GB blade, OBS v3, Silver AV
Standard Issue BS, GB w/VA FoC, Silver AV Green, OBS v3
Crimson Reaper, Emerald, Silver AV Blue, OBS v3, recharge port
Crimson Liberator, Stunt
Archon v2.1; CG w/AS FoC, AV Blue, OBS v4

Darth Severus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -141

« Reply #1326 on: August 20, 2015, 05:41:26 AM »

I'd pick 60 with a light rain if I'm picking. Having one bad choice and one worst choice doesn't mean I would like either.

It is not the side of the force we chose, but our actions that define us.
Dark Liberator-AS
Phantasm Staff -DVA

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #1327 on: August 20, 2015, 01:40:40 PM »

What would you rather have, 117 F OR -22 F?  I think we need to keep things in context.

Context?  Boy, plz.  I would so much rather have the latter.  That's not even an actual question.  Wink   

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1328 on: August 20, 2015, 01:55:23 PM »

She's basically portraying herself as physically flawless, and with the lack of humanizing blemishes, the vacant stare, and the almost mechanical way she seems to portray herself (same poses and expressions everywhere she goes), she is reminiscent of a robot.

Now, the uncanny valley is a hypothesis in the field of aesthetics which holds that when features look and move almost, but not exactly, like natural beings, it causes a response of revulsion among some observers. The "valley" refers to the dip in a graph of the comfort level of beings as subjects move toward a healthy, natural likeness described in a function of a subject's aesthetic acceptability. Examples can be found in the fields of robotics and 3D computer animation, among others.

Effectively, the thing that made humans hate the AI beings from the Matrix? (If you ever saw the Animatrix)

That is a very astute observation, and yes that is, for the most part, what bugs me about her. She's like a doll trying to be human.

Shut up and love it. I hate being cold.

I'm with Groovi. I'd rather suffer through the heat than suffer through the cold. Ah, screw it. What does he know? He's livin' in paradise. Tongue
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 01:59:02 PM by Darth Logos » Logged

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Groovidad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Darth Groove

« Reply #1329 on: August 20, 2015, 05:06:58 PM »

Effectively, the thing that made humans hate the AI beings from the Matrix? (If you ever saw the Animatrix)

That is a very astute observation, and yes that is, for the most part, what bugs me about her. She's like a doll trying to be human.

I'm with Groovi. I'd rather suffer through the heat than suffer through the cold. Ah, screw it. What does he know? He's livin' in paradise. Tongue

He He He! Cool  (Where are the palm tree emoticons when I need them?!) Wink

Failure is NOT an option!
ARSENAL
Dark Initiate LE v3; BR w/VA FoC; OBS v4
Chosen One CE; BR w/AS FoC; AV red; OBS v4
Dominix LE v3; VA W/AB FoC, AV red, OBS v4
Dark Liberator v3; FO, OBS v3
Guardian CE; Emerald, Black AV yellow, OBS v4
Sentinel v4, Windows, SRD w/AB FoC, Silver AV blue, OBS v4
Graflex SE, Emerald, silver AV, Brass buttons, OBS v3
Prophecy, GB blade, OBS v3, Silver AV
Standard Issue BS, GB w/VA FoC, Silver AV Green, OBS v3
Crimson Reaper, Emerald, Silver AV Blue, OBS v3, recharge port
Crimson Liberator, Stunt
Archon v2.1; CG w/AS FoC, AV Blue, OBS v4

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #1330 on: August 20, 2015, 05:14:40 PM »

Don't you tell me what to love, bro.  I do what I want!  Bundle up, buttercup. 

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1331 on: August 20, 2015, 05:28:30 PM »

I am immune to your condescention. I have a cousin on Maui, that constantly posts sunset pics on face book. Part of me thinks he does it subconsciously to rub it in. But he always maintains an open invite to the whole family if they ever want to come out for a stay.

I think Nox needs a snapping emoticon.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #1332 on: August 20, 2015, 05:33:23 PM »

It was actually 60's and rainy here yesterday (instead of the typical 100+ and bone dry), and we'll be back up into the 90's on Saturday.  Overall this has been a very strange summer. 

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #1333 on: August 20, 2015, 05:36:55 PM »

It was actually 60's and rainy here yesterday (instead of the typical 100+ and bone dry), and we'll be back up into the 90's on Saturday.  Overall this has been a very strange summer. 

Last week, I walked outside around 9pm and it was 65!  I kept waiting for the Twilight Zone music to happen.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1334 on: August 20, 2015, 05:38:24 PM »

Where are you?

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: