Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1292478 times)
B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #1365 on: August 27, 2015, 09:49:31 AM »

Good news!

After talking to my pharmacist today I discovered that I'm NOT on the maximum dosage of my current painkillers. Which is just swell, since my ankle is playing up which in turn causes my knees to play up, which in turn causes pain in my legs, hips, back etc from all the limping. Made all the better by my work deciding to throw my stool in the bin because it is 'broken'- it has been 'broken' for more than 12 months in that case, lovely of them to pick now of all times to decide this- and that I need to provide ANOTHER medical certificate saying I need one then they will look into ordering one, even though I have an approved injury management plan with them stating that I am allowed to sit and rest, though it is now 18 months old. Good to know that I can double my painkillers for tomorrow since I've been in agony all week.

Seriously considering calling in sick tomorrow and when they ask why I'll just say "sorry, you told me if I'm too injured to stand then I'm too injured to work, and well I'm in too much pain right now to even warrant getting out of bed, thanks bye."

Still dunno when I'll get surgery either.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

wargame_insomniac
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 48

« Reply #1366 on: August 27, 2015, 10:31:19 AM »

Good news!

After talking to my pharmacist today I discovered that I'm NOT on the maximum dosage of my current painkillers. Which is just swell, since my ankle is playing up which in turn causes my knees to play up, which in turn causes pain in my legs, hips, back etc from all the limping. Made all the better by my work deciding to throw my stool in the bin because it is 'broken'- it has been 'broken' for more than 12 months in that case, lovely of them to pick now of all times to decide this- and that I need to provide ANOTHER medical certificate saying I need one then they will look into ordering one, even though I have an approved injury management plan with them stating that I am allowed to sit and rest, though it is now 18 months old. Good to know that I can double my painkillers for tomorrow since I've been in agony all week.

Seriously considering calling in sick tomorrow and when they ask why I'll just say "sorry, you told me if I'm too injured to stand then I'm too injured to work, and well I'm in too much pain right now to even warrant getting out of bed, thanks bye."

Still dunno when I'll get surgery either.
That's rough.  Am going through some tough health issues myself so I can sympathise.  Hope new pain killers work and that you can get new stool sorted soon.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #1367 on: August 27, 2015, 11:32:04 AM »

That's rough.  Am going through some tough health issues myself so I can sympathise.  Hope new pain killers work and that you can get new stool sorted soon.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Well right now I'm so sore that everything aches and I've been feeling physically sick for the last two hours. I can barely limp around the house. Currently restricted to leg elevated on the lounge and waiting for my slow release painkillers to finish wearing off so I can dose up on more.

I thinking work can go get $*&%#@ tomorrow. I'm not going through another day of this.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Groovidad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Darth Groove

« Reply #1368 on: August 27, 2015, 05:46:00 PM »

Well right now I'm so sore that everything aches and I've been feeling physically sick for the last two hours. I can barely limp around the house. Currently restricted to leg elevated on the lounge and waiting for my slow release painkillers to finish wearing off so I can dose up on more.

I thinking work can go get $*&%#@ tomorrow. I'm not going through another day of this.

Having been a nurse for 30 yrs (no longer), one thing that is certain, DON'T wait for the pain relievers to "wear off".  Take them as prescribed.  "IF" you have "break through" pain before your next dose, it's ok to take them early.  The idea is to keep the level of relief optimal because, if you let them wear off and the pain breaks through, it takes much longer to get the pain under control. 

Failure is NOT an option!
ARSENAL
Dark Initiate LE v3; BR w/VA FoC; OBS v4
Chosen One CE; BR w/AS FoC; AV red; OBS v4
Dominix LE v3; VA W/AB FoC, AV red, OBS v4
Dark Liberator v3; FO, OBS v3
Guardian CE; Emerald, Black AV yellow, OBS v4
Sentinel v4, Windows, SRD w/AB FoC, Silver AV blue, OBS v4
Graflex SE, Emerald, silver AV, Brass buttons, OBS v3
Prophecy, GB blade, OBS v3, Silver AV
Standard Issue BS, GB w/VA FoC, Silver AV Green, OBS v3
Crimson Reaper, Emerald, Silver AV Blue, OBS v3, recharge port
Crimson Liberator, Stunt
Archon v2.1; CG w/AS FoC, AV Blue, OBS v4

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #1369 on: August 27, 2015, 09:58:45 PM »

I was listening to the radio this morning and the female host was teasing the male host about how excited he was for Ep. 7.   She started asking him if he was one "those people" who dress up for Star Wars premiers.  She said like it was some hilarious, sad thing and I could tell that he was irritated with her.

But then?  OH HOO HOO.  She says:

"Well, thank god my girls aren't into Star Wars because I could never buy them toys from something I didn't understand!!"

Uh.  What?  I wasn't just irritated because of her Star Wars bashing, but also the fact that she said she couldn't possibly buy her children toys from "something she didn't understand?"  Well, holy crap.  Imagine a CHILD having their own interests and ideas that a parent just MIGHT NOT be into!!!   I mean, I know my mother was 100% obsessed with Scooby Doo just like I was.  OBVIOUSLY.   Roll Eyes

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #1370 on: August 28, 2015, 11:44:56 AM »

Having been a nurse for 30 yrs (no longer), one thing that is certain, DON'T wait for the pain relievers to "wear off".  Take them as prescribed.  "IF" you have "break through" pain before your next dose, it's ok to take them early.  The idea is to keep the level of relief optimal because, if you let them wear off and the pain breaks through, it takes much longer to get the pain under control. 

Sorry, I should clarify they are slow release 12 hour painkillers. I was nowhere near the end of that 12 hours and didn't want to take extra just yet, I figured id get towards the end of that then take the full dose.

Pains not really properly managed anyway. I think they don't want to put me on stronger stuff.

My boss was not impressed when I called in sick today. I'm not impressed that I'm in so much pain, so I don't see what his problem is. Shouldn't have taken away my stool should he. Also my doctor was thoroughly confused by why the hell they needed another certificate and what the problem with my work was.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #1371 on: August 28, 2015, 01:54:56 PM »

I was listening to the radio this morning and the female host was teasing the male host about how excited he was for Ep. 7.   She started asking him if he was one "those people" who dress up for Star Wars premiers.  She said like it was some hilarious, sad thing and I could tell that he was irritated with her.

"Well, thank god my girls aren't into Star Wars because I could never buy them toys from something I didn't understand!!"

Uh.  What?  I wasn't just irritated because of her Star Wars bashing, but also the fact that she said she couldn't possibly buy her children toys from "something she didn't understand?"  Well, holy crap.  Imagine a CHILD having their own interests and ideas that a parent just MIGHT NOT be into!!!   I mean, I know my mother was 100% obsessed with Scooby Doo just like I was.  OBVIOUSLY.   Roll Eyes

Just like my mom was TOTALLY obsessed with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, ya know.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1372 on: August 28, 2015, 02:35:07 PM »

I lucked out. Both of my parents totally understood and supported my obsession with Gundam.  Roll Eyes Wink

However, they were the ones that introduced me to SW. I got to see the original release of 'Jedi' when I was 2. But I can't imagine why they don't get my current collecting of light sabers. Go fig.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #1373 on: August 28, 2015, 03:05:49 PM »

My parents introduced me to Star Wars, too.  Smiley   I remember a few weeks later, my mother was like, "I HAVE MADE AN ERROR!"    Cheesy   Wink 

They weren't super into it like I am, but they definitely enjoyed it and would watch the movies with me and play with my toys with me and stuff.  They sometimes ask me now when I'm going to "stop with the Star Wars thing," and I very casually remind them that the "Star Wars thing" is entirely their fault.   Cheesy

But yeah, I didn't understand why this lady was aghast at the thought of her children having an interest she didn't share.  That seemed so very odd to me.  As far as casual interests go, the only thing I really have in common with my parents on a hardcore level is music.  They both play music, love music, etc.  We can talk music for hours.  I don't see why this host "needs" to have interests in common with her pre-teen and grade school age girls?   It was weird to me.  I'd be proud that my kids were doing their own thing.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1374 on: August 28, 2015, 03:10:09 PM »

My parents introduced me to Star Wars, too.  Smiley   I remember a few weeks later, my mother was like, "I HAVE MADE AN ERROR!"    Cheesy   Wink 

They weren't super into it like I am, but they definitely enjoyed it and would watch the movies with me and play with my toys with me and stuff.  They sometimes ask me now when I'm going to "stop with the Star Wars thing," and I very casually remind them that the "Star Wars thing" is entirely their fault.   Cheesy

But yeah, I didn't understand why this lady was aghast at the thought of her children having an interest she didn't share.  That seemed so very odd to me.  As far as casual interests go, the only thing I really have in common with my parents on a hardcore level is music.  They both play music, love music, etc.  We can talk music for hours.  I don't see why this host "needs" to have interests in common with her pre-teen and grade school age girls?   It was weird to me.  I'd be proud that my kids were doing their own thing.

The only way I would ever be like "I'm not supporting my child's fixation with <whatever>" would be if I felt it was just media-fad hype BS. Like Frozen. I have sworn that the only Disney princess my daughter will ever be allowed to emulate is Merida. Although, now she can also look up to Leia as well.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #1375 on: August 28, 2015, 10:34:06 PM »

The only way I would ever be like "I'm not supporting my child's fixation with <whatever>" would be if I felt it was just media-fad hype BS. Like Frozen. I have sworn that the only Disney princess my daughter will ever be allowed to emulate is Merida. Although, now she can also look up to Leia as well.

I wouldn't care as long as the kid didn't become a brat about it.  They can like what they want.

I have managed to avoid "Frozen" thus far.  I hope to keep it that way!

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #1376 on: August 29, 2015, 01:57:24 AM »

I wouldn't care as long as the kid didn't become a brat about it.  They can like what they want.

I agree with the first part. But I actually enjoyed frozen.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #1377 on: August 29, 2015, 02:01:15 AM »

I surprisingly enjoyed Frozen too, as long as you don't get sucked into all the nonsense and enjoy it for what it is it's fine.

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #1378 on: August 29, 2015, 02:03:03 AM »

You should really just let it go...

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #1379 on: August 29, 2015, 02:37:44 AM »

You should really just let it go...

Pretty sure I already did that when I decided not to hear it.  Wink

Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: